Hey Diving Bride

Hi, everyone. I'm staying with my mom this week as she just had surgery (of the elective kind) and she's on dial-up, so CruiseCriticing is not as easy. One obj. is to switch her over to the modern era while I'm here.

Thank you all for the kind words on our save-the-dates. They were a ton of work to do the original set-up, but have been pretty easy to manage now that I have the template. Ivy, if you want to create some, please let me know and I can probably help :)

I'm trying to schedule my ship tour for early August, and I'll post pics and feedback as soon as I get back.

My idea of the week and I'd appreciate all of your thinking. For favors, I'm thinking about placing frames on the tables with a voucher for a photo from the trip and some note about hoping the pic will help them remember the trip and how much having them attend means to us. Extremely tired so wording is clearly off--would love feedback on that as well.

Thanks, everyone. I hope you have great weekends!

Traci

Hi ladies,

Well time is going by soooo fast now. I think I've put a little more stress on Lisa at TWE when I sent her my "book" of questions and pictures. She emailed me back and let me know she would email me all answers and quotes as soon as possible. Sorry it's been a little while, my computer crashed and I had to go buy a new one...not an expense I was planning for. :eek:

Shari~ how are ya girl? I know it's T-28 (I think I counted out right) till the big day. How is everything going? Hopefully you are remaining calm, I know I'm not when I think about it for you:D . I see you are now in the chaple, you will have to let me know how that works out. Mine is in the chaple too. Did you have to request the web-cam special? I have a lot of people not going that would love to see it on the computer. Any news on the towels yet? I should be getting mine while you are getting married. I will send some pictures to you via e-mail once I get them. The Knot has my bio and everything completely messed up so I can't do anything with it till they fix it so...I hope you are doing well, I've missed talking with you.

Kristen~ You live in Austin??? I was born there and all my family is in Austin/Rockdale/Roundrock area. From what I understand all that is now kinda blending together. I miss it there so much. I actually only lived there till about 2 yrs old, but have visited often (few times each year) for family and such. I moved around a lot when I was little due to my dad being in the Navy and so how landed in Virginia. Go figure! Anyway, I am very familiar with Brackenridge. I so wish I was there now, but don't see that happening anytime soon.

WOW $1000 for a cake for 100, wheew:eek: . I only have a total of 14 of us so I don't need anything that big, yet from all the info I'm getting from everyone that may still run 200 for a cake for 30-50. Kadie let me know she thought the dimensions on the cake provided was something like 16 inches. I may end up sticking with that and having them decorate it. BTW, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see your dress too, could you send me a picture sestrong821@hotmail.com.

Kadie~ Any more news on the house hunt for buying or renting? I know it is tough down there, my soon to be MIL is down there now with her mom and she was looking to see what was available just out of curiosity. She said builders have people on waiting lists to get into homes, which is amazing to me, being that up here are plenty of homes and building going on. Although, come to think of it, they can't build them fast enough up here either.

Thank you for the info on the hotels. I will be talking with my TA this week to book the hotel. I think, after talking with everyone we may be looking at the Marriot on the dock. Everyone is excited to see the ships when they get up on embarkation day from their rooms so that one won out over the others.

My future FIL works as the Director of Indian Affair here in Washington, be just moved over from the Bureau of Prisons. He was mentioning to me that when you work with the governement you can pretty much go anywhere, so I am thinking that will probably be a big help for you guys. I was learning some info about Miami and have to say I agree with you on the family issue and raising kids there.

You know, I was actually thinking about buying the soon to Mrs. sweatsuit however I got to thinking it may be too hot for it. What do you think, Mid Sept? Do you think it would be too hot? That is the only reason I was holding off on ordering it. Any advise? Well, I hope thing start looking up for you on the house hunt so you can get back to your newlywed ways :D

Traci~ The passports look awesome! I wish I would have sent out something like that. Instead I sent out a "message in a bottle". It was still pretty cool, but your idea and the way it is done up is awesome.

I hope your mom is doing well. I know that is a stressful time when a loved one is recovering. My future MIL had surgery earlier this year and I was a wreak during her recovery in the hospital. Like I said I hope she is doing well, and that you are able to get her on the "modern era" soon.

I think the idea with the picture frame is great. I think everyone would love to have something like that to remember the trip by. You may even be able to put along with it a disposable camera so they are able to take photos themselves. I know a few guests of mine have talked about that and said they'd love to be able to take their own pictures too. It kinda goes along with the theme.

Sounds like planning is going well, with appointments and all. Lisa with TWE is great! I am working with her too, and so far it's been wonderful. She has not always been the fastest with answers, but I think it's because she is working so hard on a lot of weddings. She has been a wonderful help and if she doesn't know the answer she will search it out. I hope you have as good of time with her as I have!

Ivy~ Sounds like answers are starting to come in. WOW $120 for the calle lillies. They are so pretty though. Any other news on the planning side?

Well believe it or not Vegas is booked for next June! We booked at the one that is like Venice don't remember the name off hand. It will be me and by that time hubby, my parents and his parents. We are all very close which is such a great thing (so far:rolleyes: ) Can anyone say "Everybody Loves Raymond" I am trying to avoid that (living across the street thing) so far so good. LOL JK

We are only a few days apart on the birthday thing. FI is 11/07 Scorpio. No butting of heads (but not married yet JK) He is great guy and to think, we were "in front" of each other all the time and we never knew it.

I hope all is well and that the planning is going smoothly. You certainly had more strength than I would have with the ship so close by. I know I would have been down there one way or another.

