Hey Diving Bride

Hi Shelly,

I was wondering what you had been up to. :)

I actually think the Renaissance is a good choice. It's in a good area close to food, water taxi, etc. and if you are getting it for 89.00 a night that's actually a really good rate! I'd go for it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I mean, it's not the nicest hotel, none near the port are but this is one of the nicer ones near the port and is by no means shabby or under par for the rate.

If you guys seriously think about moving to Miami you better let me know! :) Actually, we're considering leaving because we've been shopping for a house here and it's depressing. Housing costs her have risen almost 100% in the last 2 years and we can't even get a 1600 sq ft townhouse in a nice area for our price range of 315000 right now. :( A 1500 sq ft starter home here (in a neighborhood without bars on the windows) will set you back 365000-400000 here so it's not a great place for a couple buying their first home these days. It used to be inexpensive, in fact thos 400000 homes sold 2 years ago for under 200000! Oh well, we've been shopping since the wedding and haven't found anything. Looks like we'll just have to continue to rent and think about relocating in the next 2 years. We have really good jobs and can transfer pretty much anywhere so there's no reason for us not to move. Our families are all on the West coast, but we like living close to Orlando, the FL Key's and to so many cruise ports. :)

OK, I've rambled now. LOL Good Luck and hopefully we'll chat again soon.

Kadie

Hello Girls!

Kadie- WOW! I can't believe the housing costs in Miami! My sister and I were born in FL (Jacksonville & Orlando) and we have always wanted to move back. We are coming to Miami in June of 2006 for a "sisters" vacation and we are going to be looking at the real estate there just for fun. Glad you told me, I would have fainted. Good luck with your house hunt! It took my FI and I over a year to find a place in our price range in the neighborhood we wanted but we did it. I will be thinking of you in your search! I hope you had fun on your days at the theme parks! I'm jealous!!

I say we all move to Miami and live in a "newlyweds" community!

Shari- How are your OOT bags coming? You will have to post some pictures and let us know how they turned out!

Are you getting excited?? The big day is coming up!!

I'm still trying to think of gifts for my "would be" bridesmaids.

Yes, you will have to check out Vegas some time. It is a city like no other. So many people, things to see, eat, etc...I'm going there again next year for work so maybe we can coordinate a time and have a drink while we are there? ;)

BTW I have HORRIBLE allergies from June- August. I just started sneezing the other day & I can completly empathize w/ you!! I think that it is worse than having a cold! Hang in there!!

Shelly- Good to talk to you again!I agree with you, Lisa @ TWE is really sweet. I just emailed her yesterday with all of my add-on's. I checked three times to make sure that the email went through. I think that I have OCD when it comes to this wedding stuff. I can't wait to hear back from her!

Guess what? She told me via email that she is pregnant! Isn't that sweet?? We should all wish her all the best with the baby!

I am going to ask about the CD players too. I will let you know what I discover. I will need music!

(Today is the 25th, only 7 months to the day until X-mas! :D)

I am having issues getting on to your webpage on The Knot. I will try again today, I think that something is screwed up w/ my comupter. (Because like I said, it is not me. :rolleyes:) I really would like to see it!

I am curious like Shari, what extra touches did you finally decide on? My FI is so laid back about the whole thing, (sometimes to my frusteration), that I have pretty much decided everything myself.

Anybody's birthday coming up? Just curious...I will be 30 in August! I'm excited! Not dreading it as I thought I would.

Traci- How are you? We are having dinner at Sabatini's too! Although I'm afraid that I will pop out of my dress afterwards! :eek: How is everything else coming along?

Am I the only one getting married @ 11:00 AM? I wanted to wear my dress all day but now I am thinking that I will melt. They will just find a puddle of dark hair and my dress... & I MUST go the the gym tonight! I have been slacking and I have to try on my dress for the first time since the original fitting.

Hugs to you all. I hope you have a great day!!!!!

Hi ladies,

Well, it seems like everyone is doing good. Let me just say this, if anyone has ever thought about a career change do not go into mortgage banking, it will certainly be the death of me! :eek:

Ivy~ Sounds like Vegas is definately a place to visit. My FI and I have tossed around the idea and I think I might just have to put that on the list of 1 yr aniversary trip ideas. You know, it's kinda funny I thought of you today when I noticed the date and x-mas, how funny is that! I will certainly congratulate Lisa on the baby, that is always fun to find out. BTW, my knot web page has been very difficult to get into lately. For some reason it is pulling up info for a lady in Nova Scotia, not sure what is going on. Thanks for trying to take a look.

The final extra touches my FI and I have decided on are:

1 extra dozen roses with lavendar accents in bridal bouquet (Trad. Cascade)

1 Dozen rose bridesmaid bouquet for my mom (also MOH)

2 hours extra photography

the CD Rom of all wedding pictures (Kadie gave me that idea from her review)

DJ for 1 hour reception

1 hour regular recpetion in Skywalkers hopefully (open bar with a little food)

2 tier cake

Salon appt for hair up-do

2 extra boutonniers

2 extra coursages

I think that's everything...so far at least. I still have time add and take away things so I'm sure something will change. :p

Birthday's... Well mine is August 21, I'll be 26. What day is yours in August?

So far I think you are the only one at 11am, I'm the only one a 2pm and everyone else is 3:30.

Shari~ How are ya? Any paperwork yet? You know all of us are getting just as excited as you to hear when you get it! I know the days are counting down, how are you doing with that? Are you starting to feel the nerves more or still relaxed (Or seem to be)? When I get to be as close as you are to the date, I'm going to be going crazy probably checking the mail 3 and 4 times a day.

I know the allergy's can be rough, at least you are able to get some relief it sounds like. Hang in there.

When you get a chance, post the picture of the towels on the bio, I'd love to see them. I have no clue how mine will turn out finally so I'm still crossing my fingers.

I hope your brother had a great birthday!

Traci~ I hope things are going well on the planning side. I keep going into your webpage and looking at everything. It is awesome and my FI loves it too. Of course, what was funny is he said he wished he could have done his proposal similar to your FI's :p . I told him his was just as great for me.

txrn~ Hey there, I hope all is well. How's the planning coming? Anything new and exciting to share? I know with us being similar in the "control" aspect you're probably getting everything in line. BTW, I love cake too. I just hope my FI likes it as much as me cause it's going to be on the "menu" just about every night.

Kadie~ Thank you for the input on the hotel. I just have to see if it's still available now. If you had to say, which hotel would you recommend staying at in FLL. Just trying to get ideas and more options. I know you mentioned the Marriot before..so just checking again.

WOW! I can't believe the home prices down there. Not really that much better up here but still. As I mentioned my FI is trying to get me to agree to move, now...I really don't think that will be happening. I own a home now that will be ours once married so I think I will just sit back and wait things out for a little while. If you don't mind me asking what do you do again? I remember you letting me know you had the ability to go just about anywhere. Just curious.

Okay ladies, someone mentioned in an earlier post about knowing about other brides on their cruise and the thought hit them about "what if they had the same dress or hair etc." the options of what to do to them were really great and made me laugh. Well I found another bride being married on the same cruise as me and now those thoughts are hitting me. Of course, I don't think anyone is crazy enough to pick the same dress but stranger things have happened. I might have to think about the over board thing myself if it happens though (JK);)

Ok...night ladies. Tomorrow is another day with one home closing for a client that I pray goes though, please keep those fingers crossed.

Shelly

Hi Everyone-

BNDGRL-Thanks so much for the encouraging words, I'm sure when the the time is right we'll find the right house. I figure everything happens for a reason, right? We looked at some nice rental houses last night in the neighborhood we want to live in so the outlook isn't looking so bad any longer. We can actually save 1K a month renting a house VS buying a townhome because of the inflated market right now so we'll probably do that and throw the extra money into savings for when we relocated and purchase a home somewhere else. We're not all that crazy about Miami area so by the time we have a baby (3-4 years we're hoping) we want to be moved closer to family (West coast) so it just might all work out.

Shelly-I actually like the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale. It's close to the Renaissance, so it's in a good location and I've never stayed there myself but I've been in the lobby and it's very nice. I know a lot of cruisers stay there. It's the Embassy Suites on 17th Street (if you google Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale it should come right up) and has a very FL feel to it. I don't know if they have shuttle service or not but I would think so. You could probably negotiate a decent group rate too. The Marriott Marina is nice too, beautiful view and it's on the dock, but there aren't as many restaurants and such within walking distance like the EMbassy Suites.

