Noordam's 11 day Wayfarer Menus

Krazy Kruizers

Thank you so much for posting this! I copied and sent the first 5 to my sister, who is joining me in April on the Zuiderdam. She cruises a lot, but has never sailed on HAL. I was surprised at how much the menu has stayed the same since my last sailing, and I'm glad. It really looks fantastic and I hope that the Zuiderdam has a similar one. Problem is, I'll have to have 3 or 4 appetizers and main courses every night! Counting the days!

We do have one. Did you have the the Caribbean Thermidor? I've heard it's excellent. (And, we were just talking about your menu posts, I said I'm going to take pics of every menu and such, so I can help out future cruisers as much as you have!).

DH tried the lobster thermador -- the lobster wasn't cooked. He sent that dinner back and got the rack of lamb.

Thank you so much for posting this! I copied and sent the first 5 to my sister, who is joining me in April on the Zuiderdam. She cruises a lot, but has never sailed on HAL. I was surprised at how much the menu has stayed the same since my last sailing, and I'm glad. It really looks fantastic and I hope that the Zuiderdam has a similar one. Problem is, I'll have to have 3 or 4 appetizers and main courses every night! Counting the days!

Many items do stay the same each year.

You are welcome.

If you have any questions about specific items -- please ask.

We are taking our first HAL cruise next month and being a pasta freak,I was wondering if you can order a small order of the pasta along with the dinner entree.

We are taking our first HAL cruise next month and being a pasta freak,I was wondering if you can order a small order of the pasta along with the dinner entree.

I am sure that you can get spaghetti as it is on the child's menu, but other than that you'll probably be limited in the MDR unless there is a pasta dish on the main menu that night. You might also want to try Canalleto on one of the nights.

I am sure that you can get spaghetti as it is on the child's menu, but other than that you'll probably be limited in the MDR unless there is a pasta dish on the main menu that night. You might also want to try Canalleto on one of the nights.

Actually I was referring to the pasta entrees that are on the dinner menu.

Actually I was referring to the pasta entrees that are on the dinner menu.

Then it won't be a problem. Just ask for a side portion, although expect to receive a whole entree even with such a request as it is often times easier for the servers to grab a full entree from the line than to have the kitchen prepare a side portion.

DH also like pasta.

He will ask for a small portion as a side dish. Sometimes he gets the small portion -- a few times -- he has gotten the larger dinner portion.

Thanks for all the help.Can I ask one more question regarding the cabin minibar?Can it be emptied by the cabin steward?We are so used to Princess that I feel like such a rookie asking all these basic questions.Thanks for all the help!Enjoy your Holidays!

If for some reason your steward doesn't clear out the mini bar as requested (mine didn't), you can store the contents in the round stool in your room (depending on your ship). It is hollow inside, so just remove the top and put the items in there. I then restocked it on the last night onboard.

Archived