72 Hour Sale

Harveycm

I have yet to see a sale, that has very many cabins below the price of early saver. Most sale prices are not sales.. make sure you start tracking the price you want, and often they raise the prices a couple days before a sale.

Totally agree, Firefly. The sales offer such things as OBC, but then you have to book at Funsaver rate which is the highest possible cost to a cabin. Very often the Funsaver rate is many hundreds of dollars more than either ES or Past Passenger and then you only get $50- $100 OBC.....you are buying your own OBC ++++. How silly.

Carnival's Early Saver, Past Guest, Resident rates, etc. end up being quite similar - except for the basic levels of each category (6A, 8A, etc.).

For example, if you book an 8A, you will do good with Early Saver or West Coast or ??? If you book an 8C, it is basically the same price whether you book with Early Saver, West Coast, etc. or Past Guest with the upgrades.

Even with the OBC factored in for the "sale" price, I saved over $100 pp with ES. Does anyone fall for the phony sale prices?

It pays to know the regular price of whatever it is you are buying, from cruises to cereal. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that do not have a clue;). PT Barnum was right.

Carnival is the only cruise line that boost a sale price and never actually have anything on sale. They raise their prices a month before their "sale" to make unsuspecting people think they are getting a bargin when actually they are paying MORE for a cruise.

MHO but the truth.

I booked about 10 months out - actually during a sale, but I booked ES and got a good rate on a balcony. My category only went up after that - so I'm glad I didn't wait. Two of my sisters recently booked the same cruise for a lower balcony category, but paid over $200 more each!

Carnival is the only cruise line that boost a sale price and never actually have anything on sale. They raise their prices a month before their "sale" to make unsuspecting people think they are getting a bargin when actually they are paying MORE for a cruise.

MHO but the truth.

I think this tactic is common to all mainstream lines (and to most businesses also for that matter;)).

OK so I guess my question is......

Is it worth it to book early and then take the OBC for whatever price drop they have?

I booked about 10 months out - actually during a sale, but I booked ES and got a good rate on a balcony. My category only went up after that - so I'm glad I didn't wait. Two of my sisters recently booked the same cruise for a lower balcony category, but paid over $200 more each!

I book ES about 10 months out also....every "sale" they've had is at least $150 more than I paid. I watch the prices when they put the new schedules out and then book accordingly.

As you can see, there is no set pattern.:D

I personally think it depends on how CABIN SALES are doing near the time of the cruise. I've booked 3-5 days before the cruise and easily beat ES passengers who booked a year before the cruise. (I realize everyone can't do that, but I MUST)

Some areas are financially more depressed in comparison to the rest of the country. California, Nevada, Arizona (the West Coast) as most cruise lines have abandoned So Cal taking their ships elsewhere. The economy is improving or sputtering at different times (at the ES time maybe it looked good, but by the time of the cruise it was sputtering).:confused:

Almost booked a cruise last week on the SPLENDOR for $389pp ! ! (paid $659pp for the same cruise in May). Holy Crap ! ! I can eat that much ! ! :eek: I suspect OVER 55, PAST GUEST, OFF SEASON, CALIFORNIA RESIDENT and California's crumbling economy has something to do with it, but with the cruise a couple of weeks away and Europe looking to plunge us into another recession SALES may be way off for this time period. This is an incredible rate to me.:)

OK so I guess my question is......

Is it worth it to book early and then take the OBC for whatever price drop they have?

I book ES about 10 months out also....every "sale" they've had is at least $150 more than I paid. I watch the prices when they put the new schedules out and then book accordingly.

3 characters

As you can see, there is no set pattern.:D

I personally think it depends on how CABIN SALES are doing near the time of the cruise. I've booked 3-5 days before the cruise and easily beat ES passengers who booked a year before the cruise. (I realize everyone can't do that, but I MUST)

Some areas are financially more depressed in comparison to the rest of the country. California, Nevada, Arizona (the West Coast) as most cruise lines have abandoned So Cal taking their ships elsewhere. The economy is improving or sputtering at different times (at the ES time maybe it looked good, but by the time of the cruise it was sputtering).:confused:

Almost booked a cruise last week on the SPLENDOR for $389pp ! ! (paid $659pp for the same cruise in May). Holy Crap ! ! I can eat that much ! ! :eek: I suspect OVER 55, PAST GUEST, OFF SEASON, CALIFORNIA RESIDENT and California's crumbling economy has something to do with it, but with the cruise a couple of weeks away and Europe looking to plunge us into another recession SALES may be way off for this time period. This is an incredible rate to me.:)

Actually mine was a question.

Archived