I actually work for a Department of Defence Contractor so we're pretty much anywhere there's a military base, including overseas which makes transferring within our jobs pretty easy. We're probably going to transfer to a location closer to our families and with a lower cost of living in about 3 years or so. I mean we love all there is to do here, but Miami isn't really our ideal place to raise a family, we'd rather be somewhere a little less busy and with less crime, you know?

Well, ladies good luck with your planning! Don't hesitate to ask if you think there's something I can help with!

Kadie

Shelly,

Hi there!! Things here are still going good. I am not feeling stressed out as of yet. I should recieve the paper work in 9 days now. I just sent one of my payments in too. Yay, I can't wait!! I will deffinately post of picture of the towels as soon as I get them.

About the seeing someone in your dress story.................well it happened to me. I was having my last fitting for the alterations on the hem and bustle. Also, this was the first time I finally got to see the blue tie they made for the corset. So I am standing in front of this mirror next to the door that enters the change room area and all of a sudden this girl walks out in the exact same dress. Her mom and grandmother quickly glance over at me and then turned back to say "hey that is a neat idea, we could also add the blue tie to the back." All of a sudden the girl turns around and walks into the change room. She then came out minutes later with a different dress on and says "I think I found it." I still have no clue which one she went with, but it was scary, but it did make me see how much I did love my dress.

Well girls, hope you have a great day. It has been kind of quiet on here. Talk to you all soon!

Shari:p

Hello all! I hope you are all having a great day!!

Shari- WOW! That would be scary to see someone else trying on your dress when you are!! Just remember,you are a TRENDSETTER with your dress!! It is a compliment that other girls want your dress!! Remember, if she is on the cruise, push her off!! JK!! I LOVE your dress, it looks absolutely gorgous on you. That is scary to think that someone would be wearing the same one on the same cruise! I think that it has crossed all of our minds!

I agree w/ Shelly, post pictures of the towels! I can't wait to see what they look like!

Your big day is coming girl!! I'm getting excited for you!! How is your family doing? Are they excited too? I'm glad to hear that you are not feeling stressed out.

Kadie-I believe that everything happens for a reason too. It will work out, but I know that it is frusterating in the mean time. Trust me, I wondered if it was worth looking sometimes! You will find a place! Do you know where you are wanting to move on the West Coast? Any ideas yet?

Shelly- My birthday is on the 19th of August! A fellow Leo!! :cool: What about your FI? When is his B-day? Let me know when your website is up again on The Knot. I would like to sign your book and see your pictures too!:)

I just called Lisa yesterday w/ my add-on's! I still have not heard back from her and I am chomping at the bit! They are not sure if they can get the flowers I want. (Calla-lillies rather than roses) Or the music. (String quartet rather than piano.) but other than that all should be well!

I love the fact that you are adding lavender with the roses! That will be beautiful!

I recommend Vegas just once so you can see it. It is a city like no other. When you are getting ready to go (in a little over a year :) Let me know, I can recommend some places for you to stay, eat, etc...

I must go now! I have to finish this work!!

I hope you all have a great night!

Ivy ~ Sorry I am late getting back to you. I didn't notice either one of your messages yesterday. How are you doing? What's been going on?

Things here are going good. My allergies are doing much better then they have. I usually have the from May - July. Each year so far it's been something different. Last year it was ragweed and fresh cut grass. This year it seems like the cotton or pollen floating around.

I am alittle more excited now as I get to pick up my final cruise documents today from our TA. I can't wait!! I only have a little more to do and then it is all done..........I can sit and relax. I am suppose to get the towles next week as mentioned in a previous post, then all I have to do is get organza bags and I can begin putting the bags somewhat together. I will post a pick when I have everything!

My family is really starting to get excited. I swear I get at least a call every night from my parents and I talk at least once a week with my brothers. Both boys want to do an excursion with FI and I while on the cruise, so we are trying to co-ordinate something. My mom is a little sad that her baby girl, isn't quite a baby anymore, but she knows it is time to let some little things go. I was like some not all! LOL!! She's cute when it comes things like that. The whole family will be together and she will look at everyone from a distance and you automatically know what she is thinking.

FI's parents are really excited too. They can't remember the last time some of the family was all together. It is hard sometimes to get people to commit, especially for a week long cruise. However, for the turnout we have is pretty good. We expected the unexpected and let whatever happen happen. The week is their vacation, our wedding is one day.......

I would deffinately love to meet in Vegas if that were to happen. You never know when we could be in the same place at the same time.

Hope all you girls had a good night. Can't wait to talk to you girls! My birthday is July 26 and FI's birthday is July 12. Another Leo!!

Hello!

Shari! Another Leo?? That is great! Guess what? My FI b-day is July 24th so he is a Leo too! We definately butt heads but it makes things interesting.;) What about you? Do you have any of the typical Leo traits? (Please know that I do not put any serious faith in this but it is fun to see if people are like their signs.)

Today is the day you get your final cruise documents??? YEA!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!! My stomach did a little flip-flop when I read that! I wish that I was getting mine today! How many more days until you leave??

I'm glad to hear that your family is getting excited too!! That is cute that they call you everyday. Before my sister left for her cruise to get married I did the same thing!! Your mom sounds so sweet! I know what you mean by not wanting her to let everything go re: you being her little girl. I was the same way w/ my dad. You always want to be their little girl, with all the perks.;)

We invited everyone that could and/or would, to come with us. So far, it will just be my sister and my FI brother and his girlfriend. We would love for more people to come but we will be gone for a month and it is hard for people to take the time off plus the expense. So we are going to have a reception upon our return. I'm excited that I will be able to wear my dress twice!

How many people total are attanding your cruise?

I submitted my additions to Lisa yesterday and still have not heard anything so I am getting ancy.(sp?) Usually I am a pretty patient person but not with this! I can't wait to hear back from her!!

I hope you all have a great weekend! My sister is moving in w/ us so we will be moving tomorrow. But the rest of the weekend should be pretty relaxing. I have some friends in from out of town so I will be spending time w/ them, yard work, etc...

Hugs to you all again, have a great weekend!!

Good afternoon Ladies,

I haven't logged on in a few days...I've been working on my tan!

I've read a lot about beach towels....are y'all doing towels as gifts?

Thats a great idea! We are doing 2 bottles of wine for each cabin and engraved wine openers. Kind of fun and everyone likes wine, and if they don't I'll take it:D

Shelly, Yes I live in Austin, actually North WestAustin , and I work at Brackenridge. When and why did you leave this awesome place??

As for your questions, I actually have 2 dresses, long story...but one is for sale.

As far as extras go, I/we haven't made any final decisions yet. I would like extra flowers and 3 bridesmaids bouquets and additional photography. We are doing a 2hour cocktail party for our reception followed by dinner in the formal dining room. (its formal night)

I was thinking about adding a cake, we have 60 guests, I need to find something I like and get a quote. A friend of mine just ordered her cake and is paying close to $1000.000 for a simple cake to serve 100.:eek:

I'm open to suggestions......

I'd beetter run. Y'all have a great holiday weekend!!!

Kristin

Hi, all. Just got wrapped up from a crazy week of traveling--phew am I glad that's over because it is Save-the-Date creation weekend. Today marks the 1-year mark til we sail. Not as exciting as Shari receiving her cruise docs--congrats, Shari, but a good feeling none-the-less!

Kadie--i feel your pain on housing prices. FI and I live in a condo in the LA area and all thoughts of even trying to buy a house have gone out the window until after the wedding. Prices are out of control here.

Shelly--thanks for the web site compliment. we love it and I visit it constantly :) Adding some room pics and some others this weekend.

It sounds like most of you have booked extra photog time--is there a limit on how many hours you can book? I'm thinking we need at least 4. If there's a cap at three, one of my BMs is a photographer so it will work out.

My TWE contact has been very unresponsive this week--she must have a lot of weddings to deal with. Still wiating to hear back on spa, cake and flower upgrade prices. Hopefully post-holiday I'll hear from her.

Heading for sushi with FI tonight and I can't wait! We haven't really seen each other all week b/c of work and other activities.

Hope you all have great nights.

~Traci:)

kadie- i'm sending you positive house-hunting vibes....(and thanks for stickin' up for me on the other post! I was pretty upset....should have bit my tongue too, but I didn't....) sheesh. I agree. This forum is nice. The Knot is just nasty in my experience, as far as "community". I have found a lot of general wedding stuff over on http://www.ultimatewedding.com, and a group of nice women over there as well. None of the bashing I found on the knot.

housing costs here are much more palatable, thankfully. We just had our offer accepted on a house! sometimes i hate living in a smaller city (i.e., when the only place you can fly nonstop is Minneapolis or when there isn't even an Olive Garden, let alone a Bed Bath and Beyond!) but the things I am thankful for:

lower crime, absolutely no traffic getting to work (my commute is 4 minutes approximately!), and the cost of living.

