Countryside Experience

Harveycm

• 4 weeks later...
I am so sorry that I did not write back sooner. The country side experience was wonderful. The tour guides were great and you really got to see La Romana! Enjoy!

Great! I'm looking forward to my cruise in 2 weeks! Can't wait to experience it myself.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. I am doing the Southern Caribbean on the Freedom in March, and this is one of the excursions that I picked. Not too much else. Sounds like it might be the one!!

Just got back last week and we really loved this excursion. Brian and I thought it gave us a feel for life in the Dominican Republic.

We went to a sugar plantation, tasted some sugar cane and rum. Then stopped at a "house" (for tourists) where they showed us coffee from beans to a very strong cup of coffee. We watched a man roll cigars and he gave one to Brian to smoke! He loved it and ended up buying a box.

Then we stopped at a plant nursery and strolled through tables of orchids and bromeliads. Drove through La Romana and stopped at a gift shop to buy souvenirs, coffee, rum, etc.

The only drawback was that the roads were VERY bumpy in the open air truck and that the first restroom stop was at least an hour (probably more) into the tour. Make sure you visit the facilities before you leave the ship for the tour! Or don't have 3 cups of coffee with breakfast like Brian did! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived