Freedom vs. Oasis ? any suggestions, Oasis more crowded

CCJack

Deciding between Freedom and Oasis - both Western Caribbean. We have been on neither but have been on Voyager class seveal times. I am concerned about crowds on Oasis with 5000 people?? Can we expect more or less crowds/lines as compared to Freedom? Also, I am a bit concerned about the extra 3rd day at sea on Oasis, 2 days at sea is prefereable to us.... That said, it seems like Oasis is a ship you have to see. Any advice, particularly on crowds?

I prefer having that 'extra' sea day... more time to relax and enjoy the ship. After visiting Labadee in December I said the ship could leave FL and dock there for the week and i'd be happy :) well maybe pull out and drive around every other night or so just so you could feel the ocean breeze ;) lol

In regards to the crowds - I experienced the worst over crowding on the Grandeur... for so few people (less than 1/2!) you were always bumping into someone or spending 1/2 your sea day searching for a deck chair.... this was NEVER an issue on either Allure or Oasis... only 'crowds' were the buffet at prime trough feeding time and directly outside the venues when the shows let out

thanks... I have never been on a RCL ship that was not crowded in the buffet.... Seems like that is a problem they have not yet solved...

Thanks for the advice... it sounds as if Oasis not any more crowded than other ships...

thanks... I have never been on a RCL ship that was not crowded in the buffet.... Seems like that is a problem they have not yet solved...

Thanks for the advice... it sounds as if Oasis not any more crowded than other ships...

I've never been on any ship regardless of the cruiseline that didn't have a crowded buffet at feeding time.

Oasis probably feels less crowded most times except for the buffet.

I prefer having that 'extra' sea day... more time to relax and enjoy the ship. After visiting Labadee in December I said the ship could leave FL and dock there for the week and i'd be happy :) well maybe pull out and drive around every other night or so just so you could feel the ocean breeze ;) lol

In regards to the crowds - I experienced the worst over crowding on the Grandeur... for so few people (less than 1/2!) you were always bumping into someone or spending 1/2 your sea day searching for a deck chair.... this was NEVER an issue on either Allure or Oasis... only 'crowds' were the buffet at prime trough feeding time and directly outside the venues when the shows let out

...and on elevators at peak times.

If you are cruising with " two boys" you might want to consider there are 2 flow riders on Oasis class, vs just 1 on Freedom Class and that seems to be where I saw most of the " boys" hanging out most of the week;) Much less waiting!

OTH- if ports are important to you, one of my disappointments on Oasis last week was that the ship is so large, it doesn't dock in the same places as other smaller ships calling on that port. These dock areas where further from the center and often required a taxi or shuttle to get to the main areas. Because of this when we did an excursion, and then wanted to head back to the ship, to change and maybe have lunch, we were unlikely to go back out again. On other cruises, we could go back out and walk around town after returning from an excursion. Just another consideration.

I concur with the others; least crowded ship I've been on! And all The infra structure ( embarking at FLL and ports) is built to handle the crowd, so you rarely wait anywhere!

I never felt crowded on the Oasis or Allure. RCCL has perfected the large ship experience - great embarkation and disembarkation and the only time I ever felt the crowds was as someone above said - after the shows, so we just sat until the theater cleared out.

I would do the Oasis again without hesitation over the Freedom (which I've also sailed on). The entertainment on the Oasis was outstanding.

Agree with the above posts, with the exception on Windjamer and the elevators at times, never felt crowded on the Oasis. Even though more people on the Oasis, everyone seemed to be spread out. Had a great time!!

Dave

Oasis class is bigger then the Freedom class by 50 % but the crowds are spread out well.

Also, we noticed that there were stacks of unused lounge chairs scattered about all the Allure pool areas, try that on a smaller ship on a sunny day at sea.

Allure/ Oasis all the way.

Hi Shooraq!

<---- Mackadoody (although... my wife adopted my handle, and I post as Mack2)

I agree with everyone. We just got off Oasis this past November and I was never really bothered by any crowds whatsoever... Always a place to go, always a place to sit, never too much of a line anywhere... well, except for the $10 junk sale... Lot's of people climbing over each other for $10 junk.

But that wasn't my thing...

Archived