Now, I suppose my commute could get faster in the winter when it is icy and I slide all the way there (HUGE negative for someone who loves the sun and such) but overall, it is a good place in many ways.

Cruising Wonder -- I noticed this before but forgot to mention it -- you are in familiar waters for me. Lees Summit is home to some of DH's family and I went to college at CMSU. Spent a lot of time in KC. That is where my wonderful photog. is from, too. I bet he'd go on another cruise if you liked my pictures.......he he. Just say rum and coke and he'd be there!!!! :-) He and his wife renewed their vows on the first sea day. It was a special trip for them too. 10 years married. Never taken a trip without their kids, and certainly never taken a vacation on that scale.

I digress. We make many trips to Lees Summit every year. Maybe we can have dinner/drinks sometime and share photo albums..... :-)

Enough cruise critic time for Lisa today. Back to cleaning. Suddenly the post wedding thank yous and registry completion/exchanges are needing to get done so we can pack! Yikes.

Hope you girls all had a great weekend. It was really nice to have FI home for 3 days straight. We don't get that very often, so we tried to get some things done. On Saturday we went and got the suits fitted and we also picked out the shirt and ties. I am glad that is done.

Ivy ~ Wow, July birthdays!! I will also have to celebrate for him then. I guess you could say I have the stubborn trait of the Leo, but unfortunately mine stands down as I let FI take the cake on that one. LOL!!

Well...... I picked up my final documents and gave my TA some flowers for all her hard work. She deserved it! She is mailing the rest of the guests theres. We leave in 30 days and I can't wait!! I am getting so excited!! We have 20 people going with us. This reminds me, I also have to call TWE later today too.

How did the moving go on the weekend? I love that you get to wear your dress twice. We were going to have an AHR but we opted out just because it would take so much to have one where I am from and not many people from each side would be able to come. So it is better just to have the one on the ship as the people who are there can enjoy it.

Kristin ~ I think what you are doing for your gift sounds great. My mom would deffinately love those. She loves wine, but then again so do I. LOL! We are doing the towels as it goes along with our OOT bags. I can't wait I get them this week!! Hope things are going well!

Traci ~ You will have to let us know how things turned out with the response to your questions from TWE. Also, how did your save the dates turn out? What type did you do?

I love sushi, I wish I could have come!! Kidding, I know I can't.:(

Lisa ~ Hey girl, how did the thank you's and returns go on the weekend? Was there a wait with it being a holiday and all?

I would love to get together and have lunch or dinner some time when you are in town. That would be so exciting. Can't wait to see your album too. We could just meet up at a place we both know. I have only been in Lee's Summit for three years now, but I like to think I know my way around. I absolutly love it here.

Anyways girls, I am going to go on my walk soon, so I will talk to you all later. Hope you all had a great memorial day!!

Hello girls!

I hope that everyone is well! Did you all have a long Memorial weekend?

Yesterday (this is so bad) I did not get off the couch all day!! It was my first day off in three weeks and it was sooo nice! I felt a little guilty today but it was worth it! I hope the rest of you had a more productive day yesterday than I did!

I still have not heard back from TWE re: the additions to my ceremony, music, flowers, etc... I eagerly opened up my email this AM, eyes scanning for anything regarding it with no such luck! So I patiently bide my time...Only 199 more days until we leave!! I know that lots of you are closer than I am (SHERI esp.!!) so you are probably a little more excited than I am!!

Shari-30 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!Are you beside yourself w/ excitement? Unusually calm?? I'm so exited for you!! I can't wait to see pictures of the towels!!

We will be celebrating on your birthday as well!!(Drinks for all!!;)

That is so nice that you sent your TA flowers!! My TA stayted w/ my FI and I late one night after her daughter had surgery that same day! I sent her a Thank-you card the very next day! I felt bad for even being there when I felt she should be w/ her daughter but she was so sweet. Plus the constant calling and "double-checking" I'm sure is driving her crazy!

