18 year old and 15 year old in own room?

wr813

Guest Service will switch room keys if you split up on your booking to take advantage of a promotional discount such as Past Guest, Senior, Residency, Military, Interline etc. Guest Service will not switch out room keys if it results in a violation of the Minor Guest Policy.

If the OP wants each of the children to have their own room keys they cannot book Guarantees. They must book the children within 3 doors of the adults as per the Minor Guest Policy.

Guest Service will switch room keys if you split up on your booking to take advantage of a promotional discount such as Past Guest, Senior, Residency, Military, Interline etc. Guest Service will not switch out room keys if it results in a violation of the Minor Guest Policy.

If the OP wants each of the children to have their own room keys they cannot book Guarantees. They must book the children within 3 doors of the adults as per the Minor Guest Policy.

Unless they book one parent in each room..... and switch when they get on board, done all the time.

Unless they book one parent in each room..... and switch when they get on board, done all the time.

They can switch rooms, no problem. But are you saying Guest Services swapped out room keys for you that resulted in 2 minors sleeping far away from the adults in violation of the Minor Policy?

If so, it was a mistake and the OP should not count on this happening if they plan to book 2 guarantee rooms.

They can switch rooms, no problem. But are you saying Guest Services swapped out room keys for you that resulted in 2 minors sleeping far away from the adults in violation of the Minor Policy?

If so, it was a mistake and the OP should not count on this happening if they plan to book 2 guarantee rooms.

Happens all the time, guest services knows it. Everyone, including guest services knows exactly what is going on in doing it. No mistakes involved, are they violating the minor policy....yes. Only way not to is by not booking guarantee rates.

It happens all the time. Even if they won't "switch" keys you can ask for and receive extra door key only S&S cards.

• 2 weeks later...

We did end up booking an Aft Ext Balcony for my in laws. The cabin was U239. We then did an IS guarantee and an OV guarantee. We got the cabin assignments in about a week and the OV is U177 and the IS is U195. Only 4 from each other. Thank you Carnival!

Talked to Carnival yesterday. Minors have to be within 3 cabins of their parents. My husband and I booked ES in June to use $350 in rewards points from a credit card. We had to use the rewards and have the cruise booked by July. We decided a few weeks ago that we were going to go ahead and bring my boys (14 & 16). I have been watching the prices and hoping for a drop. I had to pay $200 more for their cabin, because I couldn't book a int guarantee because they are minors and had to be within 3 cabins of us and I couldn't put one of us in the cabin because we booked ES. So, I guess that's what I get for waiting. Just kind of stinks that someone off the street is going to get a cabin for $200 cheaper than me and I'm taking my 9th Carninval cruise. I'll just have to get over it!

Archived