Freedom 6 or 8 night

jsarratt

We just did the Freedom 8 day and loved the ports (Tortola, St Thomas and Antigua...Nassau, we've been there done that). Not sure what itin's you're looking at because I think they are changing next year. And 8 days is always better than 6 in my book!;)

April will be our first cruise on the Freedom (Nassau, La Romana, Curacao, & Aruba) and we're looking forward to it from all the reviews. We did an 8-night on the Liberty and liked that, all others have been 7-nighters and anything less would be too short for us.

This southern itinerary has primarily beaches as the theme and it would not be my first choice but we haven't been to La Romana and Curacao so that's good. But choose the itinerary, as that's also important depending on what you like to do.

It all depends on if it's your first time cruise, if it is i would do 6, it's plenty of time. If you have cruised before and love it, I would do 8! I've never done 8 though, it seems like a really long time for me personally. But we went on the Freedom last year and really enjoyed it, it's a nice ship and we like Carnival because of their food and staff. Whichever you decide, have fun, i hope you enjoy! If you need any help with ports/transportation etc let me know and i will tell you what i know:)

I would choose an 8 day cruise over a 6 day one anytime, regardless of ports or call. I love both eastern and western itineraries, and probably prefer eastern by a slight edge, but as I say regardless of ports of call, and whether Ive been to them before or not, I would always choose the longer cruise. I have never done less than 7day cruise, and I know how quickly those come to an end, so 8 day is my recommendation.:)

We did the 6 night Freedom and loved it (see review with tons of photos in signature). We have also taken an 8 night cruise on the Miracle and loved that one as well. If you have the time and money, I'd go for the 8 day cruise. Sometimes we are limited by work and school schedules!

I'm getting ready to do a six day on the Valor and I know It'll be too short for me! I've done eight day and loved it. The reason we're doing six day is that we'll go to Sarasota to see in laws following cruise for cristmas eve, christmas day.Then we'll be forced to go home, kicking and screaming.

There is no difference between the age groups for similar itineraries.

The 6-night goes by very quickly if you're accustomed to the 7-night, 8 is not that different from the 7. But we enjoy the extra day with the 8-night because it's usually a sea day that you miss on the 7-night.

Archived