By the way someone mentioned before posting the dates of the weddings again. Mine is on Sept 18th at 2:00 in the Chapel. So far I am the only showing a 2:00 wedding. I hope everyone enjoys their day today!

Talk with you guys soon!!

Night ladies

Hope you girls had a great weekend. FI and I picked up the suits on Saturday and I must say they did a great job tailoring. Both my FI and his dad looked great. On Sunday we went to the Royals game and it was hot out. They were losing 5 to 0 in the 5th inning, so we decided to leave. FI and I got alittle red sitting where we were. Let me tell ya the pool was nice and refreshing afterwards.

Ivy ~ Looks like you are starting to get things done. Yay!! I am so excited for you. I can't believe how much it is for Calla Lilies, but then I have a general idea as I am having white lilies. I have noticed the things you really want, you will spend the money for. Nope no towel news as of yet. I wish I knew something. Maybe today I will. Good luck with the rest of planning. How did the dinner and a movie go with your friends?

Traci ~ Hope you had a good weekend and hope your mom is doing ok. How is she recovering? I think your idea for the favors is really good. The more I listen to you girls the more I get ideas, although it's a shame I can't use some now. I am happy with what I have come up with. I think your guests will appreciate the idea of a voucher.

Shelly ~ Hey girl, what have you been up too? I tried messaging you on MSN last Friday, but I didn't get an answer. It showed that you were away but ya never know. Mine always shows that, even when I am here. Tee hee! Unfortunately no towel news yet. I am going to email them today to see how things are going. I will let you know later. Other then this, I am doing good. No stressful situation as of yet. It's funny when I hear certain things, usually it could be something that would bother me, but right now I have just been letting them roll off my chest. My mom says she is proud of me, because sometimes this is just what you have to do.

About the chapel I did ask for the complimentary web cam to be set up. You have to ask or it won't. TWE is going to email me the time zone and I will let you know. This way if you are near a computer you can watch it, or at least be able to see how it works.

What's on everyone's agenda for today? I have to go and pick up some things for the wedding. I will be on here later though. Hope you all have a great day. Talk to you all soon!!:p

25 days till we leave on the Caribbean Princess!!

28 days until our wedding day!!

Hi Everyone,

Well, we FINALLY found a place to rent. It's a nice house in a very nice community and they owners are willing to put up a fence for us so our little dog can come and go through his dog door as he pleases. We are so glad that we're done looking at houses for a while. It's been so long since we've had time that didn't have to be totally dedicated to looking at places. Now I can concentrate a little harder on my summer Photography Courses which are a blast.

Here are some pics of the place if anyone's interested :) http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EekNm7Fo2bsfu

Shelly-I think you'll be very pleased with the Marriott Marina. When I was a flight attendant we used to stay at this hotel when laying over in Ft Lauderdale and I always enjoyed it. You'll need to make sure and ask for rooms on the port side so everyone can wake up and see the ship! :) So fun, can't wait for our next vacation. We considering a short cruise for our 1 year anniversary, then 1 year from now we're cruising Europe! (or at least shopping for a cruise)

I loved the "soon to be Mrs" gear I bought. It was so much fun to embrace the whole "bride" thing, I loved it and I think other people got a kick out of it too. I wasn't too hot in my sweatsuit because I wore it during my practice hair run and during the morning of the wedding, in both cases I was in the AC of the ship so I was actually glad to have the suit on. I did have a little "bride" T shirt for the day of embarkation which was fun and then the "Just Married" t shirt for the day after the wedding. I loved it all and think it will be fun for my future daughter in law to wear the sweatjacket one day! (if it lasts that long LOL)

Shari- How many days are you at now????? It's getting so close, I'm getting so excited for you!!!!

Kadie,

By the sounds of it you had a good weekend. I am so happy that the two of you found a place to rent!! Yay!!! It looks like a really nice place. That spot with the bench and two palm trees would have to be one of my favorites. I would sit out there every day if I could. I can't imagine walkng out into my backyard and seeing palm tress. Maybe one day (daydreaming)!!:p

The floor plans of the house make it look really spacious. When do you move in? I bet you have lots of packing to do too. Can't wait to see a picture of what Christmas will be like there this year. I still have your old tree pictures in my email.

Hope to talk to you soon!:p

25 days till we leave on the Caribbean Princess!!

28 days until our wedding day!!

Hi Shari,

I can't believe you're down to 25 days!!!! I'm so hoping everything turns out perfectly for you. We really like the house, wish we could buy it but it would cost 500K + to purchase in this market and we can rent it for around 1600 so that works for us. We'll just continue to stash away the difference between the rent and what we planned to pay for a mortgage payment and if/when the right place comes along we'll jump on it. Love the palms with the shade, that's our favorite part. I guess we get so used to palm trees here, we simply see them as a shade opportunity, but they really are pretty. I'm sure out little guy (our dog) will love it, so much more space to run than our tiny townhouse backyard. :)

The floor plan was a preliminary drawing from before the house was built, so the actual house differs a tiny tiny bit. Basically, each room is about 1 foot to 2 feet smaller than the floor plan says, and the master bedroom is flipped, other than that it's the same. Normally 2 people wouldn't need all the space, but we have out of town and overnight guests 6-10 times a year so the spare guest room is a must and we have 4 computers (husband is a computer nerd) so the 3rd room we use as an office. My favorite thing is the family room (oh yeah, there's no 4th bedroom like in the floor plan), that whole area is all the family room). It's so spacious, cozy and open to the backyard and the kitchen. Wish we could buy the place. Oh well, in time.