Traci- I have not heard from Lisa @ TWE either! (As I mentioned above) I'm dying!! Please let us know what happens!

I do not think that there is a limit as to how many photography hours you can book. . Thank-God because I plan on being photographed my entire trip. HAHAH!!:D JK!! I have not heard anyone mention a limit so you are probably OK. MMMM...I love Sushi!!! I just had some on Saturday...YUMMY!!

Lisa- That is so horrible that there was "bashing" on The Knot! What happened?? I have not see/heard anythign like that but I have not spent any time on their boards. Why would people do that??

Thank-you for the "ultimate wedding" mention, I will check it out!

Kristin- I love your OOT idea too! Just as an FYI, if you wind up w/ too much wine let me know, I'm happy to take some of it off your hands!!;)

What does your dress look like?? Are you wearing a veil??

The cocktail party sounds like fun!!

Kadie- Let us know about the house hunting, any news???

I'm off here in just a bit! I must run to the store and buy my kittens some more food and some treats!!

Hope everyone has a great night!!

Hi, everyone!

Phew, the last five days have been a whirlwind between work and other activities. Finally have a break to catch up on some CC time.

Shari - I am so excited for you. the T-29 day countdown :)

Ivy- I think it's great that you took a day for yourself--you deserve it. I did hear back from Jamala at the Wedding Experience yesterday and learned that her last day is Friday, but there was no mention of who will be taking over. She did say she could book my hair appts. now, but when i replied to tell her the times, she hasn't written back. I've tried calling three times this morning, but no answer--I'll keep trying. Nothing like stalking :) I'm also trying to set-up an in person visit per Kadie's suggestion. I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable after meeting the TWE people in person and touring the ship. Hoping to coordinate it with a visit to one of my BMs that lives in Florida.

We tried to complete our save-the-dates this weekend, but ran into a printer issue at my friend's house. Looking at other options and hoping to complete them this weekend. Here's the final PDF http://kantowski.com/passportfinal.pdf to give you an idea of how it looks--little passport book and the back is a magnet. I punched two holes on each side and tied a matching ribbon. A couple of the pages shifted when converting to a PDF from Adobe InDesign. The printed mock-up looks good though albeit some minor bleeding of font color--that's what we're trying to fix :D

I'm thinking positive thoughts for all.

Traci

I must have good CC karma going because I just talked to Jamala--she's really sweet. I booked hair appointments for my bridesmaids and me, our dinner at Sabatini's and three extra hours of photography! And, Lisa will be my new coordinator. Still waiting on flower estimates, but that's no rush.

Also learned that I can do a tour of the ship--I just need to choose a Sat. and let the coordinator know and we get a two-hour tour! Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?!?!??!?!:D For anyone else considering this, you can bring up to 4 people with you, and you just need to choose the embarkation day and coordinate with TWE. She said the tour is ~2 hours, although Kadie said hers was about 4.

~Traci

Good Morning Ladies,

I went on a tour of the Grand in April...it was a great experience. Before you book check and see if there are any large groups going aboard that day, there were about 200 TA's when I went and you could tell it was causing some "strain" on the crew. I met with the on board coordinator who will be there for my wedding and was able to see some of the locations available to us for the ceremony. I was nice to see things in real life and get a good perspective of how things will be. I even had an offer for an alternate groom, should my FI back out!:D

Ivy~ send me your e-mail and I will show you my dress....FI reads this board and I don't want him to see it!

Have a great day.

Kristin

Traci!!I LOVE your passports!!!!!!!! That is so great!!!! What a creative idea!!

How long did it take you to complete it? I wish that all passports had great pictures and descriptions like that! ;)

I'm glad that you talked to Jamala and that you have some answers now! I laughed out loud at your comment of "nothing like stalking", I feel the same way! I have the same things confirmed. My sister's and my hair appointments (8:00am!!:eek: I better not drink the night before!!), nails, photography,

& dinner @ Sabatini's. I'm still waiting for confirmation on the flowers & music but like you said, that can wait.

Just as an FYI, I've been dealing w/ Lisa and she is really sweet. So patient and always nice.

That would be sooooo exciting to have a tour before the sail date!! The Diamond was docked here in Seattle a few weeks ago. It took everything I had to NOT go see it!! I would not have ben able to have a tour so I would have just had to stare from a distance and it would have driven me crazy! So I strapped myself down and siphoned the gas from my car so that I could not go and see it!;)

I hope you have a great day!!

