Hawaii

SANDEE

Good Morning , Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. We are planning on doing Hawaiian Islands cruise during the holidays next year. Is it worth the extra to do the Caribe deck or the deck above it? It is about $300.00 difference. Anyone comment on this.

Thanks,Sandee

To us the extra charge is worth the Caribe deck. The balconies are twice the size than the Baja deck above. We use the balcony a lot. Just got off the Sapphire to Hawaii on Dec. 10. Had an AD mini-balcony on Emerald deck. That was awesome.

Good Morning , Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. We are planning on doing Hawaiian Islands cruise during the holidays next year. Is it worth the extra to do the Caribe deck or the deck above it? It is about $300.00 difference. Anyone comment on this.

Thanks,Sandee

Caribe balconies are 1 1/2 times larger; not twice as has been mentioned. That being said, we usually take Baja, unless the Caribe is a gimme. We prefer a covered balcony, so the partially uncovered Caribe does not usually suit us. I might spend $150/pp more, but never $300/pp more.

Your post is not quite clear. If it is $300 more per cabin than it is worth it (especially on the 14 day Hawaii cruise which has lots of sea days). If it is $300 per person more, ($600 per cabin) I do not think that it is worth it.

The Caribe deck balconies are 9x9 and the standard balconies are 9x5. The primary difference is that Caribe deck balconies will comfortably seat four while the standard balconies will comfortably seat two. The Caribe deck balconies are half covered and half uncovered. The uncovered portion is additional space you do not get on Baja and Aloha decks.

If you choose to book a cabin with a standard size balcony, I would book Baja deck rather than Aloha deck because you will have cabins above and below you and it will be quiet.

When I have the option, I prefer a Caribe balcony over Baja or other decks .... I love that they are larger, and that they are half covered.

Half covered means that I can use the balcony in pretty much any weather. The only time I have not been able to was if it was raining fairly hard plus the wind was blowing into the balcony. And on sunny days, I can choose to sit in the sun or in the shade.

I like the larger size because the table is dining height, and in addition to the kind of chairs that semi-recline, there are another 2 chairs that are the regular kind (not reclining).

On some ships, there are also ottomans on the Caribe balconies, which I love because I like to put my feet up while sitting. (If there are no ottomans, I can resort to putting my feet on one of the regular chairs.)

Archived