A Disney Dream Tour

jenseib

I love the gorgeous floor.

rpfloor.jpg

A few more artwork shots before we headed out the side door.

rpsnowwhiteart.jpg

morerpprincessartwork.jpg

This hallway led down to Animators Palate, another restaurant on the rotational dining. The hall is lined with artwork of Princesses and other famous Disney girls, but done in sketches. This transitions you from one restaurant to the other by tying in both themes.

cindysketch.jpg

alicesketch.jpg

We were not allowed to take pictures inside. Tommy said it was not show ready because it had table clothes covering a lot of the chairs and tables…But actually that is show ready. They keep it like this all day long and take them off before dinner. But none the less, we couldn’t take pictures, though many took pictures of the walls. I got one really bad shot.

pixarlamp.jpg

If you are not familiar with AP, it has a bit of a show at dinner. The walls look like pictures and sketches, but as the night goes on, it turns into a screen and Crush comes around and talks to guest. Unfortunately when we cruised, we did not get talked to. Let’s hope he makes it to our table next time.

On to the District!

thedistrict.jpg

This area is a deck up and has the clubs and bars.

I am very foggy about this part of the tour. For some reason I barely remember it.

We must’ve come up the back steps of the ship and went into Evolutions first.

districtlounge.jpg

districtlounge2.jpg

I believe this is what would be the dance Club. The only time I visited it when I cruised last Spring was for the Muster Drill. It was my station.

districtlounge3.jpg

evolutions.jpg

Next we headed to the Skyline Lounge.

slyline1.jpg

The skyline changes in this bar giving you views of different cities like Paris and NYC. Tommy said the original plan was that it would change daily, but people started to complain. They wanted to be able to sit and watch it change, so now it’s set to change every so many minutes. I can’t remember, but it might be 30 or 60.

skyline2.jpg

skyline3.jpg

I believe these are part of the Skyline as well. They fall in right with those pictures and I can’t see how we would’ve been to any other lounge if we were going in order.

skyline4.jpg

skyline5.jpg

Hey, There’s Brook!

brooktakingpictures.jpg

Next we moved onto Pink.

I had wanted to come here and have a glass of the expensive champagne last Spring as well, but time didn’t allow for it….and unfortunately, they were not giving out free samples for us today.

This light fixture is above the bar area.

pink1.jpg

pink2.jpg

pink3.jpg

Love your pictures and commentary! Can't wait to see more :)

I also toured the Dream, but back in March of 2011. We were the first group to tour other than the people who went to the Earmarked Convention. It was advertised that lunch was included, but when we got there we were told otherwise. Not good for someone who frequently has low blood sugar!

I was so excited when I was on the ship I had to *Dream* up a reason to sail on her. So I will be taking my mom on the ship for Mother's Day this year :) DH has to saty at home for this trip!

I like your attention to detail... keep it going! :)

thanks. I am working on more photos. Hope to get something up later today!

Love your pictures and commentary! Can't wait to see more :)

I also toured the Dream, but back in March of 2011. We were the first group to tour other than the people who went to the Earmarked Convention. It was advertised that lunch was included, but when we got there we were told otherwise. Not good for someone who frequently has low blood sugar!

I was so excited when I was on the ship I had to *Dream* up a reason to sail on her. So I will be taking my mom on the ship for Mother's Day this year :) DH has to saty at home for this trip!

That would be great to tour then, when it was so new. I got to sail on her March 31st. We all LOVED it!

Our original itinerary said we would be eating boxed lunches on the way back from the port on the bus. :rolleyes: When we checked in at the Yacht Club on Monday we were giving new itineraries. This said lunch on the Dream! We were so excited. I guess the ship has to be cleared by someone to be able to serve lunch to tour groups. It had "JUST" been cleared the week before and we were the first group to get to have lunch onboard. Much better than a box lucn, thats for sure!

You and your Mom will love it. My Mom went in my DH's place last March and she loved it so much we are all going again next Nov. :p

We made our way onward. We had a lot of ship to cover and not much time to do it in. Many of us wanted to linger in each spot, but it just wasn’t doable. We had to be at lunch at a certain time, so we needed to get in as much as possible before hand. After lunch, many of the guests would be boarded which would make touring some areas harder.