LOL, I totally forgot about trading tree pictures. I'm such the holiday person, I have a major Halloweeen Party every year (will have to share some pics of that as it's a blast) and always buy the biggest tree I can because Christmas is my fav.

Have you started to make lists yet? I remember when I got down to like 20 days I was up to my eyeballs in lists! LOL When you start to stress just think about how once you board, it's a drink of the day and as you sail away you leave all your worries and stress on land. :)

Any more pics of your wedding goodies to share?

Well, another day down. You know, I read something today that made me completely flip! I had never thought about this the way I saw it written and well...:eek: On the "Roll Call" board set up here for our cruise someone wrote about "14 weeks till we sail". I saw that and my heart went to my throat. I guess everyone looks at things differently. I have seen 103 days or 3 months and I'm fine but the 14 weeks thing...oh my goodness!!!! Call me crazy I guess, I mean I know the wedding date and today's date, just never thought of it like that.

I got an email from Lisa a TWE today and she answered most of the questions I had. I am feeling so much better now. I'm still waiting to hear back on the quotes for the flowers and cake. She did tell me something that I thought I read couldn't be done though. She is getting the cake quote using the package cake as one of the tiers. Just FYI I guess, might help with the cost if we request that to be done.

Shari~ Sorry about Friday on MSN. Usually it is pretty acurate. I try to change it to show what's going on and where I am. But, like you said you never know. I will be looking out for you so feel free anytime. I'd love to chat live!

Ok, so tell me your secret!! How are you staying calm? As you probably read above I had my first flip attack (of many I'm sure) today. I hope I am able to remain sane when I am as close as you are. ;) It sounds like everyone is on their way to looking great. I have seen your pictures and already know you'll be beautiful so. Do you feel like just about everything is in line ans on track? I hope so.

The toast is still set up and I'm so excited for you! Talk with ya soon.

Kadie~ YEAH!!! you found a place to rent and it's beautiful. I showed my Fi tonight and was drooling at the pictures. I knew he loved Miami, but wow, he kept going over and over them with me. I love it! It looks like a lot of room and a great place. I hope you guys are happy with it. So, now just some packing and moving then resetting up then back to the newlywed ways. :D

Well, new news on the hotel. The Marriot was booked so we ended up at the Renaissance (sp?) I have pulled all kinds of info off the web for it and it looks great, huge, but great. There is certainly nothing here in our smallish town like that. :p I saw it even has a spa, I guess I know where I'll be working off the stress and anxiety the day and evening before we sail. By any chance have you heard of a restaurant by the name of "Mai Kai"? My Future FIL and MIL dined there for there engagement and wanted to take everyone there for dinner. They said it is a polynesian (sp?) resaurant kinda like you find in Hawaii.

I have decided on buying the "Soon to Be Mrs" sweatsuit. I will wear it for the morning of the wedding and such. Then I am having one done here in town for my mom that says "Mother of the Bride and MOH" I wanted her to have something cute to wear too. She is so excited now.

Have fun with the packing and getting set up in your new place. Talk with you soon.

Ivy~ Thank you for signing my guestbook online! I was so excited to see the email alert that someone signed it. I hope everything is going well and planning is coming right along.

You know it's funny to see the times everyone posts. Shows how much of a different schedule we are all on. :p

Well, time to get something quick to eat and head off to bed. I will talk with you ladies a little later.

Night all

Shelly

Hello ladies! How is everyone doing?

Shari- 24 days to go!!? How are you doing? Still hearing from your family everyday? I'm glad that you are able to relax about things that would normally bother you. I'm not sure if I will be able to be that calm! How do you do it? A drink a day? ;)

I'm happy to hear that the suits look great on the guys!

Are they wearing a specific color for their ties? Or are they wearing tuxes? We already know that you are going to look gorgous! I hope that we can see a picture when you get back!

Jeff still has to get his tux. We are still not sure what color he should get for his tie/cummerbund. We need to get my sisters bridesmaid dress first and then go from there. We do not have any colors in mind. My sister had me wear a dress that was not flattering on me at all!! Bad color on me, too formal for the time of day, etc...So I always tease her and tel her that I am going to make her wear a huge bow on her behind w/ puffed sleeves. I would never do that but it is fun to tease her.

Any word on the towels yet? Keep us posted!

Shelly-How are you? I was so happy that I FINALLY was able to see your website! I LOVED it! That is a great picture of the two of you! I loved your story, I almost cried (I got a little teary) when I read about the proposal. What a great memory to have.

I know what you mean about you getting freaked out. I have lots of lists (just like Kadie;)) and sometimes when I look at them I have an attack too!! I freaked out one day and was a total wreck for about an hour. I just kept saying "how are we supossed to do this"? It was started by something stupid too, like cleaning the kitchen or folding laundry and me feeling I did not have enought time. Good grief, what is that?? But everytime I hear from Lisa and realize that one more thing is taken care of, I feel better.

I hope you enjoy your "Soon To Be" outfit. I got soooo excited and nervous when I got mine! They are so cute!

Thanks for letting me know that you have to request the web-cam to be on, I thought it was always on!

What did you want to have done that you can't now?? (RE: TWE?)

Just curious...

I'm waiting to hear back from Lisa about the music. Cross your fingers for me! But I do feel better everytime I hear from her and something else gets crossed my list! :p

Kadie- I LOVE LOVE LOVE your apartment. I'm so happy that you found a place and it looks so spacious!! It sounds from the amount of guests you have throughout the year along w/ your husbands 4 (WOW 4) computers that you will use it! I showed my FI hoping that he will finally agree w/ my sister and I and we can move down there. I want palm trees in my yard too!! What is the name/ago of your dog?

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your photography classes. Is that what you are planning on doing for your career?

Traci- How is your mom? Doing well I hope!

I love the ideas for the favors! Everyone would love to have a picture. My friend guessed at the # of pictures that she thought she might need and it was not enough but this will give everyone a picture. Great idea!!

I'm still trying to think of a clever announcement and ideas for gifts for my "would-be" bridesmaids...I have a little time still so I'm going to keep looking.

Thanks for offering to help w/ the save the date template. I may take you up on it!! I need all the help I can get! ;)

I hope you are getting your mom into the modern era while you are there! My dad was the same way. I never had call waiting until I moved out and he never had a cell phone either. It was pretty funny/ frusterating!

Kristin- Thanks for the pictures! I love your dress!! The color is great and it is very classy. It looks a little like mine, no wonder I like it! The back is gorgous!. (That is all I will say as your FI reads this...) You have great taste!! How is the rest of the planning coming??

Ok ladies, I was all excited because I found this little CD holder that also doubled as a player for travel and I just got online so that I could send everyone the link (to solve the problem of us not having music in our rooms) and it is GONE!!!!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited!!!!!!! I will keep looking!!

Hugs to all, I must get going now! I hope everyone has a great day!!

Ladies,

What are y'all doing for Tuxes (sp). Are you using the cruise line formal people?

Kadie: who did you use? Your house in amazing. We are lucky to live in Austin, where the housing is very affordable!

Ivy: I'm glad you like the dress, you are the only one who has seen it other then my bestfriend and my Mom.

I sent an e-mail to TWE last week and haven't heard back....I'm waiting on flower quotes and a cake quote.

Not much else going on with my planning. I did start a "boot camp" type workout program last week, its kicking my butt....only 11 more weeks to go!

That said, off the the gym.

Kristin

Hi again! (I'm actually really busy at work right now but I just love talking to all of you :p

Kristin-I LOVE your dress. (I just had to tell you that again) Thanks for letting me see it!! ;) Are you having any alterations done?

Good for you for going to the gym!! What type of workout are you doing? I need to start asap and I WAS good about going but now I have slacked off...Do you have a trainer? I would love to get one but I get really intimidated when I think aobut it! The trainers in my gym are very MACHO and they stalk all the women in thongs...creepy. There are only a few women and they seem to come and go pretty regularly. So I'm a little unsure of what to do.

As far as the tuxes go Jeff is just going to buy one. We estimated that it would be about $250-$300 for him to rent one and he can buy one for about the same price. NOt that we go to a TON of formal places but his weight is pretty consistent and sometimes it is fun to have one so we decided to go with that.

Hope this helps and I hope you had an great butt-kicking work out!!!!!!!

We've hit the modern era! I got my mom's cable modem and wireless network set-up today and life is good! So much to catch up on and now I actually can :) And, mom is doing much better, so it's nice to spend time with her and I'm glad I'm here to take care of her.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the photo favor idea--i think we'll go with that and one more thing to check off the list! Hooray, because I've done nothing else for the wedding since i've been in ohio. Working on save-the-dates as soon as I get back!

Shari, I can't believe your wedding is sooo close--that's so exciting!

txrn--I'm still trying to figure out the tux situation. Kadie passed along the guy she got hers from, but I haven't heard back from him yet--may be b/c I'm almost a year out :) I'm also looking into buying fabric and having a seamstress make the vests and ties in colors to match the bridesmaids wraps--may create a more unified look since I'm letting them choose their own dresses. If you find a good deal, please let me know, and I'll do the same for you!

Kadie--your house is SOO cute. I love it.

Have a good night everyone!

Traci

Hi girls, how are things going? Sorry about not replying sooner. I was out of a computer yesterday as FI had to take it into work to get it reformated. It kind of did a little crash on me, but it up and working better then ever today. :p

Kadie ~ So far I haven't taken pictures of anything else as I am not completely finished, but when I do i will send you some.

Shelly ~ To tell you the truth I really don't know how I am staying this calm. I guess you could say it's because of the people around me and their excitement. I just don't think I could compete. Lol!! Also, I think if I don't let things run off my chest then I could be one very stressed out girl. I don't want that. Someone told me to "enjoy being engaged and enjoy planning because it is over all too quickly." Just remember to relax and have fun, cause don't worry I know you will get things done whether it is 103 days or 14 weeks.

I confirmed everything with TWE yesterday and was sent the confirmation letter as well. We went over it last night and signed it. I just have to fax it back today and then I am finalized. Yay!!! I can't wait!

Ivy ~ Hey girl, what have you been up to lately? It's funny you should ask, I talked to my mom twice yesterday. She is just the cutest and so is my dad. He is very excited and happy for me. I am still as calm as I was before (see my reply to Shelly). I will deffinately try to post some pictures when I get back.

For the ties we are doing a platinum silver as my MOH's dress is ice blue. I wanted something I know they could wear again. The suits are black and the shirts we are using are white.

Lol!! That is too funny about the bow and the puffed sleeves. If I had one lying around that would have been the first thing I brought out. Well.........at least until we went shopping for the actual dress. Tee hee! I know you will find the right one you probably have in your mind that suits your taste and your sisters.

About the towels, I emailed them the other day and they told me that the color I chose is back ordered on all towels. I asked them when they were going to let me know and he said today if they didn't come in. He put a rush order on them and I am the first to go into production. So I should have them by next week if things go as planned. It's still not bad. No worries :p

Kristin ~ I want to see your dress too!! Lol! Sorry I am being nosey. Congrats on the working out. I have been trying everyday and so far have lost 5 pounds. I guess I just have to keep it up. 23 more days until we leave.

Traci ~ Glad to hear that your mom is doing much better. I was thinking about the both of you. If you need any help with the save the dates let me know, maybe I can help you out on something.

Well girls, hope to talk to you all soon and hope you all had a great night. I must say you girls were missed yesterday when I had no computer.

Take care :p

Ladies,

I hope everyone is having a good day...

I'm doing the Bob Greene Total Body Makeover workout, I saw him on Oprah and of course she had a few people on who did it and had great results. Its 12 weeks of 6 days a week. I'm on week 2 and have been able to stick with it easily. ( a bit sore ) Do be to proud of me for going to the gym...we have most of the equipment in the house , so I work out at home or I go outside when its not too hot! I will be inside today, its over 100 already .

Shari~ if you send me your e-mail I will send you pics of my dress.

Ivy~ I don't need any alterations other then an bustle...It fits like a glove. At least it did the first time I tried it on, that was before 2 weeks of vacation and lots of wine.

Have a great day...off to the Vet!

Kristin

Hi Everyone,

It's been a CRAZY week this week at work, so I haven't gotten to spend my normal time on this board. :(

Hope everyone is doing well.

Shelly-I think you guys will be very happy at the Renaissance, I've never been in but I've driven by and it look slike a very nice place. You should book yourself a massage in the spa! What a great way to relax. We did a couples massage on our honeymoon and we loved it, it was so relaxing and so nice to enjoy it together, my husband sat up and said "we should do this every month" when we were done. Then we payed the bill and he changed his tune, "Ok, maybe only special occassions". LOL I did a girls spa day the day before we boarded the ship with my bridesmaids and we had sooooo much fun. We went to a place for manicures and pedicures and they lined us up in chairs and treated us wonderfully. Even pouring the champagne we brought for us. Lots of nice spas in FL for that kind of stuff. That's what I did instead of a bridesmaids luncheon and it was great because we all then had pretty nails and toes for our vacation. :)

I haven't ever heard of that restaurant, but I love Polynesian food. We often go to Orlando and stay at a Polynesian Resort where Emeril has a Polynesian restaurant and it's our favorite.

Where are you going to get your "soon to be Mrs." sweatsuit from?

All-For tuxes we used a local shop because the standards (Mens Warehouse) were going to charge us double to have the tuxes all week! I thought that was absurd so we stopped in a small tux shop in a ritzy part of town where they have a lot of wedding shops in Miami and they guy said it was the same price for 1 day as for 1 week with his tuxes so we were on board. He was really nice and even carried the EXACT color tie (same maker and everything) of my bridesmaids dresses so my bridesman could match the girls perfectly. It was 99.00 (I think) for the week long tux rentals because we picked out the nicest ones, he might have others for like 10.00 less, but we really liked the nice vests and such. I think they were Tommy Hillfiger or some other brandname. He does several weddings in South America and the Caribbean so he's used to his tuxes being out for more than just 1 day. Here is his info: http://www.acetuxedos.com/page2.html.

For those of you who are working out hard to get in shape for your wedding, good for you! I did a lot of swimming before our wedding as a stress reliever and it was a savior from the stress. I will say, however, expect to drop 3-5 lbs right before the wedding wether you want to or not due to the stress and being so busy. I doubted that when other brides told me that, but it ended up happening to me too, so now I'm a believer. ;) Luckily I had 5 days of cruise eating to put it back on (LOL) so my dress wasn't big, but it could make a difference in how your dress fits so keep that in mind.

Our dog is a Schipperke (really, he's a pound puppy) who we adopted 3+ years ago. He's 5 now and our favorite thing in the world. We're so cheesy, we even took him around when we were shopping for a house. He's small, only 17 lbs (though he was only 9 when we adopted him so he's porked out since coming to live with us!) so he's somewhat portable. We travel with him, he's been to CA a couple of times, been to Orlando several times. He's a great little dog. Can't wait for him to have more of a yard to run around in, maybe he'll burn off some of those pounds.

Oh yeah, and yes, we'll be busy busy packing and moving over the next few weeks. I've been packing 2 boxes every night to get a head start. My husband and I were reflecting the other day about how when we moved in together everything he owned fit in his Army dufflebag and everything I owned fit into my Ford Escort. How did we accumulate so much stuff in the last 4 years??? Crazy.

Is anyone doing programs for their wedding? We made ours and they came out great. They have an adorable little timeline thing in the back (shared with me by a knottie). Anyway, if anyone is thinking about doing programs, let me know and I'll be happy to share the Word file and pics of how ours turned out.

My photography class is a blast! Not sure if I'd have the talent to do it for a living, but I would love to do it on the weekends as a side thing. Oh yeah, I'm coordinating the set up of a wedding of a friend at work's daughter. She can't get into the reception hall until right before the ceremony starts so myself and 2 friends are going to go and do all the decorating for her. It's this fall and I'm meeting with her late this summer to go over her wants and to look at all the decorations and such. I think I'll take the pictures of her tables, favors, and all those goodies too once decorated for her before everyone shows (she'll have a regular photographer for the wedding and reception of course). I'm a little nervous, the last thing I would want to do is dissapoint a bride! I hope we can get everything set up exactly as she dreamed it would be, so wish me luck with that!

Shari, How are you holding up????? I'm getting so very excited for you, I hope everthing goes so perfectly! Don't forget to let me know the time for the wedding so I can watch on the webcam!

Talk to you later, back to work!

Kadie

Hi Kadie - yes i am doing the programs and had seen yours and love them. My wedding cordinator with a wedding for you, told me " ho you dont have to have programs", but i want to have them. I think they add a little extra to your wedding. Anyway talk to you later. Oh by the way your house is adorable.

Kadie,

Wow girl you can write. LOL just bugging you! I was thinking about you and how you were doing with work and packing. It is good to know things are going good.

So far I am still doing good. I am really excited, but calm. It's a weird feeling. I can't believe I leave in 22 days. I just sent the final documents in to TWE yesterday. Alba called and told me that she recieved them and that I am all set. She is so good. It feels good to have all the final things completed.

About the programs, I did them too. They look fantastic thanks to you. Well anyways, I am going to go for now as FI has today and tomorrow off, but I will be back to check in.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Shari:p

Hello all!! OK, so, I have tried to start this email twice now and our computers keep freezing up. I'm about to kick this thing right up it's floppy disc!!! Good grief!!!!! Sometimes I do not like technology... I was almost finished with the email! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm done with my temper tantrum now...:rolleyes:

Shari-It's almost here!!!!!! I'm so glad that all of your paperwork is finalized!! What a great feeling! Now all you have to do is relax and enjoy your time and the anticipation before you go! I wish that my date was so close too! Maybe we can all go with you??;)

What did you do with your FI on your days off together? Do you have any relaxing things planned or you before you go?

Kadie- How are you?

FI and I went to the Men's Warehouse to look for a tux too but it was really expensive. I almost passed out! So we are going with a local retailer. It is so much cheaper to buy there! I'm glad that you are happy with your tuxes!

Your puppy sounds so cute! I don't blame you for taking him house shopping with you! He has to live there too, right? We have two cats and they are our BABIES! We spoil them so much that I will not give you any details as you will think I am a total nut. We would love to get a dog but our girl cat would not be very happy with us at all. Our boy cat is sooo mellow that he would not mind but we would not want to disrupt our happy home. :)

How is the packing coming? I pack like you, I start early, much to my friends and FI amusement. However, come moving day, I am ready!

FI & I collected a TON of stuff when we lived in our aparment. We were there for 4 years and I am not a pack-rat but we still had a ton of stuff to move. We now have only been in our house a little over two years and it is full! We can't believe it! What is that? Good luck with the move! I'm sure it will go smoothly. Keep us posted!

I'm sure that you will be GREAT at helping your friend with her wedding! That is really sweet of you to do that! It sounds like a lot to do but how fun! I do make-up at weddings/photo shoots as a fun part-time hobby. I absolutely love it. Just being in that enviroment is a blast.

Are you wanting to do wedding photography in particular?

Shelly- How are you? That is a great idea that Kadie had to do a couples massage! Do you think that you might? I would love to do that but my FI would talk the whole time. He would just drive me crazy! I bought him a massage once for our anniversary and I could hear him in the other room talking to the person giving the massage about his job, our cats, etc...It was pretty funny but a waste of $$$ in my opinion...

Do you have your "custom" outfit yet? Any new news from TWE?

Kristin- How is your workout coming? I have looked at the Bob Greene workout before, it looks pretty intese but that it would deliver results!

I have only worked out once this week. I had a root canal done earlier this week and it has been pretty painful since. So I am being "low-key" and trying to not each very much...although I still have my wine...;)

Have you heard anything on the flowers and the cake from TWE?

Traci- Hope your mom is still well! How are you??

I just added a boutinniere for FI brother who will now be joining us for part of the cruise!! I am so happy!! I did not want FI to be "alone" for the whole crusie while my sister and I lay in the sun. ;) So his brother will be with us for the few pre-cruise days in Singapore and then for the first 4 days if the cruise. I'm happy that he will be able to attand the wedding!! YEA!!

Still waiting to hear about the music though...patience Ivy patience...

Does anyone have fun plans this weekend? Hope to hear from you all

Back to work!

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am so happy the weekend is finally here.

Ivy~ How are you? Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one who has the "freaking out" moments.:o I was so surprised because all this time I've been the calm one and my FI has been the one to go a million miles a minutes. It's actually been quiet funny. Now he's the one calming down and my gears are charging up. I have so many lists, it's insane sometimes. But, like you every time I hear back from Lisa I relax for a little while. I've heard back from Lisa this week at TWE on all the questions I had and am so happy. Now I'm just waiting on the quotes for the cake and flowers. Have you heard any new info from Lisa yet?

The proposal was actually very memorable and now we all usually sit around and laugh anytime someone (usually my dad) tells the story. It's funny, my dad loves to tell the story. He will just chime in anytime one of us start to tell it. I guess he feels because he helped devise the plan with my FI it's a little more special.

I hope to have to webcam working and actually thanks to Shari we all know to request the cam on. I have so many people who will be at home and want to watch it so I think it's a great thing.

I have not received my "Soon to Be" sweatsuit yet I have to get that ordered soon, but trust me when I do I will probably never want to take it off when I try it on. My FI thinks it's so funny and now he is wanting to find one for him and put something on it. He is hilarious! I can just imagine us walking on the ship with the whole matching thing going, Oh my.... The last we talked about he is wanting to have "Soon to be Married Mr." on the back. I think that is so cute yet funny at the same time. I can't help but laugh at the mental picture.

I am definately thinking of the couples massage, but after reading your post I have a feeling he would do the same thing your FI did. Mine is such a social bug.

BTW, I found a travel CD player at my local Best Buy it was $129.00, but still I think it may be something to look into. I am going back tomorrow to get one if they come in on the truck. When I get there and once I get it I will let you know the item number in case you would like to check out a local Best Buy for you.

I hope you're feeling better after the root canal. I had all four wisdom teeth pulled out last September and looked like a chipmunk for a month:p .

Don't feel bad about the computer. I can just look at one and smoke starts coming out of it (LOL)...no really....no joking.

I think it's great your FI's brother is going to be there. Like you said now he has someone to be with when you are off doing your thing. My FI is having both his older brother and younger brother come along. I love them both, but man do they like to party. I think unfortunately they will be a little surprised by the Princess ship. It doesn't seem like a party ship, which I love, but I don't think they will. I guess we will see how that all turns out.

I hope everything is coming along great and I will talk with you soon!

Kristen~ I would love to see your dress too if you wouldn't mind. I have seen everyone saying how beautiful it is and I'm soooo curious. When is your wedding date again?

How is the planning coming along? I know the waiting to hear back from people can sometimes be the hardest part pf the whole thing. I had sent off information to Lisa at TWE last week for answers to questions and quotes. So far I am waiting like you to get the quotes back. I'll keep my fingers crossed with you on getting our quotes back soon.

My FI got his tux from a local retailer. He says if fits great and there are no alterations that "need" to be done, however he will get the coat tailored in a little. We tried the whole Men's Wearhouse and departments stores and even local specialty shops but all the prices were way too high. My future FIL opted to rent one from the ship. I am going to be putting the order in for him in the next week or so once he gets me his measurements. What you are considering doing or have you even had a chance to decide on that yet?

I am happy for you on the work out program. I have actually started one myself to make sure I don't put on weight before the wedding. I had heard from a lot of friends that they ended up not working out before hand and actually put on a few pounds. I want to make sure that doesn't happen. I know Kadie mentioned losing weight before I just want to be safe all the way around.

WOW, no alterations! I wish that was my case. It must be so nice to see how it will look on the wedding day each time you try it on now. I am actually on the short side....ok ok, I'm a munchkin :p and the dress I have is made for someone that is 6'4 (or so it seems). So, needless to say alterations are going to be funny to watch. My mom said I should ask if I can get a credit on all the dress they are going to alter...very funny mom...(LOL)

Well, I hope all is well in Austin, I miss it there so much. Come to think of it my uncle is getting married tomorrow in a local park, can't remember the name and I wish I was there. Talk with you soon.

Traci~ I am so happy to hear your mom is doing well and that you have gotten her up and running in the modern era. How is everything else going?

The photo favor is definately a great way to go. I am trying to come up with a favor idea myself that is something memorable and a keepsake for my guests. So far nothing has hit me, so I will just keep thinking and looking.

Good luck on the save the dates, talk with you soon.

Shari~ YEAH only 21 days out!!!!!! Whoo-Hooo. It is so crazy, I am so excited about it for you you'd think I was going to be there. I've been telling my mom and friends about it and they are excited for you too. I have the time and now place reserved for our toast to you guys. The only thing I wish was that I would have a computer to access the web cam while we are at the beach. I'm working on that one though. My mom came up with an idea of going to an internet cafe on the boardwalk to watch and I think I might have to :rolleyes: . I'm so glad everything is finalized and now you are able to really focus on the packing and fun stuff.

You know, it's funny that your family is helping you stay calm. I think mine are trying to do the same thing and so far it is helping some (a little). I have definately calmed down since the "freak out attack".

I can't believe your towels were on backorder and they hadn't called you yet. I would be been so upset. By like you said everything looks like it will be coming right along and there in time so that is awesome.

I hope you get to enjoy the weekend with your FI. Thanks, BTW for the "pep" talk on the whole calming down thing. Just another reason I love talking with you and all the ladies here.

Kadie~ I have pulled up all kinds of info on the web for the hotel and it sounds great! I think I will take your advise though and book a massage at the spa. I think I will certainly need it.

I am looking into the couples massage on the ship. I think that would be great, but like I told Ivy above, my FI is a social bug and will probably be talking during it and it'll drive me crazy. :p But in the same breath maybe it will make him quiet for at least 30 minutes to and hour and the constant foot wiggling, finger tapping and all movement will stop. He is definately a wiggle worm and has to be moving at all times. I can't help but picture him laying there having the massage and his foot bouncing up and down at the end of the table like a kid (LOL).

I am ordering my "Soon to be" sweatsuit from www.advantagebridal.com I liked all the options I saw. If you read above my FI is now wanting a sweatsuit of his own with something on it. The last we talked he was thinking of "Soon to be Married Mr." He's so funny!!

I saw what you wrote about the dropping weight before hand. I really hope that doesn't happen. I have dropped a lot of weight myself over the last year and don't really want to lose anymore (tone...oh Yes) but not lose anymore. Hummm...I'm going to have figure out a way to watch that.

You dog sounds so cute. I think it's great you took him with you when you looked for houses. It has to be great that he is small enough to do that with. My FI got me a mini Chihuahua for Valentines this year and he was the cutest thing, but I found out I'm alergic to that breed. So, we had to find him a new home. I think he is somewhere on the beach in NC walking with his new mom and dad with a little sun hat on. They were wonderful people who took him so I think everything ended up well.

I hope the pakcing is continuing to come along smoothly. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who packs early. It drives my FI crazy, but it really does work.

Don't worry about the photo's for your friend. I know they will turn out great!

Well ladies, I think I talked everyone out. I hope you guys have a great weekend. I am headed off to our local amuzement park with my FI tomorrow for some much needed fun and I'm sure screaming (down the roller coasters that is).

Night all.

Shelly

Hi girls, hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did. It was nice having my FI home for four days. We had alot of sun time, although we also had a lot of rain too. Busy weekend. We managed to get most of our goodies bags done. I am so excited!! Only 18 days until we leave. Woohoo!!

Ivy ~ Don't worry your date will sneak up on you soon enough. Enjoy this time it goes fast. Of course I wish you could all come. :rolleyes: Hmm is there some way?

My FI and I sat around the pool when we got a chance to catch some sun. We are alittle white. I would hate to burn the first day of the cruise. Ouch!! Other then that we hung out around here or at his parents and did some gardening and also went bed shopping. We found a really nice king size one.

We each have our last hair appointments on the 29th of June before we leave. I also have my make up consultation on the 20th. I left it closer to the time just because I am hoping to have some sort of a tan. FI took off the first two days before we board the cruise.

How are things going for you? Don't worry about the music I am sure you will hear soon. I am glad that you and your FI each have someone to hang out with.

Shelly ~ Hey girl, what's up? What have you been up too? I am more excited now then I was before. Each day as it draws near I get more excited. So does FI. He is so crazy sometimes it's cute. (I didn't say this)

Thanks for the toast I will deffinately be thinking of you girls when I have my first drink. No worries you will be there. A piece of all of you are. All of your thoughts and advice have deffinately helped me in planning a day I will remember.

My towels will be in this Wednesday, so hopefully I can take a picture and email it to you. I will also try and post some pictures of my finished OOT bags.

No need for the thanks on the pep talks. Thats what we are all here for. You have given some good ones, which keeps me calm. :p

Well girls I hope you all had a great weekend and a good night. Talk to you all soon. Thanks to everyone for all that you do. I enjoy that talks. :p

Special little note:

Kadie ~ Thanks for everything. You truly are a saver. Your ideas and advice are welcome at any time. Your review was a big help. I wish you all the best in your new house. Can't wait to see more pictures as you begin to set up.

Happy Tuesday Morning!

So far the week has been quite calm (fingers crossed). I hope everyone had a great weekend. I ended up going to our local theme park and got really burned on my shoulders, neck and arms. Once it goes away it will be a great tan.

Shari~ T-17 days till you leave and counting!! I am happy that you got your OOT bags done. One more thing out of the way and checked off the list. Sounds like you and your FI got to spend some quality time together over the weekend, trust me I know how much that helps. And, don't feel alone about the whole "so crazy he's cute, mine is too".:p

Question for you...how long did it take for you to get all of your quotes and so forth back? I submitted my requests to Lisa at TWE last Monday and am excited to get them back. Just curious.

Okay ladies, off to work I go...I owe...I owe :p

Shelly

Shelly ~ Hey girl, happy Tuesday!! I am just getting ready to go grocery shopping and pick up a movie for tonight. I am so excited. We get our new bed today. Woohoo!!

Well enough about that. It took me anywhere from a couple days to a week to get prices back on things I wanted. I didn't find that too bad as I had time to get everything sorted out. I know how you are feeling though. The quotes help a lot in making the decisions. Hang in there they will come....

How is everything else going? What's new? Hope to talk to you soon!!

Shari:p

Hi Ladies-

Is it Friday yet???? Oh wait, only Wednesday. :(

Hope everyone's week is going well so far! I wish you all much success in your planning. It's so great there's a place for everyone to share all their wonderful ideas! We should all get together and write a "cruise weddings for dummies" book or something. LOL

Well, as I packed our guest room yesterday I had to pack all the wedding stuff up that I haven't gotten a chance to arrange yet. Pic's, my keepsakes (someday I'll make a scrapbook), etc. and it was so much fun reminiscing. If in doubt about wether to keep something for a keepsake, do it! You won't regret it. :) Is anyone having their dress preserved? I did (it only cost like 50 dollars more than a good cleaning) and it's fun to look at it sometimes. I was thinking as I was reminsicing that if I could do 1 thing differently I would have kept a journal during the week so I could re-live all those special moments anytime I wanted to. :)

Shari-You are too sweet. I'm so glad to be able to help when I can and to be able to be a part of your special wedding and it's planning. It's a priveledge, no need for thanks. :) I hope everything goes perfectly for you, I really do. Have you found out who your coordinator onboard is? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's Alwin (the same one I had). He's a perfectionist and was awesome for our wedding. I'm so happy you get Captain Romano. He is really nice and from what I've heard he's the Captain who enjoys doing the weddings the most!

Well, I better get back to work. We've been packing a couple of boxes a night which is great because it doesn't leave it all to do at once, but our house looks very bare and drab. Oh well, soon enough we'll be hanging our pics in another house. We pick up the keys on Monday and will do the bulk of the moving a week from Saturday. Hopefully everything survives and our dog doesn't go into hiding (he doesn't do well with change)! LOL

Talk to you all later & have a great day!

Kadie

Archived