Guarantee question

colkeena

We did a deluxe gty stateroom for our recent cruise on Liberty. The day we received our stateroom assignment we tried to change location but were unable to move because all staterooms in the JS category were full. With a gty its not always possible to move.We ended up having no problems with the original location and had a great cruise!

By choosing to book a gty cabin you need to be prepared to accept the cabin and location selected by the cruiseline. There is no gaurantee that you can change it once assigned and technically the cruiseline is not required to change it once assigned as its honor what you purchased.

If one is concerned as to location than perhaps qty's are not for you.

With RC, no, I could not get changed and I phoned the day they assigned the room. They said they had NO ROOMS left but when I went to book the same cruise at the same price on the same deal, they had plenty of rooms left. (I did the *67 and used my daughers name and info). My neighbor called like she was booking and they told her they had over a dozen on the same floor I was on and some on the next deck up for the same price for the same deal but they kept telling me they didn't have ANY rooms and just COULD NOT move me. They assigned the rooms 3 months before we are to sail maybe longer and they still have rooms.

How far out are you from your sail date? If the final payment date is not up yet, keep checking to see what has opened up in your assigned category, as there is a chance that some cabins will end up being released.

After assignment, I changed my gty location twice to get something closer to what I wanted, but I checked the website very frequently to keep track of availability.

Of course, there is always the potential for no other rooms being left. That's why you need to be ready to accept what's given in the first place. Hope it turns out well!

Teddie

By choosing to book a gty cabin you need to be prepared to accept the cabin and location selected by the cruiseline. There is no gaurantee that you can change it once assigned and technically the cruiseline is not required to change it once assigned as its honor what you purchased.

If one is concerned as to location than perhaps qty's are not for you.

Bingo, that is the risk with a qty.

We have not booked yet but are contemplating Voyageur as we would like to visit New Orleans.Forget which ship had the Schooner bar noise vibrating into our room.So loud we could not read a book.Want to stay away from that but would still like a balcony.I know the inside cabins don't have that concern.

Probably a guarantee would not work here.

Thanks

I always book guarantee. I have always been able to change within the same catagory. I have gotten better rooms twice, aft balcony and on oasis in May i got a handicap room that became available 45 days out. Just booked liberty gaurantee and got a D1, sometimes they work out great.

If there is any chance you will not be happy with a cabin location, do NOT book a GTY. Spend the extra money and choose your cabin. You may not be able to get it changed once assigned.

Having gotten stuck with a GTY once over a nightclub, I will NEVER do that again, no matter how much less money the GTY may be.

Archived