Shops Open until?????

Maureen4

We are on Crown in January.. there is thread about shops somewhere on here... apparently they close at 6 or so.. which I find very surprising:eek:... usually when big ships are docked (esp. so close to town as here) the shops don't close till the ship leaves!

We have tour from 1:30-5 and then are planning dinner in town. and maybe a little shopping depending on whether they 'really' close at 6?

The majority of the stores do close at 6. Even when there are cruise ships in port.

You will find a couple of stores staying open until 7 as well as the shops at the Riffort Village, close to the pier.

Unfortunately two flagship stores just closed their doors permanently for business (Gandelman jewelers - for your Rolexes and New Amsterdam store - for your table cloth/linnen, jewelry and typical Delft ceramic).

But there are enough other stores to get whatever your heart desires and your wallet can afford ;).

<snip>

Unfortunately two flagship stores just closed their doors permanently for business (Gandelman jewelers - for your Rolexes and New Amsterdam store - for your table cloth/linnen, jewelry and typical Delft ceramic).

But there are enough other stores to get whatever your heart desires and your wallet can afford ;).

Are you serious?

Gandleman's Jewelers closed? We've shopped there for years. I am truly so upset to read this. We were just in the Curacao store in March and the Aruba stores as well.

They are the only place I know that sell Alviero Martini handbags/wallets/umbrellas etc

I know of no stores in the U.S. that sell it.

They gave no indication they were closing when we shopped with them.

Are you serious?

Gandleman's Jewelers closed? We've shopped there for years. I am truly so upset to read this. We were just in the Curacao store in March and the Aruba stores as well.

They are the only place I know that sell Alviero Martini handbags/wallets/umbrellas etc

I know of no stores in the U.S. that sell it.

They gave no indication they were closing when we shopped with them.

About 3 weeks ago they shipped all inventory to Aruba. The Aruba store remains open and all customers needing repair work can now send their items to Aruba.

I know, I love Alviero Martini myself - I believe they have a store in NY.

This was a big blow to our main street as Gandelman has been open for 80 years....

I see there are some products now available on line. I know for sure they were not until fairly recently. I tried desperately to shop for Alviero Martini on line in March 2008 in Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Neimans, Nordstrom's etc... No one was carrying it.

I have now found several on line sites but am still very sad about Gandleman's. It's sad for Curacao. The folks who worked there were always so helpful and pleasant.

Thanks for the information, Isa.

• 4 weeks later...
We will be docked til 9 p.m. Guess that rules out a late shopping trip.

If you dock at Rif Fort it's fast and easy to leave the ship and you'll find some of those stores open. Probably not so the ships across the floating bridge.

Archived