Splendor vs. Spirit?

iurebekah3rt

Here are 2 links with all the info you could want on both ships~ also remember that the Spirit (88,500 tons) is smaller than the Splendor (133,300 tons)~has no big screen on the lido deck~

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/spirit/left.htm

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/splendor/left.htm

We have sailed both, and we did sail the 8 day on Spirit. Ok--we are both seniors, but we're not dead. :D

We preferred Spirit because she's a smaller ship. Also, the itin was different. (at that time)

Splendor is beautiful, food good, service good, but too big for us. Also, there are some traffic snags on Splendor. Embarkation for Splendor can be a zoo with so many passengers.

Personally, I don't care about the outdoor movies. There is enough noise for me without it. ;)

I would go for the itin. you want, then you will know what ship to choose.

Pat

Wouldn't hesitate to take a cruise on either ship.

We like the Spirit because she is smaller and the price for our 9 day Thanksgiving cruise was less than the 7day Splendor Thanksgiving cruise.

Parking in for the Splendor in Long Beach is $15 and parking in San Diego can be almost half that. If you are flying, is it cheaper to fly to San Diego or LA. $10 taxi ride in San Diego. Much more in LA.

This will be the last year for the Spirit in the States. She is repositioning to Australia later in 2012.

Ive been on two spirit class ships (Pride and Legend) but never on the spirit (same class). I've also been on the splendor this past may. If given a choice I would absolutely take a spirit class ship. It's smaller and has less passengers but still has that big ship feel. The lido never seems crowded and yes, there are not as many ammenities but I think the over all less crowded feel and easy flow of the spirit class ships far outweighs its shortcomings.

Archived