Beware of Luggage Express Program

Crystalbast

Thank you for posting the Beware of Luggage Express types of services.

I used one a long time ago and it worked out okay.

BUT.... when you have an airline luggage problem be sure to keep all of your evidence with you and that means all of your tags and papers that the airline may want to take from you to throw away. I once had a problem where I told the airline not to throw away the old luggage tag and give it to me when they replaced it with a new one. I found out later that by saving the old luggage tag IT WAS MY PROOF of how the mistake was made. I got a refund from paying extra luggage money.

It took weeks to get my money back since nobody wanted to take responsibilty. Some airline workers are clueless on what needs to be done so we have to take care of business ourselves.

I think it is good at times to vent here about a problem even if some people find it boring to read and prefer to be mean instead of helpful

with ideas. I do ignore mean comments made to me.

Mistakes are bound to happen as we travel so it is good to be aware of some problems that can happen.

I think the OP wanted to warn us that because several companies were involved in this program - the cruiseline, the airline, the transport company, and the luggage express - they can all attempt to avoid responsibility and point fingers blaming the other companies involved.

Lost luggage happens more often than the airlines like to admit, and when you add extra handling, the loss factor accelerates. "Not our fault" is not good customer service policy, although it is frequently cited.

Archived