The next bar in the loop is the District Lounge. This is kind of a walk through area. Not very big at all. We had all traveled this route many times when we sailed her last Spring. It led to the back staircase where we would go up and back to our room. I do know they have entertainment here because one night when we went through, there was a lounge singer…and she was NOT good. We kind of laughed as we walked through.

districtl.jpg

districtl2.jpg

districtl3.jpg

When I sailed the ship, this area had a snack buffet set up the last night. Now it might’ve been set up every night, but I only noticed it the last night…this is where I found chocolate covered strawberries. Unfortunately I must’ve gotten a bad batch, because the strawberries were kind of smushy. I have heard others says they have had some really good ones though.

districtloungebuffet.jpg

The next bar in the loop (this basically makes a circle) is 687. This is the sports type bar onboard.

6871.jpg

687 got its name because that was the yard number the Dream had when being made.

6872.jpg

Continuing on we passed by the coolest bathrooms EVER!. I had seen them last Spring, but never used them myself (though my Mom did) and I never took a picture of them either. We had a quick minute to get a quick shot of them. Not great, but it will have to do.

districtbathroom1.jpg

districtbathroom2.jpg

And we ended up back by Evolution again.

evolutionsign.jpg

We headed up the stairs.

staircase.jpg

bingo.jpg

And walked through Cabanas.

nemomosaic.jpg

No time to stop now, but as you can see they were starting to set up for lunch. I was half tempted to grab a shrimp!

cabanshrimp.jpg

They have these shades pulled down when they are not serving, or in the areas that are closed at the time.

cabansshade.jpg

cabanassign.jpg

We made our way out the doors and continued on.

Would you recommend the Dream for 30 somethings without children?? How was the spa? Was it similar to the Magic/Wonder??? How was the adult area (The District) .. Was it fun at night with lots of activities? How about during the day.. is there alot for adults without children to participate in??

Thanks!

Would you recommend the Dream for 30 somethings without children?? How was the spa? Was it similar to the Magic/Wonder??? How was the adult area (The District) .. Was it fun at night with lots of activities? How about during the day.. is there alot for adults without children to participate in??

Thanks!

I personally think the Dream is great for everyone young and old. If you like cruising, you should like the Dream, if you like Disney, you should like the Dream. Now I do add that I personally would go on with no children, but I am aware also that lots of children will be on the ship.

If you are looking to get away from children, then this is not the line for you. But there are many adult areas.....but on the Dream it is kind of set up poorly and though they have the adult areas, many are in areas that become a path for people to get from one spot to another. Like the adult pool, .....there were a couple of times we walked through when I sailed last spring and didn't think about it. I was just trying to get to another area of the ship, same with the district. We walked through to get to our room, even though after 9 it is adults only.

I never did the spa, I am really not a spa person. We did tour it this time, and it looks beautiful. I have never been on the Magic or Wonder, so I can't compare, but from what I have read, it is fairly different.

As for the District, when I sailed on her last Spring, I never made into any of the bars. I had my DD with me most times, and even if I didn't, I was just too tired by the end of the day to go.

I was only on the 3 day cruise last Spring. We didn't have a sea day, so both were port days. We had an excursion in Nassau and on CC day we played on the beach and came back and rode the Aqua Duck and then back to the beach. Of course they have serenity bay for adults.

I do know a couple (actually we had a meet this trip on my first day) and they have sailed Disney several times now. They actually went on 3 cruise back to backs in Aug. The year before they were on a back to back on the Wonder. They are sailing the Dream again in FEb. They are a brother and sister and are from Austria and come to the states usually a couple of times a year. No kids obviously, neither is married. They LOVE the Dream.

I mostly did kid friendly things when I sailed, because I had my DD with me who was 6 at the time, but I also enjoyed every minute of it as well.

