How much more are you willing to pay for ...?

nimiq

This is my question how much more would you be willing to pay for to make cruise lines a bit more All-Inclisive ?

If so would that cover only the soft drinks,Alcohol or alternative dining ?

regards

Eric

I don't drink much (2-3 beers a day) and pretty much NONE when not on a cruise ship, so an all inclusive liquor cruise would not benefit me. I'd only end up paying for the heavy drinkers and drunks.

All inclusive upgraded dining already exists. For those that are not satisfied with the current dining quality or amounts, Carnival has an excellent answer in the way of the specialty restaurant. I've only dined there once and I found the service and food selections to be EXQUISITE and an EXCELLENT value.

Why change anything? These are sources of additional revenue for Carnival and making them part of an all inclusive will just raise the prices on the cabins to cover this revenue loss.:(

Let the land destinations continue to do the ALL INCLUSIVES. Leave my inexpensive cruising alone. :rolleyes:

There are numerous all inclusive cruise lines out there. If you want to see what it would cost to go all inclusive look at their prices. They typically run more per day than carnival cruisers pay for a week.

This is my question how much more would you be willing to pay for to make cruise lines a bit more All-Inclisive ?

If so would that cover only the soft drinks,Alcohol or alternative dining ?

regards

Eric

they already exist. go price one, and see if it's within your price range.

Not really interested in paying extra for all the alcohol I can drink (not big drinkers) or for specialty dining. (not gourmets!:p:)) When we used to visit AI's, they would make out like bandits on my family, as all we really drank were diet cokes. So, if they made this an option, we would opt out!

On Carnival? $0

I think that the AI concept works well on upscale cruise lines when other perks are added, but not on budget cruise lines where the only benefit is unlimited booze.

Carnival has a pricing structure that allows them to charge ridiculously low fares, but which banks heavily on onboard consumption to generate revenue.

If they every came up with an all inclusive package, it would probably need to be priced high enough to make it profitable, that most budget minded cruisers would NOT choose it.

On Carnival? $0

I think that the AI concept works well on upscale cruise lines when other perks are added, but not on budget cruise lines where the only benefit is unlimited booze.

Carnival has a pricing structure that allows them to charge ridiculously low fares, but which banks heavily on onboard consumption to generate revenue.

If they every came up with an all inclusive package, it would probably need to be priced high enough to make it profitable, that most budget minded cruisers would NOT choose it.

exactly.

seeing how the people of carnival treat the "free food", there is no way they could handle the "free" booze.

I don't think it should AI, but I think it would be nice to have an option, since a lot of people don't drink that much...as you can see above...

I would pay $60ish. Only because I think about the days you spend off the ship and at ports. But we all know it would be WAY more than that anyways....so keep dreaming

There are numerous all inclusive cruise lines out there.

If you want to see what it would cost to go all inclusive look at their prices.

They typically run more per day than Carnival cruisers pay for a week.

This simple fact ^ eludes most people. :)

Regent Seven Seas ships offer free ships tours ashore!

They're not free -you prepaid for them, whether you opt for them or not, on the cruise.

Free alcohol too, even free wine with dinner! Way to go. Way to pay!

Only the very best for us Carnival Cruisers! :D -on our shoe-string budget

while we imagine ourselves still cruising at 1960s levels of opulence and low numeric levels of cost to us and the line.

I'm sure Yachts of Seabourn (also a Carnival Corp. product) will cater to your every discerning whim and fancy

but when you pay Carnival Cruises prices, you get reasonable Carnival Cruises value for money.

You didn't want to pay the fuel surcharge when Oil went over $70 a barrel?

-which it has been at now, for how long? ....2 years?

So the operators cut back on little things instead: they're not silly.

We all want Everything for Nothing, don't we?

I think they should offer a drinks package like X does. $350 per person for a 7 day cruise that includes unlimited drinks of any sort (and gratuities) up to I believe $13.00 a drink? I did it in January and it was fantastic. If you have a specialty coffee, a liter of sparkling water at dinner, a soft drink at lunch, 2 or 3 beers on the lido, and a cocktail after dinner you are way ahead of the game. Plus if you decide to have a real "drinking day", you could spend half of that price in one day. Plus with that being an extra $700 a week for a couple, you probably will not attract the sort of clientele that many complain about on these boards.

I would like to see one Drink of the Day (I purchase one each day, all other drinks are from my Bon Voyage stash) included as well as the option for a glass of wine at dinner. Other than that, I can't think of anything I'd like to see included so for me, $20 a day would cover any extras I'd like.

Archived