***Live from the Legend Athens-Mumbai***

Seabourntraveller

Many thanks in advance for passing on the message.

Claudia is very sweet and Bromley and Justin (in the main Restaurant) add to the S.A. brigade. We miss them all!

Agreed Justin and Bromley are so sweet and very attentive!

Claudia always remembers my long black coffee as soon as I pull up for breakfast!

Stop posting those menus. You're making me hungry! LOL

Actually, I will be on the Legend in March and April. Unfortunately, I believe Jan will be off by then. She is fabulous---one of the few top CDs still left; a consummate professional. If you get a chance before you get off, can you find out who will be next? Keeping fingers crossed for David E Greene.

Enjoying your posts. Keep them coming.

Will ask Jan who is replacing her but she may be onboard when you get here as she just boarded in Athens sameday as us on December 2nd...will get back to you...sorry I must post menus daily as a prerequisite for blogs!...LOL

Thank you so much for your wonderful live feed!! I am just 4 weeks off of the Legend and still suffering from the post vacation blues. The yogurt parfaits were one of my favorite memories from the cruise. Is Boro still working breakfast at the Cafe? He is always "Fan-tas-teek". I loved his daily greeting. I have a copy of the Surf and Turf menu actually sitting on my desk here and am envious as can be! Enjoy, and thanks for the posts!

i-GSCDTgD-S.jpg

My favorite breakfast! You can't get yogurt like this in San Diego!!

I did not see Boro yet or know if he is onboard or not?....agreed the yogurt parfaits, museli parfaits are wonderful! I also have it daily. Today I decided to mix it up a little and order poached eggs for breakfast.

DAY 3: Rhodes, Greece 8:00am-6:00pm

Good Morning from the Little Castle on the Seas the Legend!

Woke up at 7:30am..late for us and decided to go to the Verandah Cafe. Not many people up and about this for morning for some reason. The ship had docked in Rhodes earlier than scheduled just after 7:15am and the ship was cleared shortly thereafter.

Breakfast outside was wonderful, not to cold and a little overcast this morning. Everyone in the Verandah Cafe is so attentive in the mornings. Eddie the Assistant Maitre'D always moving about the guests and chatting everyone up. I personally need at least 2 long blacks minimum before I can mutter a sentence to anyone!:D

Had some smoked salmon with capers and then some yogurt and decided to have 2 poached eggs on brown toast...all served pipping hot as the Britts would say.

Headed back to the Suite and now we are going ashore here in Rhodes for the afternoon. They are serving a Caribbean Luncheon in the Verandah Cafe until 2:00pm and the Restaurant is open as well from 12:30pm to 1:30pm. We will most likely have lunch later this afternoon as we/I are stuffed from breakfast. I think we all overdo it a little the first couple of days onboard.;)

Tonight we sail at 6:00pm for the Suez Canal as we will past by Port said but as I said earlier we are not stopping due to the continued unrest in Cairo and Alexandria Egypt. We got an email from our independant tour operator this morning saying he fully understood and they were refunding our money back for the cancelation.

More to follow after we come back from ashore.

Just got back from being ashore in Rhodes. For those of you that are planning on being here at this time of year beware as it is end of season to bgin with and do not plan on being here on a Sunday which is the worse possible day of days to be here even in high season as everything is closed. We have been to Rhodes countless times and usually it's a zoo/madhouse to navigate the coblestone alleys in old town. Today there were only 2 souvenirs shops open and 1 cafe/restaurant....virtually a ghost town!

We ended up walking into New Town, whereby was much the same...deserted and empty. A nice day to take a stroll/walk but I wouldn't expect much more to do here. We are going to have lunch in the Verandah Cafe in a half hours time then most likely head back out to walk off today's lunch and liquids...might even have some more of that "Ardeche" at lunch time. I can see much talk about Seabourn's "fine wines" but have yet to see any being poured. I think the Company should revisit this wine issue in the months to come as there is much talk onboard about the lack of quality of the wines being served. We are by no means "Wine Guru's" but we do enjoy a good bottle now and then with a great meal.

Let's see what Seabourn has in store tonight as a "fine wine" for dinner?

More to come later today from the "floating castle on the seas...the Legend!"

Came back from lunch at the Verandah Cafe and we had fresh seared Tuna Steaks with fresh tomato and basil...was exquisite! Varioous salads and we stuck to the Louis Latour "Ardeche" which seems to be the best bottle onboard of fine wines. Dessert was an apple tart and/or a mocha cheesecake followed by an espresso.

