Destiny = No Oceanview?

Captain Carnival

Is it my imagination or are there no OV cabins on the Destiny? I'm looking at a few cruise options for April 2012 and when it comes to the Destiny there are no OV cabins listed????

The Ocean View Cabins are all on decks 1 and 2

Edit to Add........I see what you are saying, there are no OV to select when inside the booking engine..........I would call the 800 number and speak to an agent.......they have access to more cabins than will show on the website.

That's a bit odd now but I guess as someone pointed out the OV cabins are larger so perhaps they want to leave them available for 3 or 4 pax; I wonder if 2 pax can book via a PVP?

The sailing may be capacity controlled meaning you would need to have the 3 or 4 for those cabins.

I imagine it would not hurt to call and ask.

JMHO I would ask for verification in writing that CCL would not bump you. Unless they give a free upgrade or something, LOL

yes, there are two decks of them, and they are even longer than normal OV's, having an extra 35 sqft making the room 220 sqft.

why none show as available is odd.

sounds like a group is booking that particular cruise-- or an agent is holding that space.

I would call direct and see whats available

that first week of April is Easter week- MANY families

I booked a cruise on the Destiny and was really shocked that the OV's were gone. I then began helping my friend book the same cruise and when we put in the search criteria of Over 55 and Military Vet. the OV's suddenly were available.

I think they must sell out quick for 2 because when I booked in Oct for my June cruise they were already gone. I figured since it was 8 months out I wouldn't have a problem getting OV for myself & FI and an inside across the hall for kids. Well no such luck, even my PVP was suprised. However they did have OV for 3 & I thought about getting it for the kids & taking the inside for myself, but PVP easily talked me out of it. But hey 2 insides cabins are much better than none:D

Archived