Looking for Booze and Wine info

OK BOOK IT

I brought two large bottles of white wine on board the QE2 in NYC and was pleasantly surprised to find a bottle always in the ice bucket and ready to go for the first few days of the trip.

You Can Bring Booze On Board At New York. No Problem. If You Buy It In The On Board Shops It Will Not Be Delivered To You Until Your Last Evening On Board. If You Bring Booze Back There Are Limits I,e. 5 Liters?? Tax Free Depending Where You Bought It I.e Tax Free Status Or Not . Check Us Customs Regulations On The Form In Your Cabin Bon Voyage

• 4 weeks later...

We took our own wine on April 16 crossing.

You can drink it in your room -- with ice delivered free -- Most/all restaurants will allow you to take in in -- but charge USD 13-15 corkage - still a major saving for more expensive wines.

Haupapa

Well, according to the British package contract the rule is pretty clear:

1.7 "... Guests are reminded that alcoholic beverage or liquor may not be brought on board for consumption while on board."

And Article 7.3 of Terms and Conditions states:

"The Guest may not drink any alcoholic drink aboard any vessel or other relevant means of transport during the Package unless the employees or agents of Cunard have served that drink to the Guest."

We took our own wine on April 16 crossing.

You can drink it in your room -- with ice delivered free -- Most/all restaurants will allow you to take in in -- but charge USD 13-15 corkage - still a major saving for more expensive wines.

Haupapa

if the wine you bring to the dining room is the same as the brands on the ship there is no corkage fee because the dining room assumes that you wine was a gift sent to your room. a gratuity always helps in avoiding a corkage fee. I ask my room steward to bring the wine to the dining room for me!!!works for me !!!

Archived