Top Chef

michelle1836

I like her too. She seems like a really nice lady. Now I didn't like that one lady (can't think of her name) that was always so mean to her. She definitely thought she was 'all that'! LOL!

I can't think of her name either!

Admittedly, I haven't looked at them since receiving as presents. I collect cookbooks, hundreds of them. That said, I pulled one out the Quickfire Challenge one and started perusing in order to answer your question.

It seems that the recipes are not complicated as far as ingredients or amount of ingredients. For example, Harold's Pan Roasted Chicken with Potato Gnocchi wone the Season 1, Episode 10 Quickfire Challenge. It only has seven ingredients not including salt and pepper.

There are also a lot of things besides recipes in the book like "Who Cooked It?" with pictures of dishes and you have to name the people who cooked them or "Test Your Foodie IQ."

Lots of other fun facts and behind-the-scenes info.[/quote]

I also have quite a few cookbooks (not 100's), but mine usually are the kind that Church ladies put together and sell for a fund raiser. :D Their recipes are 'simple comfort food' type of cooking. I'll have to see if I can find the Top Chef ones at our local Tuesday morning. I know I'd enjoy the 'behind the scenes' info! Thanks for taking the time to pull it out and let me know! P.S. Where do you keep all those cookbooks? ;)

I have those kinds also! Just started as a hobby. I love cooking and would read cookbooks for fun. When we built our house, I made sure I would have enough space for them. I admit that I use the cookbooks so much less than I ever have simply because I can go to my computer and look up a recipe nowadays. I probably should get rid of some of them but every so often it is kind of nice to relive the old days. I have my first one before I got married -- Betty Crocker. The pages have come out of the binder several times and there are little spots of whatever I was cooking.

I have those kinds also! Just started as a hobby. I love cooking and would read cookbooks for fun. When we built our house, I made sure I would have enough space for them. I admit that I use the cookbooks so much less than I ever have simply because I can go to my computer and look up a recipe nowadays. I probably should get rid of some of them but every so often it is kind of nice to relive the old days. I have my first one before I got married -- Betty Crocker. The pages have come out of the binder several times and there are little spots of whatever I was cooking.

Me too! It's kind of crazy, but sometimes I use them for my 'bathroom reading'. LOL! :o

Boo! Grayson was eliminated! I watched Last Chance Kitchen, but they didn't announce the winner. I guess I'll have to wait and see who walks through the doors next week! :rolleyes:

I haven't watched any of those Last Chance Kitchen episodes. I loved the chef's reaction when they announced that someone was coming back.

the mean one's name is Heather. and while I think Beverly is a good cook, I am especially rooting for her because of the others. although she did say something inappropriate to Grayson in last chance kitchen. Now that grayson is out I am rooting for Paul (the ones left) guess we have to wait till next week to see who is back in.

I took one of the cookbooks out of the library once and thought the recipies had way too many ingredients for me!! :eek:

LOL I am still surprised he was on!! it was a weird challange

It got too much for him to stay in character like that the whole show. Of course, I wasn't a fan ever... at all... in any way shape or manner... :D

I was sad to see Grayson go. I loved when Tom asked her if she was afraid that a chicken salad sandwich wasn't high end enough and she shot back, "You mean like a meatball!" So I'd like to see her back.

My bet for winner is Paul or Lindsay.

Did Y'all happen to watch WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE after the episode last night? Carla & Tom were the guest and Grayson was the bartender. Tom thought the 'meatball incident' was funny! I like him! He seemed to have gotten a 'kick out of' Pee-Wee. LOL!

I really hope Grayson gets back in, but if Beverly does, that's okay too. Paul is definitely a contender for TOP CHEF. He's won a boatload of $$$ and challenges! Plus he's from Austin, so that's pretty cool too! :D

So tonight I decided to pull out my Top Chef Quickfire Challenge Game. Who can answer this question:

In the Season I episode in Napa, who was the only chef who did not use lamb in his dish -- Stephen, Harold or Dave?

