Frustrated with Celebrity's site

Krazy Kruizers

Yesterday I tried several times to use Celebrity's site to look up cruises for the fall of 2012. I would put in "Find cruises" -- "Caribbean" -- "Dates" -- a couple of cruises would show and when I asked for details -- I would get knocked off the Internet.

I thought it may be a one time problem and tried again today. The same thing happened.

All other sites -- cruise forums, airlines, other cruise line sites -- no problems.

So what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for any help.

What are you doing wrong??? That's easy....you're trying to use the Celebrity web site which is generally regarded by users here as one of the worst in the industry.

Pick your favorite on-line TA and do your searching there.....

Yesterday I tried several times to use Celebrity's site to look up cruises for the fall of 2012. I would put in "Find cruises" -- "Caribbean" -- "Dates" -- a couple of cruises would show and when I asked for details -- I would get knocked off the Internet.

I thought it may be a one time problem and tried again today. The same thing happened.

All other sites -- cruise forums, airlines, other cruise line sites -- no problems.

So what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for any help.

This is such a perennial problem that I'm beginning to think it should just stay right up on top of the board so we can quickly compare notes on outages and quirks!

A long time ago someone on the boards pointed out that if you can clear the cache on your computer regularly, it helps a lot in viewing the X website. For some reason, old X website stuff seems to clutter up the system. I have tried this and it really helps when I search AGAIN for something I've searched before. Old results aren't hanging around to interfere with new ones.

This is such a perennial problem that I'm beginning to think it should just stay right up on top of the board so we can quickly compare notes on outages and quirks!

A long time ago someone on the boards pointed out that if you can clear the cache on your computer regularly, it helps a lot in viewing the X website. For some reason, old X website stuff seems to clutter up the system. I have tried this and it really helps when I search AGAIN for something I've searched before. Old results aren't hanging around to interfere with new ones.

:confused:For us electronicly challenged folks out here, what is ment by clear the cache on the computer?

Celebrity has the worst cruise site on the net! We tried to find a cruise for July, and became so frustrated with the Celebrity site, we looked at Hollands site and booked a wonderful 35 day cruise with them round trip Boston. If it was not for how bad the Celebrity site is we would be booked on a Celebrity ship this coming July. The four cruises we do have booked with Celebrity where booked on the Century this past November.

I just tried to go "manage my reservation". It took forever to load, then when it did, it was someone elses reservation:eek:!! Which is a privacy concern, I would think. I quickly logged and and tried to log back in and now I am getting an edit stating that my reservation is being modfied. what the heck?? I called, they just said log out and give it at least half an hour and if it is still doing that to call back and they'd transfer me to the web department.

I haven't tried back yet.

I guess I'm one of the few who don't have a web site problem!

I feel so special! LOL! :D (I hope I didn't just jinx myself! :eek:)

I commiserate with you guys who are having difficulties. I guess you just have to keep trying, as frustrating as it is. One wonders why the shoreside always has some kind of problem or another while the seaside is so wonderful?

It's not you... You aren't doing anything wrong.

It's a poorly designed site with ****ty implementation; bad links and dead links abound. Pages freeze and crash and the "My reservation" section should say "My torture chamber"

I have gotten info off the site but it's not fast or easy info I would go to one of the big websites and searching there. We used vacay 2 go and it works fine every time for the basics itinerary and info.

For searching for cruise info and booking on the X site be prepared to try it from a bunch of links. If one doesn't work often another one will...

Gahhh!!! I'm trying to check in on line and just got an email saying it cancelled my beverage packages!!!! Argh! On hold now to fix. So frustrating!!!!!

Update: It happened because the website put my husband as 2 before it crashed so it showed him as underage. Whoops. They are fixing it now. Nice to know there aren't any drunk 2 year olds married to 33 year olds allowed on board. :) Lol.

I tried both of your links -- everything goes fine until I click onto "more details" for a cruise that we are looking at -- that's when I get kicked off the Internet.

Thank you for trying to help me.

:confused:For us electronicly challenged folks out here, what is ment by clear the cache on the computer?

Celebrity has the worst cruise site on the net! We tried to find a cruise for July, and became so frustrated with the Celebrity site, we looked at Hollands site and booked a wonderful 35 day cruise with them round trip Boston. If it was not for how bad the Celebrity site is we would be booked on a Celebrity ship this coming July. The four cruises we do have booked with Celebrity where booked on the Century this past November.

I am not certain what 'clearing the cache' means, but whenever I spend a lot of time on a site, after leaving it I will bring up internet options on my computer, and delete cookies, history, etc., before going elsewhere on the 'net. This may be it or not, but whatever, it seems to help.

By the way, that cruise you booked on the Maasdam, the 35 day 'Voyage of the Vikings' is on my "bucket list". Enjoy it!:)

We are cruising on the 17th out of Bayonne and I have been on the web site numerous times using aol. I have not encountered any problems. We rarely book excursions thru the cruise line but we did this time. I just went on to change one of them and it all went smoothly. Sorry to those of you having difficulty.

It works differently on different browsers. I use firefox, so I click on tools, options, and then advanced. the second button down says "clear now," and you just click it.

If I was using a different browser, like Internet Explorer, I'd google something like "clear cache Internet Explorer," and somewhere in the list of hits would be instructions for how to do it. I don't keep this stuff in my head, just use google A LOT to find out how to do it.

I tried both of your links -- everything goes fine until I click onto "more details" for a cruise that we are looking at -- that's when I get kicked off the Internet.

Thank you for trying to help me.

I used my own link and booked a 7 days cruise. I've no problem at all!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/booking/create/setCabin.do?selectedStateroom=7319~~SV~~SV~~FSTA21~~false~~B~~SV~~Sunset+Veranda+Stateroom~~SR~~Sunrise+Deck~~9~~null~~3197.0~~

For those who want to clear cache from your PC, a free program called "CCleaner" is very good. I've been using this program for years. (I discovered it from MaximumPC magazine).

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Celebrity's website is famous for not being user friendly. They don't seem to care.

My next cruise which is booked and paid for does not show up in my cruises and I cannot add it manually. I've had this problem before. Pointed it out to Celebrity. Obviously it hasn't been fixed.

I have very low expectations for Celebrity's website and Celebrity corporate. As I've said several times before--if shoreside actually operated the ships, they'd all be at the bottom of the ocean.

Archived