Can you ask the purser desk to use old tip rate?

angel61

I get it. You have said you cruise on Carnival not RCL because of the price, and now you mention you have two cabins. .. but yet claim its not about the money.

I actually meant it kindly .. that people are remembering those names who are posting leading this revolt against auto tips. I like you and think you dont want this brand for years to come .. but maybe you do? I didnt even know people knew big duck and H8 who hardly post .. but yep they are now branded as leaders of this revolt. I was just trying to get you to see how you sound to others who are reading CC and not always posting their thoughts.

Most of us DO NOT CARE HOW THE TIPS ARE DISTRIBUTED. .. so there is no reason to address your issues .. they are not issues to me. Find some other way to cut back expenses than removing any of the tip is how I feel. You can cut back if you feel it is right .. but all these posts telling others to remove their tips is putting a brand on you that people will remember in the future. Im just asking you .. is this really how you want to be known?

Is this a secret society who remembers the names? Do you hold meetings and discuss this at length? Is there an actual list? And is it guarded with a guy with a briefcase and handcuffs?

When I am drinking my corona on board next week, feel free to discuss me Firefly :)

Its very odd to me that I see the same people leading the "remove tips" brigade, but I don't see these same people professing, but be sure to still tip the full amount in cash.

Just as its your decision to remove tips .. its others decision how to view your actions and words. I was sitting in the VIP area waiting to board Triumph and names were mentioned, not by me, of people leading this charge to remove tips as being trouble makers and anti Carnival. Maybe they are thinking they have a legit reason .. but others see it as a excuse. We all make our own decisions and how we view others .. by what they say. If this is a label (anti auto tipping) you want to wear, so be it.

Everyone judges .. and those posting the most about removing tips are being judged and will be remembered long after this dies down .. make no mistake.

Yes, as you point out .. everyone can remove tips. Just like its the silent majority's right to make judgements on those posting to do so. Obviously Im not silent .. but many are on here, that had something to say out loud in person on my last cruise. You can protest all you want, that its not cheap, or its your right to remove tips .. just as its others right to judge your words. Neither is in the wrong.

all you need do is show us one post where someone said they are just removing all the tips and not reassigning them to their help due to this change.

just one please.

Is this a secret society who remembers the names? Do you hold meetings and discuss this at length? Is there an actual list? And is it guarded with a guy with a briefcase and handcuffs?

When I am drinking my corona on board next week, feel free to discuss me Firefly :)

some people scare me. mostly those that only seem to eat drink and breathe cruising.

Most of us DO NOT CARE HOW THE TIPS ARE DISTRIBUTED. .. so there is no reason to address your issues .. they are not issues to me. Find some other way to cut back expenses than removing any of the tip is how I feel. You can cut back if you feel it is right .. but all these posts telling others to remove their tips is putting a brand on you that people will remember in the future. Im just asking you .. is this really how you want to be known?

did you do a survey or something. most?

It sounds like there is , and if you do not co-operate and name names you will be blacklisted from cruising . :)

Have a great cruise and enjoy a Corona for me . :)

Nope, no survey .. someone else brought up both H8s name and big ducks as leading the revolt. As I said I was surprised they heard of them.

.. which these folks know. Men dont care.. I was just asking deborah if she really wanted to have her name bandied about as a trouble maker on CC.

Nope, no survey .. someone else brought up both H8s name and big ducks as leading the revolt. As I said I was surprised they heard of them.

.. which these folks know. Men dont care.. I was just asking deborah if she really wanted to have her name bandied about as a trouble maker on CC.

trouble maker? for having an opinion different than yours? :eek:

Its very odd to me that I see the same people leading the "remove tips" brigade, but I don't see these same people professing, but be sure to still tip the full amount in cash.

Just as its your decision to remove tips .. its others decision how to view your actions and words. I was sitting in the VIP area waiting to board Triumph and names were mentioned, not by me, of people leading this charge to remove tips as being trouble makers and anti Carnival. Maybe they are thinking they have a legit reason .. but others see it as a excuse. We all make our own decisions and how we view others .. by what they say. If this is a label (anti auto tipping) you want to wear, so be it.

Everyone judges .. and those posting the most about removing tips are being judged and will be remembered long after this dies down .. make no mistake.

Yes, as you point out .. everyone can remove tips. Just like its the silent majority's right to make judgements on those posting to do so. Obviously Im not silent .. but many are on here, that had something to say out loud in person on my last cruise. You can protest all you want, that its not cheap, or its your right to remove tips .. just as its others right to judge your words. Neither is in the wrong.

Let judgement be left to one power which is greater than all of us. I would not want to explain myself and why I felt I had to judge others.

Does someone have the exact printout of who is/will be getting what with the new increase? Thanks...

Service Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $11.50 per guest, per day as follows(our recommended guideline effective voyages departing December 1, 2011 and onward):

$ 3.70 - Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.80 - Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 2.00 - Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members.

Actually, my parents have always tipped extra to their Room Steward, their Wait Staff and the Maitre'd (if he helped them or did anything for them) so they do get more (at least from our family)

be careful if you are now in a group and prepay your tips. the tip to the md will be included for your convenience.

I agree, and we should then have the fares reflect an additional amount that is fair wages? I am all for transparancy of total cruise cost, but it is a fine line for the service industry and the help on ships are exactly that!

What is better? A fixed base fare that is higher and additional direct tips to people that provide service above and beyond ( my preference ), or a heavily encouraged base "tip" and lower cruise fare ( the current standard ).