We then headed to the Sky Bar and conversed over some frangelico (multiple ones) with some fellow cruisers.

It's very quiet onboard I have to admit don't know if most people went back ashore or to bed for a nap?...LOL

Weather here this afternoon is quite pleasant 18C or 66F and sunny with some scattered clouds.

Will post tonight's dinner menus later for Restaurant 2 and the Restaurant.

thanks for the info on Restraunt 2. We will be on the pride starting the 20th and hope that we too do not have a full ship. Your description of the food is fabulous--I am gaining weight with each and every post! LOL

Carlodoll...consider it all as "calorie free". I have read on here several people moan and groan about the food quality in Restaurant 2 but our experience thus far has been nothing but great. In fact we plan on going again maybe tomorrow night or the night after as we are at sea for the next 3 days in a row before arriving in Aqaba, Jordan.

Restaurant Dinner Menu

First Course:

Malossol Caviar, potato shallot, remoulade, herb salad

Seared Veal Carpaccio, young spinach, basil vinaigrette, pecorino romano shavings

King Crab Consomme, roasted sweet peppers

Cauliflower Potage with Mushroom Agnolotti, lemon oil, mushroom chips

Arugula Leafs & Crisp Shallots, balsamic dressing

Tossed Tomato & Grilled Bread, cucumber and toasted pine nuts

Main Course:

Pan Sauteed Seabass, White Bean Puree, Braised Artichokes, silvered olives and tomato confit

Lobster a la "Thermidor", sauteed spinach

Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, fondant potatoes in mustard jus, peas and wilted lettuce

Chateaubriand, roasted filet of beef tenderloin, glazed vegetables, potato sticks, sauce bearnaise

Vegetarian-Crisp Polenta with Eggplant & Olive Relish, braised fennel and oven dried tomatoes

Desserts:

Trio of Cheese Cakes, Ricotta, Goat Cheese and NY Style, fruit coulis

Marinated Fruits, with Vanilla Ice Cream

***Restaurant 2 theme is "Cafe Elegant" although they are serving the same as on the Restaurant Menu the Lobster Thermidor and Chateaubriand.***

Tonight's entertainment is "Claudia and Oliver" perform after dinner in The Club at 9:30pm. 9:45pm guitarist Adam Greene plays in the Midnight Sun Lounge abd it's Showtime in the King Olav: Harry the Piano!

I have to say entertainment is pretty much very limited on the "little sisters" but we are not ones for big production shows etc. Last night's main attraction was a magician. Might just stay in tonight and watch a movie from the library.

Tomorrow proves to be a lazy day at sea enroute towards the Suez Canal.

As we are heading away more and more you feel a little bit more movement of the ship but nothing serious really. Our floating Castle handles very well in open seas.

RE: Restaurant Menu

In this case, would order the Lobster Thermidor for an appetizer, the Chateaubriand for main, and the Rack of Lamb for dessert. Although I never order the lamb in the DR because I want to nibble it to the bone and need to do that in private. So, could rush back to my suite and order it via room service.

I often have a small entree as my starter. And one time did have a smaller entree for 'dessert'.

As a hint for room service, I like the grilled shrimp from the Caesar salad option and add it to the pasta entree.

In this case, would order the Lobster Thermidor for an appetizer, the Chateaubriand for main, and the Rack of Lamb for dessert. Although I never order the lamb in the DR because I want to nibble it to the bone and need to do that in private. So, could rush back to my suite and order it via room service.

I often have a small entree as my starter. And one time did have a smaller entree for 'dessert'.

Hadn't thought of that! I'm picking up lots of tips! :D

As a hint for room service, I like the grilled shrimp from the Caesar salad option and add it to the pasta entree.

Great minds think alike!

Ordered the Lobster Thermador as an Entree tonight and had the Chateaubriand as my Main...have to admit that I had the trio of cheesecake after though for dessert!:D

Thanks for the "hot tip" regarding the grilled shrimp and ceasar salad combo!

Great minds think alike!

Ordered the Lobster Thermador as an Entree tonight and had the Chateaubriand as my Main...have to admit that I had the trio of cheesecake after though for dessert!:D

Thanks for the "hot tip" regarding the grilled shrimp and ceasar salad combo!

Wonderful! The Chauteaubriand was one of my favorite meals!! Loved the cheesecake too!

Sounds like a beautiful day in Rhodes.

Tonight's entertainment is "Claudia and Oliver" perform after dinner in The Club at 9:30pm.

