Hope they are all ok

Not Thomsons but I hope they all get off ok . A Costa ship .. Concordia

Has hit something or run aground and the dreaded seven whistles has

been given :eek: Hope they are all ok .

(Now in joke mode )

Wonder what it would look like in Thomson colours, they buy ships that

have been through the mill . ;)

Wow that's scary:(. I hope they're all o.k., it makes you think though doesn't it? Whenever we do the safety drill I always look at the amount of people and wonder "would we all fit in there?":eek:

I also think "I would like a boat with a roof," but never seem to get one:rolleyes:.

Not Thomsons but I hope they all get off ok . A Costa ship .. Concordia

Has hit something or run aground and the dreaded seven whistles has

been given :eek: Hope they are all ok .

(Now in joke mode )

Wonder what it would look like in Thomson colours, they buy ships that

have been through the mill . ;)

Knowing Thomsons, they would probably add a surcharge to your account for the extra 'excursion'. :p

Just a thought the Costa Ship had this awful accident on the 1st night having come of the Destiny just a few weeks ago they didnt due the muster drill practise untill 2nd morning . I wonder if this was the case for the Costa ship and maybe why there was alot of panic. Other ships we have been on have done it the day we boarded .

Prayers to the familys of the dead and injured.

To be honest its made me think twice about Cruiseing

Just been on the Costa page and some one has put a video link up which shows the ship as it is listing in to the sea beyond scarey

a interview with a crew member on BBC news said that he thinks there where still passengers in their cabins and that it was chaos getting the passengers into the life boats .

You just dont think it will happen do you ?

absolutely horrific pictures on the web this morning - it must have been so frightening for all aboard - very sad some passengers have lost their lives but the total is much less than looking at the pictures suggests it could have been so well done to the rescuers and the crew for getting everyone off before she finally tipped. WHY did it happen? I will not be sailing with Costa ever after this and the Europa/Dream incident - 2 in as many years kinda puts me off!

bet theres a few cheap cruises to be had in the coming weeks after this as well!!

Fingers crossed the crew evacuation procedures went like clockwork and all the below deck spaces were searched thoroughly to make sure everyone was out.

I have a feeling this story is still developing, watching sky news and all they are showing is still photo's and video of the rescued passengers at the reception centre. Usually there would be all sorts of news helicopters in the air over an incident like this in short order. Clearly the Italian authorities are not allowing that.

Clearly they will be working flat out checking the passenger and crew manifests against who they have on the quayside....

on the BBC website it says they are conducting a scuba search of the submerged cabins which suggests to me there are some (hopefully not many) unaccounted for still. Some people actually had to swim ashore.... and it was the first night and the drill was not scheduled till the following afternoon so first timers on the ship would have NO idea what to do or where to go.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all the passengers and crew. Thanks to all the islanders who are pulling out all the stops to help.

Amen to that from all of us on here I'm sure .

Im finding it very hard to get my head around the fact a £450m with all the latest technology ends up like this , no bad weather all the back up systems I'm sure a five year old ship has .You would have thought in this day and age of super navigation technology via GPS, echo sounders, and ultra modern sea charts etc, you end up sinking a cruise liner. :confused:

4,206 people inclusive of crew to be rescued thats a mamoth task when given the fact water is rushing into the ship .

More people = more time needed to evacuate. Mrs Kalos has just told me " You can keep your mega-ships and super Jumbo planes as well ." Think she has a point , so its Thomsons again next time small and freindly for us .:)

Dreadful thing to happen perhaps bigger is not best ?:eek:

Why was she so off course ? as Kalos has stated with all the lastest nav aids etc how could this happen ?

Condolences from us all on the Thomson forum go out to those who have lost loved ones

and to those on holiday who have had a traumatic time , which will be a cruise to remember........ or perhaps not ?

Stevie

Just read it before i saw your post nearly in tears reading it at least on thomson the announcements are in english the panic must be terrible you know things are bad and you cant understand the language the instructions are being given in. Costa look very bad as regards the aftercare also where have all the more senior staff scurried off to?

Archived