Hey Naked Balcony Guy!

MARRIEDATSEA

I'm very confused as to how someone in the next balcony room gets the reflection of someone in the next room on their glass. Was this man inside his cabin or on his balcony? Where were you able to see his reflection? Very confused and just want to make sure that I don't make the same mistakes. LOL

See the pictures I had posted on Page 1. You can see the reflection best in the top picture.

LOL

You can see the reflections best in this picture taken on Serenity Deck.

Basically it is the same on the balconies. You can see the reflections during the day and at night if the drapes are open with light on in cabin.

301660_10150366461750941_505975940_10315085_2030670_n.jpg

Look at chair on right near the rail you can see the deck of balcony next door.

316925_10150366494015941_505975940_10315442_7203718_n.jpg

I always keep my curtains closed.... Why? I like to be on my balcony when pulling into port. Usually we are along side some other ship. Every port I look across to the other ship to check it out and yep.. someone is getting dressed/undressed in thier cabin with the curtains wide open. :rolleyes:

Just off the Miracle this morning.

Isn't it common sense that you can see your balcony neighbors in the reflection of the glass? We spend 90% of our time on our balcony (me especially )..

Doesn't this guy know that I can see him?

It was not a fun show. Gag. What is wrong with people? Carnival needs to add privacy inserts to the glass portion.

And don't even get me started on the balcony door slammers. Ugh.

Great trip otherwise!

We just got off the Valor and did not get to enjoy our balony as much as we usually do because we had a large group (with partition removed between 2 rooms) of elderly ladies playing Scrabble and shouting out words ...then bickering over them at all hours of the day and into the evening... It was charming and endearing the first couple of days but then just became annoying that we had to listen to them..

OMG, I cruised beside this guy too.

Our last cruise was the Mexican Riviera port side balcony. We got the morning sun and lots of reflection. I was sitting reading my book and every time I looked up at the scenery, I was staring eye level at the crotch of the man next door. He was sitting in his chair, legs spread out. I too was pretty shocked- and there was no missing it. It filled the view, so it was difficult to look through that reflection. Tried not to look... but it wasn't going to scare me away from my hard-earned balcony chair.

But it is that kinda creepy thing where you just gotta look - you know like a car accident.;)

I'll have to remember to bring clothes pins to pin a towel to the glass so no one sees me.. and I dont see them,,,. ;):rolleyes: lol

I bet if it was a good looking female no one would be complaining, including me!

Glad I didn't have to read all the posts before someone else said exactly what I was thinking. Have never seen another dude in the balcony reflection (thankfully) but have had the above-type opportunity to enjoy the view a few times!

I have to kind of giggle at all the posts about this being "his private balcony", "his private space", etc... Obviously, balconies on ships are NOT private or we wouldn't have this thread. Not even a little. You can essentially be seen from every single direction, especially if you're in port. And no, I don't think it's your "right" to run around with your penis, boobs, or vagina hanging out.

We're not prudes, as we run around "nekkid" in our own home quite often...with no intent to even fool around. However, your balcony is not private and no, someone else shouldn't have to be subjected to your pecker hanging out, nor have to hang up a towel, nor have to turn their chair away from the ocean, nor anything else in their efforts to not have your business hanging in their business. It's not about nudity being "right" or "wrong". Nudity has it's place...some of those are even public beaches that post it clearly. I have NO problem with those as we've even visited a few of them ourselves.

And if you're INSIDE your cabin and someone happens to see it, that's one thing. But, to stand outside multiple times with your junk hanging out is just intentionally trying to be seen...with your junk hanging out. Completely low class and pathetic.

Just my opinion, and yep, I'm entitled to it. :D

I'm very confused as to how someone in the next balcony room gets the reflection of someone in the next room on their glass. Was this man inside his cabin or on his balcony? ...

The balcony railing is glass with a mirror-like film on it. There is a gap between the railing and the divider that divides your balcony from your neighbor's. Depending on your angle, if you sit on your balcony with your back to your cabin and look directly at the mirrored glass railing where the divider would be if it butted right up to the railing, it is like looking at a mirror that reflects back the balcony of your neighbor.

The balcony railing is glass with a mirror-like film on it. There is a gap between the railing and the divider that divides your balcony from your neighbor's. Depending on your angle, if you sit on your balcony with your back to your cabin and look directly at the mirrored glass railing where the divider would be if it butted right up to the railing, it is like looking at a mirror that reflects back the balcony of your neighbor.

Yep. It's actually kind of hard to sit anywhere on the balcony without seeing SOME of the people's balcony beside you. The reasoning behind my first post kind of goes along with this because I don't know about you guys, but OF COURSE I'm going to sit with my back to my cabin...it's the only way to really see the ocean, and that's the whole reason I get a balcony. lol

I have to kind of giggle at all the posts about this being "his private balcony", "his private space", etc... Obviously, balconies on ships are NOT private or we wouldn't have this thread. Not even a little. You can essentially be seen from every single direction, especially if you're in port. And no, I don't think it's your "right" to run around with your penis, boobs, or vagina hanging out.

We're not prudes, as we run around "nekkid" in our own home quite often...with no intent to even fool around. However, your balcony is not private and no, someone else shouldn't have to be subjected to your pecker hanging out, nor have to hang up a towel, nor have to turn their chair away from the ocean, nor anything else in their efforts to not have your business hanging in their business. It's not about nudity being "right" or "wrong". Nudity has it's place...some of those are even public beaches that post it clearly. I have NO problem with those as we've even visited a few of them ourselves.

And if you're INSIDE your cabin and someone happens to see it, that's one thing. But, to stand outside multiple times with your junk hanging out is just intentionally trying to be seen...with your junk hanging out. Completely low class and pathetic.

Just my opinion, and yep, I'm entitled to it. :D

I totally agree with your opinion! I couldn't (no really, couldn't) have said it better myself:D

Heh, this thread reminds me of an incident that happened when I cruised with a friend of mine on an NCL ship. We got an obstructed ocean view, basically our window was between 2 lifeboats. We're at port one day, and our window was facing out into the ocean. Didn't bother closing the curtains, cause who's gonna see? Well, my friend was at the gym or on the Lido somewhere, and I'm coming out of the shower, walk into the room in my birthday suit, cause all I see is ocean. Little did I know they use the port days to clean the lifeboats. The poor guy cleaning those boats moved so fast, I was afraid he would fall off. So you're never safe.

Heh, this thread reminds me of an incident that happened when I cruised with a friend of mine on an NCL ship. We got an obstructed ocean view, basically our window was between 2 lifeboats. We're at port one day, and our window was facing out into the ocean. Didn't bother closing the curtains, cause who's gonna see? Well, my friend was at the gym or on the Lido somewhere, and I'm coming out of the shower, walk into the room in my birthday suit, cause all I see is ocean. Little did I know they use the port days to clean the lifeboats. The poor guy cleaning those boats moved so fast, I was afraid he would fall off. So you're never safe.

Awesome! I almost pee'd myself! thank you!

I remember reading on here a few years back where a man had an aft balcony. He admitted enjoying waking in the morning and going out onto his balcony, sans shorts/jammies. One morning, after his ship had already docked, he threw open the drapes (not a Carnival ship) with the sliding doors already having been open during the night.

To his surprise was another ship pulled right in behind his ship and they were parked aft to aft with loads of people also out on their aft balconies.

Archived