How much more are you willing to pay for ...?

nimiq

This is my question how much more would you be willing to pay for to make cruise lines a bit more All-Inclisive ?

If so would that cover only the soft drinks,Alcohol or alternative dining ?

regards

Eric

OK I'll play.

I frequent AI resorts and love the fact that all is covered. Can have anything to drink, dine anywhere and most beach activities all included. [the old motorized activities may cost extra]

If RCCL would do this I would be on board 100%. I don't find AI resorts more expensive then a cruise[sometimes cheaper] so I think, pending on the cost-absolutely. What that extra should be-I have no idea.

This is my question how much more would you be willing to pay for to make cruise lines a bit more All-Inclisive ?

None. I like it the way it is, which gives me the choice of spending for the extras or not.

I like it the way it is. I like my drink but won't pay cruise prices for them. I'll buy a Bon Voyage bottle for ship time and drink beer in port. As it is I save all year for an inside cabin on my 1 cruise a year. Anymore costs and I wouldn't be cruising :(

Enough to pay the staff a propper wage without having to rely on dicretionary handouts from all us cruisers.

What is a proper wage? The crew like the system as is, most passengers like the system as is. You don't have to tip if you don't want to, just tell the purser when you board. Personally, I like the system as it is, all inclusive can sometime get abused with the worst consequencies.

What is a proper wage? The crew like the system as is, most passengers like the system as is.

Exactly. Who are any of us to say what a proper wage is for them? I've had bartenders tell me they make more than doctors in their home countries. They seem pretty happy to me.

We have cruise buddies that are in the middle of a B2B out of Ft Lauderdale. Week 1 was on Navigator and week 2 is on Solstice. It's doing almost the same itinerary but the report is that the food for lunch in the buffet was better. They purchased an all you can drink package so we'll see what that produces.

I have often said that if the price of the cruise was $200 more for the week but the food was like the specialty venues who wouldn't choose to pay more??? To me it seems like a no brainer to pay more and have great food. Obviously, that is just one school of thought. For a lot of people the DR food seems great. Others would rather eat in the WJ and think that that's the best.

I've been cruising for 28 years and the pricing is about the same as it was back then. I had an interior cabin on Song of America for 1 week to the eastern Caribbean in 1983 and it was $1200 per person. Go price the same cruise out of Miami now and you will see what I mean.

I have often said that if the price of the cruise was $200 more for the week but the food was like the specialty venues who wouldn't choose to pay more???

That would be me. I´ve only been cruising for about 16 years and I will agree with you on a decline in food quality over the years. However I´m still satisfied with the food offered in the buffet and MDR and I never eat in the specialty restaurants. So I would not want to pay those $200 extra.

I think it would be great to have an AI option (but not as a mandatory added into the cruise are). That way you could choose if you want it or not. Similar to having the soda card, but would have other inclusions -- including speciality restaurants, liquor, soda, etc. I'm not sure if I would buy it, but I would consider it depending upon the specific cruise itinerary and would be nice to have the option for review.

Nope...I have seen the way some people drink on cruises on their own nickle, and frankly, dont want to subsidize that with my higher fare when I have single glass of wine at dinner (every other night;)) and I certainly wouldn't want to be cruising with those folks with an open bar!:eek:

AI kind of bugs me, I paid for an Africa safari with alcohol included, never had a drink, (too dehydrating) and paid full fare for 3 minors who dont drink; if I could have got an A La Carte plan at those camps I would have welcomed it!

regards

Eric

Wouldn't be interested at all....K.O. Near Philly...Happy cruising;)

Archived