Thanksgiving on Liberty 2.0 Review

Lacaena

I am currently booked on the Freedom for Thankgiving 2012 but thinking of switching it to the Liberty since the ports on the Freedom don't seem to have much to do. Did you find the ship filled with families due to the holiday? I'll have my 17 yr old triplets and want to make sure they have a great time since they will be celebrating their 18th birthday on board. Also, I'm loving the 2.0 upgrades and need to get me a Big Guy Burger..:)

Keep up the review & pics. Will definately help me with my decision on changing.

I am currently booked on the Freedom for Thankgiving 2012 but thinking of switching it to the Liberty since the ports on the Freedom don't seem to have much to do. Did you find the ship filled with families due to the holiday? I'll have my 17 yr old triplets and want to make sure they have a great time since they will be celebrating their 18th birthday on board. Also, I'm loving the 2.0 upgrades and need to get me a Big Guy Burger..:)

Keep up the review & pics. Will definately help me with my decision on changing.

17 year old triplets...wow...do you know Dr. Drew on tv...he has triplets a couple of years older..Oh my,,,,what a gift and what a deal...Sarah

loving your review as well. we have been on the Liberty twice and love her! but it was before her upgrade.

but i love the conquest class, and the liberty and miami and all of it. it's so easy! it's my fave!

i'm reliving part of my cruise with you...new spots on the ship and new ports.

thanks again! can't wait to read/see more.

girlscruise2011,

We were on the Liberty over Thanksgiving and there were 900 kids under 18 on the ship. With that said, it never seemed overwhelming and the kids were well behaved. I had my 3 boys ages 17, 15 adn 13 and my sister has her twins, 17 and her triplets, 15 with her! Your kids will have a blast! Ours did. We were on the Freedom 4 years ago over Thanksgiving also and loved that as well.

Good luck!

girlscruise2011,

We were on the Liberty over Thanksgiving and there were 900 kids under 18 on the ship. With that said, it never seemed overwhelming and the kids were well behaved. I had my 3 boys ages 17, 15 adn 13 and my sister has her twins, 17 and her triplets, 15 with her! Your kids will have a blast! Ours did. We were on the Freedom 4 years ago over Thanksgiving also and loved that as well.

Good luck!

Wow! I thought I had a bunch :)

Looks like a great itinerary and I'm 95% sure I'll be switching today. How did the kids like the ports? Do you mind telling me what you did for excursions that the kids enjoyed? I want to make sure its a birthday cruise they'll remember. They will be off to college soon so I'm not sure how many more cruises will be in our future with the cost of 3 college tuitions :)

I hear ya about college. We all have one more year but that is why we did a big family vacation this year.We only did two excursions, you can only afford so much.

We did Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. It was great. The kids had fun. We let them do jet skis and the banana boat ride. In Grand Cayman we did stingray city with stingraysailing.com. This is a must. The kids absolutely loved this and so did the adults. I would say this was the best part of the trip. I didn't get off in Belize but a bunch in the group did and just walked around the port. In Roatan we went to the beach right there at Mahogany Bay. I thought this area was so pretty. We loved the beach and we let the 17 year olds have a real drink which were quite strong for them so one was it!

My son's birthday was on the cruise. You can bring decorations to decorate their door and I ordered a cake to be served at dinner and the whole dining room in our area sang to him!

Whatever you decide to do, they will have a blast.

I hear ya about college. We all have one more year but that is why we did a big family vacation this year.We only did two excursions, you can only afford so much.

We did Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. It was great. The kids had fun. We let them do jet skis and the banana boat ride. In Grand Cayman we did stingray city with stingraysailing.com. This is a must. The kids absolutely loved this and so did the adults. I would say this was the best part of the trip. I didn't get off in Belize but a bunch in the group did and just walked around the port. In Roatan we went to the beach right there at Mahogany Bay. I thought this area was so pretty. We loved the beach and we let the 17 year olds have a real drink which were quite strong for them so one was it!

My son's birthday was on the cruise. You can bring decorations to decorate their door and I ordered a cake to be served at dinner and the whole dining room in our area sang to him!

Whatever you decide to do, they will have a blast.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll definately check into them and have to decorate the room for their birthday. Turning 18, I'm sure they'll want a drink too. Hopefully they won't like it so much :)

Archived