Hugs to everyone!!

Hi Ladies-

Traci-I think our tour was only scheduled to be 2 hours too, but since I like to chat, had lots of questions and we had lunch it just went to 4 hours kind of by loss of time. :) Basically, they aren't going to kick you off right when their watch hits 2 hours, at least Alba didn't. She was very gracious with her time and made sure we saw everything we wanted which was great. The one on one face time with her was the best part of it I think.

Well, our house hunting isn't going so well. :( Hardly anything is hitting the market (people can't afford to upgrade here because housing costs have jumped 100-200% in some areas in 3 years) and what is, is out of our price range. Our landlord wants to move back into our townhome (since he can't afford to buy another place either) so we have to move regardless. We're currently looking at rental houses, so hopefully we can find one soon. It's very stressful and frustrating. Can't wait to get the move over with and get back to our newlywed bliss.

Is anyone buying the "soon to be Mrs......." sweatsuit? I bought one and loved it, wore it a couple of times before the wedding and wear it around the house sometimes. I also bought a "Just Married" T shirt that is adorable. I wore it the day after the wedding (all the guests kept stopping me who had seen the wedding and congratulating us) and have worn it several times since. Just some fun stuff and was curious if anyone else is cheesy like me and going to buy those things. :)

Shari-She we start a countdown til your wedding??? Oh wait, I think I see one on another post. So, we're T29 days and counting then, right???

Talk to you all soon!

Kadie

Hey girls, glad to hear you all had a good weekend. Ours was pretty good too. We managed to get out on Saturday to get the suits fitted. I must say FI's dad and him were looking pretty fancy. I can tell I am going to be sooo excited seeing them as I walk down the aisle.

So I finished finalizing things for the wedding and I changed my ceremony location. It is now in the chapel and I have asked for the complimentary web cam. I can't wait, now the rest of my family can see it.

Ivy ~ I was starting to stress out a little today, but thanks to Kadie I am ok now. I can't wait! Only a month left until we leave. My family is over joyed with excitement. It will be so good to see them. No towels today, hopefully by friday I can post something.

Traci ~ I love your save the dates. They are absolutely fabulous. You seem to have great ideas. Have fun on your tour of the ship if you are able to co-ordinate it. Take pictures!!

Kadie ~ Hey girl long time no talk. Tee hee!! I am officially at 33 days today until the actual day, but I am 29 until I actually leave. I can't wait. I will email you some pictures once I get everything for my OOT bags. Still waiting on the one thing.

Well girls, I will talk to you all later and hope you all had a great day!! I think it is almost time to get dinner ready. Yumm!!!:p

shari -- we will have to plot a lunch/dinner meeting once you get back and have pics so we can share! You are getting so close.....you know that feeling once you get to the top of the hill on a big roller coaster. Think of today as the top.....it is going to go FAST from here on out!!!!!

i like the KC area too. Always fun to visit! Where did you move there from?

i totally got NOTHING done on the thank yous and returns....the best laid plans. i got about 4 thank yous done......fortunately, i did all the shower ones promptly and some wedding ones ahead of time, for gifts we got way in advance, but it is still quite a list.....i didn't even think about the holiday traffic at the stores. glad we didn't make the trip. (Again, living in the boonies means 90 minute drive to Bed Bath and Beyond!) We do have a target here, at least! Crate and Barrel (our third registry) is probably a 5 hr drive at least. Argh. But, kadie, thinking of what you are going through with the housing market, I am thankful. :-( I hope something good turns up. I'm nervous about our inspection tomorrow. I hope there isn't anything too dramatic wrong. RE: Mrs. Hoodie, etc....I liked yours from the pics -- I seriously considered it but then just never got it ordered. I did sleep in one of our wedding t-shirts a couple nights. :-)

bndgrl -- i liked the knot's website feature (which I discovered thanks to kadiebug's fabulous webpage!) but other than that, the boards seemed sort of, ah, off topic and not very welcoming to actual wedding/bridal inquiries. this wasn't across the board, of course, but enough of it that it wasn't a useful too. add to that that i saw a lot of nastiness and such and I was glad I discovered ultimate wedding....didn't experience the same thing there at all....just my experience.