We loved listening and dancing to them - twice - on Odyssey last year and in April this year. Ask Oliver to do his Neil Diamond and say their British friends are still waiting to hear when they are coming to visit!

Just checked your postings to see when ship sailed. Thanks for letting us share your xperiences!

Have you bumped into Dr. Fred and Lianne Rosenberg from Thousand Oaks, Ca?

If you do, please tell them Betty & David have them in our thoughts and hope they are well and having a wonderful cruise. We know how much they are looking forward to visiting Petra and we wish you and them Godspeed.

I'm laughing at all those xxxxake mushrooms! Enjoy your cruise. As you go along I certainly would appreciate it if you mention the staff you come across. When you run into Joel in Restaurant 2 tell him that Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt said bonjour.

turtlemichael....ran into Joel this morning in the Verandah Cafe and passed along your message about Mr. Cruise and Mr. Brad Pitt...he laughed and explained to us that you had your sunglasses on!...LOL:D

Day 4: at Sea enroute to Suez Canal

Had a very quiet night onboard last night. Virually no movement of the ship couldn't even tell that we were moving. Went to the Verandah Cafe this morning around 8:30am and Bromley had our Long Blacks within two seconds flat on our table. By now everyone has learned all the guests names and they are calling us all by our last names and know fully our preferences etc. Jan the Cruise Director poped by to chat up everybody outside on the verandah. We spoke to her and conveyed to her that she had a very large "fan club" here on CC. She explained that she just had knee surgery 3 weeks ago and was recoving and just filling in here on the Legend from Athens to Mumbai for one month and then most likely will be going to the Sojorn and/or the Quest. She also said that her husband is not travelling this time with her.

Jan confirmed that we are only 118 guests onboard so the ship is certainly nowhere near full....which makes for even more presonal attention if that could be even possible!

Breakfast was great as usual and had my two poached eggs on dry brown toast with some fresh pineapple and melon and tried the homemade museli this morning which was amazing.

Partly cloudy this morning and 68F and the sun is starting to shine on us so hopefully we might be able to take some sun out on deck later today/this afternoon.

They are planning a BBQ by the Sky Bar for lunch or the Verandah will be open between 12-2:00pm...we might opt for the Sky Grill since we haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet.

We are looking forward to a lazy day at sea today.

More to come from the "Floating Castle" the Legend later today.;)

Just checked your postings to see when ship sailed. Thanks for letting us share your xperiences!

Have you bumped into Dr. Fred and Lianne Rosenberg from Thousand Oaks, Ca?

If you do, please tell them Betty & David have them in our thoughts and hope they are well and having a wonderful cruise. We know how much they are looking forward to visiting Petra and we wish you and them Godspeed.

Will do Betty and David if we run into them at some point...you know for such a small ship we still haven't met everyone yet being only 4 days onboard.

turtlemichael....ran into Joel this morning in the Verandah Cafe and passed along your message about Mr. Cruise and Mr. Brad Pitt...he laughed and explained to us that you had your sunglasses on!...LOL:D

Many thanks for the laugh. Joel is one of the characters on the ship who mixes his own distinctive personality with a strong underlying service philosophy. He is the sort of person who makes for fabulous Seabourn memories. Continue to enjoy your trip. ;)

Many thanks for the laugh. Joel is one of the characters on the ship who mixes his own distinctive personality with a strong underlying service philosophy. He is the sort of person who makes for fabulous Seabourn memories. Continue to enjoy your trip. ;)

Agreed!;)...I have an appreciation for his DRY sense of humour!

Came back from the Verandah Cafe for lunch and had a grilled Swordfish which was exquisite and so tender. Had a little smoked salmon as an appetizer and for desert there was some Tiramisu...heavenly I must say. With only 118 paxs you never would feel crowded on this ship. The service and attention is amazing, the staff so cheerful and helpful all the time. The Sky Grill was open today from 1:30pm-3:00pm not that many patrons I must add...I guess people do not really fancy a burger on this ship, although they did look huge and delicious I must add.

We saw the crew setting up and testing the LRAD system before we go thru "pirate alley" on either side of the ship near deck 4. We could actually hear them testing the system. The ship is currently travelling at 15 knots per hour and the Captain predicts that we will be at our position at 1:00am tonight near the Suez Canal but we will be waiting for our convoy tomorrow morning at 7:00am to begin our journey down the Suez which should take approx. 12 hours thereabout.

The ship is moving much more than before but nothing serious.

More to come later today on our "Floating Castle" the Legend!

Archived