Here is the link to my review of that trip. It can give you a bit of an idea of what we did, though there is so much more to do, we just didn't have time to fit it all in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1398603

We made our away across the pool deck area. I tried to take a few pictures as we went, but we really were walking fast. Tommy had an agenda, and he was bound and determined to keep to it, even with all us photo crazed TA’s.

arrrrrrcade.jpg

drinkstation.jpg

quacks.jpg

As we walked by the Aquaduck sign I joked that I “NEEDED” a picture of it. If you read my report of us sailing on the Dream, you will remember I took about 700 pictures of this sign. LOL

aquaducksign.jpg

This was something I had not seen on our cruise either. Poolside bars with beer. The day we boarded last Spring was raining…extremely hard at times, so we never even made it out on deck till early evening. They may do this every cruise, but I just wouldn’t have known. AND, unfortunately, we couldn’t even get a beer now, as we had no way to purchase anything on the ship….bummer.

bartime.jpg

We zoomed past many of the fast food counters.

flosv8.jpg

luigis.jpg

Nothing was open yet.

towmater.jpg

fillmores.jpg

And past the Adult pool area.

adultpool.jpg

And we arrived at our destination…the “Titanic gates”.

titanicgates.jpg

Ok, well they really are the gates to the concierge rooms.

I do NOT like this set up at all. When I look at it, all I can think about is the movie Titanic, where the lower class people are gated away from the upper class, and as the ship sinks, they won’t open the gates for those people. Now I guess if you really think about it, when it comes down to it, if the Dream was sinking, the concierge people would be the ones in trouble, not us poor folks, but I still don’t like this gated off area.

These doors are to the Concierge Lounge.

doubledoors.jpg

I think Tommy had expected the gate to be open, but it was close to time for the Concierge guests to come to their rooms (which is why we were hurrying over there), so I think the CM working the area let us in.

gateopen.jpg

We made our way to one of the suites. This room was GORGEOUS!

But we couldn’t take pictures, as it will still not show ready. It looked darn good to me. It was very big too. If I could afford one of these rooms, I wouldn’t hesitate one bit to stay here.

The bathroom was really nice as well. And we were allowed to take pictures there.

royaltoilet.jpg

Check this out…a TV in the mirror!

royalsinkandmirrortv.jpg

royaltowelrack.jpg

And the bathtub, which had water in it….we weren’t sure why it was slightly filled.

royaltub.jpg

I am having memory blur again, but I think this is a 2nd bathroom in the suite.

royaltoilet1.jpg

On to another room for a quick tour. I think this might’ve been a room that held 5, with a murphy bed that pulled out of the wall. Again, we weren’t allowed to take pictures, but again, I took a couple shots of the bathroom. This one had a round tub.

stateroomsink.jpg

roundtub.jpg

Our next stop was going to be the Spa.

dreamrug.jpg

I am not a big spa type person….mostly because I can’t justify the cost of them. This place was very pretty though, and my pictures don’t do it any justice. We were a group of 10 and it was hard to get shots without everyone else in them and we were still moving fairly fast.

senses.jpg

We walked by the salon and being that I am a licensed Cosmetologist (though I haven’t worked professionally since I had Claire), I felt I needed to take a picture there for sure.

salonchair.jpg

Product display!

productshelf.jpg

I think this is for a hot stone massage.

spaitems.jpg

And I could be wrong, but I think this is part of the teen spa, the Chill spa.

spatable.jpg

treatmenttable.jpg

I really needed a notebook to take notes, but there is no way I could write as fast as we were going.

productdisplay1.jpg

mebath.jpg

treatmenroom.jpg

I thought this towel wall was pretty cool. I actually had to look twice to figure out what it was.

towelwall.jpg

Hot tile loungers…Now THIS I would like.

spaloungers.jpg

scrubproduct.jpg

And there’s the hot tub….ahhhh!

peakathottub.jpg

And the rainforest showers were interesting. They had different shower sprays and aromas. Tommy warned us not to go in to far into them because they would turn on.

rainforestwshower.jpg

greenshowerhead.jpg

coolmist.jpg

tropicalstorm.jpg

And the Sauna…something I have never really understood….as I hate to sweat, so why would I go in a room to do that? LOL

sauna.jpg

I wish I would’ve taken more of the spa. I know we saw more, but I think I had also had to change my battery at some point in here on my camera. I came with a less than completely full battery, but didn’t worry, because I had a spare….but evidently my spare didn’t have a full charge either (and my 3rd spare was back in my room at the Yacht Club), so I didn’t really stop taking pictures (still had a point and shoot with me too, but I did worry about it lasting for the rest of the day.

Archived