***Live from the Legend Athens-Mumbai***

Seabourntraveller

Further Update Arrival in Zurich Airport:

Good morning from Zurich Airport....almost hom but not quite...we arrived here this morning ontime and now have a 6 hour wait in the Swiss First Class Lounge where I am going to be taking a shower first thing above all and then after have some breakfast here. Its -5 C here ....can you say bbbbrrrrrrrr. We finlly arrive later this afternoon after this 26 hours + of flying to get home.

Thank you back to all that posted how much they enjoyed this blog.

More to follow later today...or as I would say ...stay tuned.

Pity it is so cold in Zurich or you could have taken the train into the city (10 mins) and had a walk about.

I think you have done a wonderful job. I have been on Seabourn, Regent, Crystal and Oceania plus many other "lower level" ships. Seabourn is my favorite and anything can go wrong on any ship. Life is not perfect and as a cancer survivor I don't complain about cruises!!! Keep on cruising and writing these wonderful journals!!!

SassyW

It's Dr. Janey and mama Phyllis here, new to posting on cruise critic- just read through all these posts!!!

Wow, mom and I were on deck 6 and missed all the action!!

We didn't come across ANY disruptive passengers, and missed the naked man as well!!

Mom and I both agree that we have to respond to the comment about "the kids running around the ship". We observed these children at their best behavior throughout the cruise. They sat patiently through dinner in the dining room and were fine by the pool as well, Numerous passengers made comments about how cute and well behaved they were. We were truly shocked to see these comments about the children. These were the only 4 children on the ship, so ???

Miss Martha, Dan and Kit- lets have bloody marys ASAP - keep me posted on your cruising plans!!!

Howdy Janey!

Why not start your own log......"Dr Janey's Legendary Log?"

I know it WILL be interesting as we've sailed together! 'Remember your Mother's birthday party aboard the Pride Castle? 'Lulu won't forget the 3 of us having so much fun and frolicing.....:eek:

I don't drink Bloody Mary's ~~but I will have my Pimms Cup 2 ~with ginger ale! Thanks!

Sending big hugs from sunny, hot (82 deg.) West Texas!

The Scalawag

Ok, finally home and made it thru the front door about 3 hours ago. so much mail and crap to go thru as well. I can't wait to report on the Quest in less than 3 months time....stay tuned!;)

Hope you've waded through all your unwanted mail and sorted out the unpacking and had you beauty sleep by now! :D

Roll on your news from the Quest - I for one will be looking out for it! ;):D

Pleae forgive an ignorant Brit, but is Dr. Janet a celeb in the US of A.? Everybody seems to know her.

You don't know Dr. Janey :eek::eek:

We had the pleasure of meeting her and her mother in the Caribbean. Same cruise we met Host Dan on. That was where we were officially inducted into the 'fun crowd'.

It's Dr. Janey and mama Phyllis here, new to posting on cruise critic- just read through all these posts!!!

Wow, mom and I were on deck 6 and missed all the action!!

We didn't come across ANY disruptive passengers, and missed the naked man as well!!

Mom and I both agree that we have to respond to the comment about "the kids running around the ship". We observed these children at their best behavior throughout the cruise. They sat patiently through dinner in the dining room and were fine by the pool as well, Numerous passengers made comments about how cute and well behaved they were. We were truly shocked to see these comments about the children. These were the only 4 children on the ship, so ???

Miss Martha, Dan and Kit- lets have bloody marys ASAP - keep me posted on your cruising plans!!!

There were actually 7 children in total on the ship from Jan 3rd to Jan 15th and four from that speciifc darling Mexican Family and the reason you probably didn't see them running around is because as I stated in earlier posts they were on Deck 5. Also naked "grandpa" and the "unrully" kids actually the grandchildren disembarked on Jan 3rd in Mumabi when you got onboard and most of the other "disruptive passengers" were on the previous Dec 20th to Jan 3rd cruise....sorry you missed all the excitement!

Also, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet the "infamous" Dr. Janey even though I was on the Legend for all that time.

Seabourntraveler

Happy to hear you are safely home ~I love sailing the seas, but "home is the most perfect place ~" especially to rest and relax.

Janey and her Mother are lovely ladies ~ full of life! And they do enjoy it to the fullest. I certainly commend and praise Mrs. Phyllis as she keeps up 'with the very best of Sailors ~when I sailed with them for 2 weeks, at times, they would literally wear me out :eek:

Janey has more energy than any Gal I know......both lots of fun ~ they keep a ship "alive!"

I'll miss reading your wonderful Legend log ~but will look forward to your next cruise and writings!

Martita B.

Seabourntraveller- Congratulations on having the record of the most views ever on the CC Seabourn board! (Not just blogs, but ALL topics!) Thanks again for all your hard work and time spent. Welcome home!

Host Dan

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I could have written as nice a blog as SeabournTraveller did as I boarded the ship just as he left. But nothing at all went amiss so it would have made for boring reading. It was truly the best service and crew I have ever experienced (and it's hard to out-do previous Seabourn sailings!). I did make a little movie on the Indonesian isles. For those considering sailing with Seabourn on this itinerary, I highly recommend it:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update on the Legend. We have sailed the last couple of years on the big sisters. Looking forward to the "little sister" again. We'll be on board at Monte Carlo and sailing to Ft Lauderdale this November

Archived