Cabo and Puerto Vallarta Excursions and/orBar Crawls

iurebekah3rt

My BF and I (27/28 respectively) are going on the Mexican Riveria cruise through Carnival in February. We are wanting to do some drinking (of course, its Mexico!) and possibly a bar crawl if we can find one in Cabo or Puerto Vallarta. We did a fantastic bar crawl last winter in Cozumel (highly recommended!!!) and would love to find something similar. We also would like to do whale watching in Cabo. We do not like to book excursions through the cruise line.

What excursions would you recommend for Cabo and Puerto Vallarta?

Thanks!!

Cabo is by far, our favorite place, so much so that we stopped cruising after we found it, and now make two trips a year, spending at least a week at a time. Lots of bars, cold beer and excellent Margarita's.

So many bars, that I doubt that you could hit them all in three or four days.

Rather than book an excursion where you are herded around like sheep, I think that I would hit the first bar closest to the Cruise Pier, and then just head down the Marina!

Once you round the corner by the Dolphin tanks, there is about a 100 yard stretch, but then you come upon Captain Tony's, Soloman's, Wamongo, De'Right Joint, Wyndham (used to be No Worry's), and maybe a dozen more. Once you reach the area of the Marina where the boat ramp is, cross the street (after hitting the Hard Rock, of course) and then head back on Marina Street. You likely will find nearly 2 dozen on the way back.

We have been in nearly everyone of them, and have never been served a warm beer or a bad Margarita!

In Puerto Vallarta the best area for bars is in the Romantic Zone (also called Old Town or the Southside) although many tourists also enjoy the bars in nearby Centro. However, as you can imagine, the serious drinking is after dark when the cruise ships are long gone.

Hank

Archived