Better yet, just remove all service charges then "tip" as you see fit.

What a novel idea...

Service Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $11.50 per guest, per day as follows(our recommended guideline effective voyages departing December 1, 2011 and onward):

$ 3.70 - Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.80 - Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 2.00 - Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members.

Thank you for posting since it has not been posted anywhere else. LOL I know many have read this several times but it helps to refresh the mind once in a while. LOL

Dining Room staff has gone up .30

Stateroom Services has gone up .20

They deserve more.

I agree, and we should then have the fares reflect an additional amount that is fair wages? I am all for transparancy of total cruise cost, but it is a fine line for the service industry and the help on ships are exactly that!

What is better? A fixed base fare that is higher and additional direct tips to people that provide service above and beyond ( my preference ), or a heavily encouraged base "tip" and lower cruise fare ( the current standard ).

the cruiseline wants to advertise fares as cheap as possible. why increase your fare when they can just take more for additional people at your convenience.

is this the same misinformed group that told you there was an "i hate carnival" facebook page, and you accused me of being a member?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31342534&postcount=146

Really? This is what people are discussing in the VIP lounge? or gossiping?

Whether H8 and others remove tips or not? And people think we are obsessing over little things. It's a shame they couldn't just enjoy the cruise as opposed to worrying how others live their lives.

Judging others is wrong. Live your life in a way that makes sense to you and let others do the same.

And I Don't remember anyone saying that they are removing tips so they don't have to tip. Lots saying they wish to adjust them though and that's a big difference.

Thanks

I get it. You have said you cruise on Carnival not RCL because of the price, and now you mention you have two cabins. .. but yet claim its not about the money.

I actually meant it kindly .. that people are remembering those names who are posting leading this revolt against auto tips. I like you and think you dont want this brand for years to come .. but maybe you do? I didnt even know people knew big duck and H8 who hardly post .. but yep they are now branded as leaders of this revolt. I was just trying to get you to see how you sound to others who are reading CC and not always posting their thoughts. So what you are saying is we should go along with the Carnival cheerleaders, like yourself, because we do not want to be remembered for speaking our minds?

I think alot of people think/remember you also as the "undercover" TA that does not admit who they are, and sticks her nose in EVERYONES business, and always seams to be on the OTHERSIDE of the conversation.

I like to do that at times also, but that is because I like a good debate.

Yes I think I do want to be remembered for standing up for what I feel is right! and not just following along like a SHEEP!

By the way, if the crew deserve this increase, did you pay them an extra $1.50 per day when you were on the Triumph last week? No not just what you tip extra, but an additional $1.50 on top of what you tip extra. Afterall if they deserve it next month don't they deserve it this month also?

I pay the auto-tip just because of all the attacks on CruiseCritic. I would prefer the old way of handing cash over for their wonderful service.

However, after that being said....I don't feel bad about their income. They do get a low salary with the addition of the tips and they do add up. For example, the dining room staff gets $5.80 per person per day. For a 7 day cruise: $5.80 x 7 = $40.60. Multiply that by 30 people (approximately how many people they serve in the dining room: $40.60 x 30 = $1218.00 times two (early seating and late) $1218.00 x 2 = $2436.00 a week. Four weeks a month $2436.00 x 4 = $9744.00 a month. 12 months a year $9744.00 x 12 = $116928.00. Yes I know it's split, but that's a nice chunk of change. In addition, they get 15% from the bars during the day.

Now don't yell at me.....I pay the auto-tip and then some to people who go above and beyond.....I'm just saying, they do work hard, but I don't think they're pay is that bad considering they have less living expenses too. (Yes I know, they're away from their families and they send most of their money home to their families.) JMHO

I pay the auto-tip just because of all the attacks on CruiseCritic. I would prefer the old way of handing cash over for their wonderful service.

However, after that being said....I don't feel bad about their income. They do get a low salary with the addition of the tips and they do add up. For example, the dining room staff gets $5.80 per person per day. For a 7 day cruise: $5.80 x 7 = $40.60. Multiply that by 30 people (approximately how many people they serve in the dining room: $40.60 x 30 = $1218.00 times two (early seating and late) $1218.00 x 2 = $2436.00 a week. Four weeks a month $2436.00 x 4 = $9744.00 a month. 12 months a year $9744.00 x 12 = $116928.00. Yes I know it's split, but that's a nice chunk of change. In addition, they get 15% from the bars during the day.

Now don't yell at me.....I pay the auto-tip and then some to people who go above and beyond.....I'm just saying, they do work hard, but I don't think they're pay is that bad considering they have less living expenses too. (Yes I know, they're away from their families and they send most of their money home to their families.) JMHO

now, you know this is cruise critic, and you will have to prove your work..... :D

So FireFly, how does it feel to be branded as a trouble maker? and Who Cares? If I am branded a Trouble maker do I have to pay more to be on Cruise Critic? Or do I have to pay more for my cruise? My Drinks?

You being the expert on "Branded as a trouble Maker" seam to know an awful lot about it, and you should.

Have a nice day, and stay off the "list"

So FireFly, how does it feel to be branded as a trouble maker? and Who Cares? If I am branded a Trouble maker do I have to pay more to be on Cruise Critic? Or do I have to pay more for my cruise? My Drinks?

You being the expert on "Branded as a trouble Maker" seam to know an awful lot about it, and you should.

Have a nice day, and stay off the "list"

Funny how a previously banned member creates thread after thread after poll on the subject yet avoids the trouble maker tag.

Archived