So tonight I decided to pull out my Top Chef Quickfire Challenge Game. Who can answer this question:

In the Season I episode in Napa, who was the only chef who did not use lamb in his dish -- Stephen, Harold or Dave?

About the only thing I can remember from that season is, "I'm not your b#t#h, B#t#h!" LOL!

dern it! i started watching with season 2 and marcel

any other questions?

You bet!

1. After the final four contestants in Season 2 arrived in Hawaii for the finale, what mode of transportation did they take to meet the judges, who were waiting for them with lunch?

2. How many ingredients from Chicago's Green City Market were the chef's allowed to use in their dishes in the Quickfire Challenge in Season 4, Episode 2?

3. What is the Hawaiian name for albacore tuna -- ahi, toro or tombo?

4. What should people with Celiac disease avoid eating?

5. How many calories are in one cup of granulated white sugar -- 350, 770 or 920?

6. True or false. One of the original names proposed for Top Chef was "Grillers in the Mist."

You bet!

1. After the final four contestants in Season 2 arrived in Hawaii for the finale, what mode of transportation did they take to meet the judges, who were waiting for them with lunch?

2. How many ingredients from Chicago's Green City Market were the chef's allowed to use in their dishes in the Quickfire Challenge in Season 4, Episode 2?

3. What is the Hawaiian name for albacore tuna -- ahi, toro or tombo?

4. What should people with Celiac disease avoid eating?

5. How many calories are in one cup of granulated white sugar -- 350, 770 or 920?

6. True or false. One of the original names proposed for Top Chef was "Grillers in the Mist."

1. Plane then Helicopter

2. 5 (excluding salt and pepper)

3. Tombo

4. Gluten products

5. 770

6. True

Oh and I think since the OP talked about the chef from the cruise lines, wasn't she from RC and isn't the first post on worst foods about RC's lobster bisque? Maybe she shouldn't have made soup!!

And my favorite was Clint (Cliff?) who got thrown off for touching Marcel, but I liked Blaise, Carla, Fabio and Stephanie too.

I think Beverly will come back because that will cause the most drama and I am sure the TC allows people who cause drama to stay on the show longer to get viewers.

1. When the chefs in Season 4, Episode 2, drew knives that said Vulture, Bear, Lion, Penguin and Gorilla, what did this mean they were cooking?

2. What is the Aiercan translation of the British term "trotters?"

3. True or False: The term "granola" was coined by John Harvey Kellogg and Will Keith Kellogg more than 100 years ago as a term for their breakfast cereal.

4. True or False: Tagine is the name for a Moroccan stew and also the name of the vessel in which the stew is cooked.

5. Which Season 1 contestant said "It was nice for me to educate my peers within this competition?"

1. When the chefs in Season 4, Episode 2, drew knives that said Vulture, Bear, Lion, Penguin and Gorilla, what did this mean they were cooking?

2. What is the Aiercan translation of the British term "trotters?"

3. True or False: The term "granola" was coined by John Harvey Kellogg and Will Keith Kellogg more than 100 years ago as a term for their breakfast cereal.

4. True or False: Tagine is the name for a Moroccan stew and also the name of the vessel in which the stew is cooked.

5. Which Season 1 contestant said "It was nice for me to educate my peers within this competition?"

Let's see

1. I loved this challenge, they had to create appetizers based around the animals diet right?

2. A pig foot I think

3. This one I had to look up and the answer is false, and according to the wiki page: "The names Granula and Granola were trademarked terms in the late nineteenth century United States for foods consisting of whole grain products crumbled and then baked until crisp;[1] in contrast with the contemporary invention, muesli, which is traditionally not baked or sweetened. The name is now trademarked only in Australia (by the Australian Health & Nutrition Association Ltd.'s Sanitarium Health Food Company).[1]

Granula was invented in Dansville, New York, by Dr. Connor Lacey at the Jackson Sanitarium in 1894.[1] The Jackson Sanitarium was a prominent health spa that operated into the early twentieth century on the hillside overlooking Dansville.[1] It was also known as Our Home on the Hillside;[1] thus the company formed to sell Jackson's cereal was known as the Our Home Granula Company.[1] Granula was composed of Graham flour and was similar to an oversized form of Grape-Nuts.

A similar cereal was developed by John Harvey Kellogg.[1] It too was initially known as Granula, but the name was changed to Granola to avoid legal problems with Jackson"

4. True

5. Had to be Stephen

Let's see

1. I loved this challenge, they had to create appetizers based around the animals diet right?

2. A pig foot I think

3. This one I had to look up and the answer is false, and according to the wiki page: "The names Granula and Granola were trademarked terms in the late nineteenth century United States for foods consisting of whole grain products crumbled and then baked until crisp;[1] in contrast with the contemporary invention, muesli, which is traditionally not baked or sweetened. The name is now trademarked only in Australia (by the Australian Health & Nutrition Association Ltd.'s Sanitarium Health Food Company).[1]

Granula was invented in Dansville, New York, by Dr. Connor Lacey at the Jackson Sanitarium in 1894.[1] The Jackson Sanitarium was a prominent health spa that operated into the early twentieth century on the hillside overlooking Dansville.[1] It was also known as Our Home on the Hillside;[1] thus the company formed to sell Jackson's cereal was known as the Our Home Granula Company.[1] Granula was composed of Graham flour and was similar to an oversized form of Grape-Nuts.

A similar cereal was developed by John Harvey Kellogg.[1] It too was initially known as Granula, but the name was changed to Granola to avoid legal problems with Jackson"

4. True

5. Had to be Stephen

Answers from the Top Chef Quickfire Challenge Game.

1. A meal using the main foods in those animals' diets.

2. Pig's feet

3. True according to the game.

4. True

5. Stephen

1. At the Season 2 finale in Hawaii, Elia and Ilan spoke up at the Judges' Table to accuse which chef of cheating and disruptive tactics in the kitchen?

2. What shopping twist did Padma throw at the contestants for the block-party challenge in Season 4?

3. The name of which liquor comes from the Gaelic uisqebaugh meaning "water of life."

4. Malt, an integral ingredient in beers and other alcohols, is produced from what grain?

5. What ist he name of the process in which chocolate is melted, cooled and reheated to make it more malieable?

Answers from the Top Chef Quickfire Challenge Game.

1. A meal using the main foods in those animals' diets.

2. Pig's feet

3. True according to the game.

4. True

5. Stephen

See granola was true but I didn't read enough to answer correctly, darn you work for taking me away from my Top Chef trivia!!!!!!

Speaking of that... I am out for the day so hopefully someone can answer, if not I will take a shot tomorrow.

1. At the Season 2 finale in Hawaii, Elia and Ilan spoke up at the Judges' Table to accuse which chef of cheating and disruptive tactics in the kitchen?

2. What shopping twist did Padma throw at the contestants for the block-party challenge in Season 4?

3. The name of which liquor comes from the Gaelic uisqebaugh meaning "water of life."

4. Malt, an integral ingredient in beers and other alcohols, is produced from what grain?

5. What ist he name of the process in which chocolate is melted, cooled and reheated to make it more malieable?

1. Marcel

2. Got ingredients from people on the block

3. Whiskey

4. Barley

5. Tempering, in chocolate shops like Godiva (and the one I worked in when I was 17) you work on a marble slab to temper because the marble is cool and it spreads out the heat. Tempering also makes chocolate shiny and your chocolate won't turn white and look old as soon as it cools.

Yay! Top Chef trivia at work on the day before my cruise! Life is good! (Not sure this one would make a good t-shirt though)

1. Marcel

2. Got ingredients from people on the block

3. Whiskey

4. Barley

5. Tempering, in chocolate shops like Godiva (and the one I worked in when I was 17) you work on a marble slab to temper because the marble is cool and it spreads out the heat. Tempering also makes chocolate shiny and your chocolate won't turn white and look old as soon as it cools.

Yay! Top Chef trivia at work on the day before my cruise! Life is good! (Not sure this one would make a good t-shirt though)

I remember that one!

trivia question- why was Sam eliminated on season 2 in the final round?

Archived