Watch this .... while it lasts on Youtube

Thank you Barry. Watching fitted in nicely with being put on hold several times while sorting out last details for our next cruise. No complaints, my questions were not standard.

We stayed overnight at the Queen Mary Hotel several years ago. Our favourite spot was the Observation Bar, where you could (almost) imagine being at sea. We were lucky and the entertainment, piano and patter fitted the decor!

Loved the pre war version of synchronised swimming and the passion of collectors for old cruise ship memorabilia.

Colleen

some interesting tit bits....eg..

*15,000 people paying 5/- to look over Queen Mary the day before her maiden voyage.

*On arrival in New York all the ashtrays had vanished:eek:

I wonder where they went:confused:

One guess! :D .... Like the salt and pepper grinders on Pacific Dawn. There used to be a set on every buffet table. Last time we were on it, there were fewer and I noticed the staff took them off the tables at night. (Incidentally they are available from Robin's Kitchen stores.)

Thank you for that link Barry it was a great program. I had seen some of the old footage before. There was a program on the ABC some years ago called The Liners, which was shown in 4 parts, which was also very good. Love the snippets of the old liners. The BBC made a program about the last voyage of the QE2, but have not seen that anywhere we can access.

By the way have you any more videos to post from your cruise back to OZ on Arcadia, have really enjoyed the ones you put up so far as we are joining Arcadia in Sydney for a short part of the current world cruise

Sheila

By the way have you any more videos to post from your cruise back to OZ on Arcadia, have really enjoyed the ones you put up so far as we are joining Arcadia in Sydney for a short part of the current world cruise

Sheila

Hi Sheila

I have to admit that I ran out of "steam" after 16 vids !! :o I was only thinking yesterday that I should get off my butt and finish the job. Trouble is that there would be about another 10 to do that!! :(

Barry

Couple more

Aruba --

Panama Canal --

Don't blame me ! -- blame Sheila, she's got me going again!! :p

Barry

But aren't you glad you did? Thanks Barry (and Sheila).

I was surprised to see that crew area was restricted as you went through the Panama Canal. Recently on Celebrity Century, they let everyone out the front in the crew area, to better enjoy the 3 Sounds.

Archived