Breaking news: Costa Concordia in deep problems!

Topo Gigio

My theory on this is that if it was further out to sea, it would be in deep enough water and wouldn't have keeled over leaving both sides equally available. Also, the automatically deploying life rafts would have been inflating as well.

As far as Oasis. besides the lifeboats they have some giant rafts that you have to slide into similar, but markedly different, than the slides on an airplane. They looked to be a quick way to evacuate - quicker than deploying life boats.

Comforting...to a degree...thanks.

According to a Loyd's List Exclusive... (can't paraphrase) I find this report highly disturbing, to say the least.

http://www.lloydslist.com/ll/sector/ship-operations/article389069.ece

I personally found the last section 'interesting' 'clarifying' and 'heartbreaking'. Most notably, the 6th to last, one sentance paragraph.

~~~~~~~~

Edited to add:

Don't shoot the messenger, but it would appear this sort of evidence will greatly reflect upon Carnival Corp as a whole. Would it not?

Thanks for info.

According to a Loyd's List Exclusive... (can't paraphrase) I find this report highly disturbing, to say the least.

http://www.lloydslist.com/ll/sector/ship-operations/article389069.ece

I personally found the last section 'interesting' 'clarifying' and 'heartbreaking'. Most notably, the 6th to last, one sentance paragraph.

~~~~~~~~

Edited to add:

Don't shoot the messenger, but it would appear this sort of evidence will greatly reflect upon Carnival Corp as a whole. Would it not?

I read one article where the Captain is quoted as saying he was navigating by eye, but left his turn too late.

This seems to be supported by the evidence of the "red line" that he was too close to shore just before the impact point.

My pure speculation (still waiting for black box for real facts):

Captain was trying to impress that woman on the bridge, maybe he was even at the controls. Last I heard, the Italian authorities were looking to interview her. We'll see.

My pure speculation (still waiting for black box for real facts):

Captain was trying to impress that woman on the bridge, maybe he was even at the controls. Last I heard, the Italian authorities were looking to interview her. We'll see.

Black box is the key ... cause I heard that he went close by for the head waiter... and after the hit.. flooded the starboard ballasts to stabilize and over compensated:confused:

Archived