I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

I had to chime in... my group of friends and I have a traveling "rubber chicken" we refer to as Humphrey Bogart (or Bo for short). He's gone to the, Hoover Dam, Florida Keys, Las Vegas, New York... and so on. We find it hilarious... and we're in our late twenties. :D

Heeeeere's BO!

Rofl!! SEE....not all the weird stuff is done by us "older" folks!! ;)

It had never really bothered me one way or the other and I really couldn't care UNTIL....we were sailing on Costa and sitting next to us in the dining room was a woman with a monkey puppet. The kind with the string. She only talked through the puppet and it was super annoying and she would get in your face with that thing.

The stuffed animals, gnomes, blow up dolls/animals whatever cool beans just don't talk to me with them!;)

Now THAT would freak me out!!:eek::D

I was inspired by the angry bird review... And yeah, I'm cruising solo so i would like something other than scenery to take pics of.

So here is my stand in, Wilbur.

b8e94685-d208-61df.jpg

Looks like he needs a vacation more than I do!

Haha!! Anything having to do with those Angry Birds and those pigs just cracks me UP!!:D:p

I totally agree with the OP, the taking of stuffed animals in public and posing them for photos, putting them on the dinner table, etc. is childish. But if folks enjoy it, fine, but we can still have an opinion.

I think people that smuggle booze on the ship and spend their time drunk and partying..is childish, and what a waste of money..:)

this hurts no one, no one wakes up hung over in the morning wondering what they did, doesnt cost anything, makes for great conversation..and is just good clean fun...

Here is a picture of our captain, Made on the ship, 100% Carnival, and this is what He does when us passengers are panicking about the hurricanes..

cruise31.jpg

I'm going on my first Alaska cruise next May....should i take my Jamaican bird with me, or should i get something that is more in tune with "Alaska"...maybe a moose or something?:D:confused::D

Nah, don't worry about it, my penguins love St. Croix, I'm sure your Jamaican bird would enjoy Alaska. (Gotta find last year's photo of Skipper with Santa Flamingo). ;)

My 5-y/o granddaughter asked me to take her cow "Mooly" with me on my first cruise which was to the Mex Riv. Mooly went along with his head sticking out of my backpack and had his picture taken at various places around the ship. Every day I'd send a new picture of Mooly to my granddaughter. My son said that she waited every day for the picture to come and always had a big smile on her face.

Mooly came home with a just-his-size sombrero and a "I (heart) Puerto Vallarta t-shirt, also just his size.

Poor thing? Do you know how many cruises this Dog has been on? He's working on his Milestone Card now, lucky dog, and no harm has ever come to him!

I dunno - still looks like Stuffed Animal Abuse to me!! (is he allowed to fraternize with the towel animals at least? for company while you galivant around the ship having a good time? :D:D)

We always travel with Waddles.

Just another fun way to enjoy our Cruise.

2909480740100521907S600x600Q85.jpg

I was hoping Waddles would show up here! How's he doing? Hope all is well!

P.S. I had the 'pleasure' of meeting Waddles a couple of years ago - very friendly and extremely well behaved and well-dressed! :)

I dunno - still looks like Stuffed Animal Abuse to me!! (is he allowed to fraternize with the towel animals at least? for company while you galivant around the ship having a good time? :D:D)

Are you kidding?:p That dog is a party animal. He is well known at all the bars.

Why didn't I get to meet Toga Dawg? :confused:

OK, so someone on one of my roll calls was an older woman (no, not me) traveling solo and she takes one of these dolls that looks like a live baby and dresses it up to fit the weather and excursion. That was a little creepy for me.

I don't "get" it, either, but I'm an old Stick-in-the-Mud. :p

But I also don't "get" why anyone cares one way or the other what anyone else likes or doesn't like or does or doesn't do!

As long as it doesn't interfere with me doing what I enjoying doing on my cruise, then it's none of my business.

I haven't read all the responses, but here is mine:

My "toy" was Rover the Dog who belongs to my grandson. Since his mommy and daddy won't let him cruise with us yet, he sent Rover along to watch over us. I can't begin to tell you the fun my grandson had seeing the pictures and hearing the stories of Rover the Dog. We also met quite a few people on the ship due to Rover.

And yes, we will do it again.

I was hoping Waddles would show up here! How's he doing? Hope all is well!

P.S. I had the 'pleasure' of meeting Waddles a couple of years ago - very friendly and extremely well behaved and well-dressed! :)

Waddles is just fine...

Perhaps we can all sail again soon !

Why didn't I get to meet Toga Dawg? :confused:

I must have left him in the cabin that week. I'm sure I had him with me because he always came on my business cruises and I was on one the first week of the B2B on the Miracle. I guess I didn't want you guys to think I'm crazy, which you have figured out by now is definitely the case.:p

Toga Dawg is all dressed and ready to go on the Spirit on Friday for his annual Thanksgiving cruise.

Oh, and did I mention he sings, HOT HOT HOT!

Stopped reading on page 5 .... the more I read the more I am convinced I WILL be taking a stuffed something on my March cruise. BUT here's what I'm going to do ... I am going to find one from my City, with the City name on it. I am going to take photos on the ship and in port with Mr. Town Bear and then I'm going to leave it for my room steward as a

souvenier from my family! :D

Take THAT!

On one of our cruisers we brought our alligator "Molly," full sister to Ollie and Wally, who were left at home.

Now, apparently, Molly is a little bit of a flirt, shaking her tail etc., because whenever we came back to our cabin we had one piece of candy on each of our pillows, but in front of Molly there were like ten pieces. She never told us exactly what went on between her and the steward.:confused: