Can you buy rum runners in stores?

rphgf

Yes! Start calling liquor stores. We've purchased them in local liquor stores, though their selection of sizes is more limited than what you can get online in advance. Call around first though so you don't waste time driving all over town. They're not a "staple" at all liquor stores, unfortunately.

Those are available in the dollar stores around here - my wife brought 4 of them (empty) on our Allure cruise and we filled them up with water/juice before heading into town at our ports of call - I was reluctant to drink any of the local water ashore, so we just drank what we brought off the ship instead.

Those are available in the dollar stores around here - my wife brought 4 of them (empty) on our Allure cruise and we filled them up with water/juice before heading into town at our ports of call - I was reluctant to drink any of the local water ashore, so we just drank what we brought off the ship instead.

You actually found this brand at the dollar store??? If so, you should buy them up and resell them. We paid full price for this actual brand.

You actually found this brand at the dollar store??? If so, you should buy them up and resell them. We paid full price for this actual brand.

They're not the identical "brand", but they are identical. I'll see if I can dig up the ones we brought back from our trip and post some pics.

I purchased a set from the website, and didn't use it on my last cruise, so I gave them away to a first time cruiser who had no problem getting them onboard. I received an "identical" type of bottle through a promotion, but for our cruise in the summer, I'll order another set from the Rum Runner website.

This is what I thought. I have a couple of months and I should have waited. I spent $17 ordering them online for 1 32oz, 1 16 oz and 2 8oz. If I end up seeing them at the dollar store I am going to feel ripped off.

Distilled ocean water.

I'd much rather drink that, actually, versus water from a water system of unknown quality with all the risks associated with it.

Really?

What are those (dirty) rubber hoses that lead from the docks to the ship that say "Potable Water" carrying?

Don't tell me it's distilled on-board.

:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
Really?

What are those (dirty) rubber hoses that lead from the docks to the ship that say "Potable Water" carrying?

Don't tell me it's distilled on-board.

:eek:

There are desalination (sp) machines aboard most ships, I believe. I wonder..how do you see the inside of those rubber hoses? :rolleyes:

Archived