Ladies -- i know shari's date, but can everyone repeat their date in their next post. i get confused so easily! :-)

Have a great night! I wish everyone lots of good planning vibes!

Lisa,

Don't worry I know you will get your thanks yous done and out in no time. I was quick on my shower thank yous and on the gifts we have gotten already for the wedding.

I will officially move to KC after the wedding. Right now I am back and forth from Canada. I must say it is different when moving to not only a different city, but also a different country. I have been travelling back and forth now for the past three years and can't wait to live here. I say it is my home now anyways. I absolutly love it. My favorite place so far is the plaza.

Where in KC is your husband from? Hope to talk to you soon!!:p

shari -- i bet that is a transition! DH is actually from Illinois-side of St. Louis, but he has an aunt/uncle/cousins and a grandmother in Lees Summit. My former SIL lives in Independence, and pretty much every sorority sister and college friend of mine from CMSU (Warrensburg) lives in the general KC area.

I love the Plaza too!!! We try to have dinner down there when we visit. (And shop!) My favorite store is Restoration Hardware. My other favorite thing about KC is Crown Center -- I am a huge Hallmark-lover, too, and it is fun to shop and such down there. Most of my pre-bridals were taken at Union Station in KC, and at the memorial across the street. :-) Best mall in KC is Oak Park (on Kansas side) -- just my opinion, of course. I miss it a little at times. Except, sadly I am not a Chiefs fan, which is a stigma in that town!

Sorry for hijacking the thread. :-)

Lisa ~ My FI and I love to go to Oak Park on the weekends. Sometimes we go just to get out and walk around. I haven't been to Crown Center yet, but I want too. I hear all about the movies in the park there during the summer. Hopefully, I will catch one of those this time around. I have never been to a movie in a park, only a drive-in.

When I first came here I wasn't a baseball or a football fan, but I must say it is working on me. We have gone to a couple of games that have been really enjoyable. My most favorite is the Kansas City Speedway. We have gone to indy and the busch series. I grew up watching racing with my dad, but had never seen one in real life, until I came here. FI got them the first chance he could. Man I am spoiled!! He is so good to me.

Independence area isn't that far from us at all. We are kind of on the border of Lee's Summit and Independence.

Talk to you soon!:p

Hello! Does everyone have fun plans for the weekend? I hope everyone is well!

Tonight I will be going to dinner & a movie w/ a girlfriend. Not sure what we will see...Tomorrow one of my friends will be graduating from Med. school so we have her graduation to attend. The ceremony is going to be LONG. The ceremony is 4 hours and then we are off to her parents house for a celebratory lunch.

I'm not too sure what to get her. I'm trying to find a really "different" book ot give her, something like "weird skin diseases" but no such luck so far. I will keep looking!

I finally heard back from Lisa @ TWE!! The flowers I requested will be ok!

I have 12 calla-lillies ($120!! :eek:) and my sister has 6 mini calla-lillies ($80!!:eek:)

I hope that they are healthy and pretty! I also have a confirmed manicure. YEA!! They are still working on the music though. I HOPE that we are able to have more than a piano player...Does anyone else (that is getting married on the ship) have more than a piano? Just curious...

Shari- It is almost time sweetie!! 27 days?? I'm excited for you!! Any towel news??

Kadie- Any home news yet? I'm sending good thoughts your way! Yes, I did buy some "Soon To Be..." stuff! A sweatshirt! I also bought some sweat pants to match that say "Bride" (I got a matching one for my sister that says "bridesmaid" so we will match.) I also bought her a matching sweatshirt w/ her married name on it but she is in the process of getting a divorce at the moment so she can not wear it anymore. (It is strange, she is getting a divorce and I am getting married. We are at very different points in our life right now even though we are only 18 months apart.)

I also bought three tank tops to wear on the ship that say "Mrs. Spenny". They (Custom Glam Girl) had a TON of colors and designs to choose from.

I really had good luck w/ them. So yes, I am cheesy too...:D

Lisa- Thanks for asking everyone to post their wedding dates again. I'm going to write them all down so that I will remember. Jeff and I get married on 12/23/05 but we leave for our trip 12/16/05. We have a few days in Singapore to get adjusted to the time change before we board the ship. Thank-God! I want to be awake for the ceremony!;)

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Talk to you all soon!!

Archived