Preferred Boarding ???

WillyBear

2 questions (I should know this already)...I am a Captain's Circle Elite member.

1) My wife is coming with me on her first Princess cruise. I presume because she is in my cabin she can do preferred boarding along with me. Correct?

2) My parents are coming with us on their fist Princess cruise staying in their own cabin. Can they also do preferred boarding with me because they are travelling with me or must they do standard boarding because they aren't in my cabin? Not trying to game the system, just want to know my options.

I personally wish they would start enforcing the rule that only people in the platinum/elite/suite cabin or minor children in another cabin are allowed in the priority boarding. On our Christmas cruise 14 first time cruisers were sitting next to us that were allowed in with two elite relatives. NO wonder it is so crowded.

2 questions (I should know this already)...I am a Captain's Circle Elite member.

1) My wife is coming with me on her first Princess cruise. I presume because she is in my cabin she can do preferred boarding along with me. Correct?

2) My parents are coming with us on their fist Princess cruise staying in their own cabin. Can they also do preferred boarding with me because they are travelling with me or must they do standard boarding because they aren't in my cabin? Not trying to game the system, just want to know my options.

Yes, both your wife and parents can do priority boarding with you, no problem whatsoever.

Mike

I personally wish they would start enforcing the rule that only people in the platinum/elite/suite cabin or minor children in another cabin are allowed in the priority boarding. On our Christmas cruise 14 first time cruisers were sitting next to us that were allowed in with two elite relatives. NO wonder it is so crowded.

Do I ever agree with you. It seems that everyone had a friend or relative that they believe should be included in the preferred section & Princess is reluctant to say no. At the ever increasing number of Princess cruisers it won't be long before they'll have to have and separate Elite section & separate Platinum section. ;)

It seems that Princess is reluctant to say no.

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

We have a friend that is a head waiter and he said that there is getting to be many passengers that think they are entitled to special treatment and don't need to follow the rules. And it just isn't worth saying no to them. He has been threatened in the past so he is to the point that it isn't worth the abuse he gets.

Do I ever agree with you. It seems that everyone had a friend or relative that they believe should be included in the preferred section & Princess is reluctant to say no. At the ever increasing number of Princess cruisers it won't be long before they'll have to have and separate Elite section & separate Platinum section. ;)

Absolutely agree.

Why should the parents get priority boarding when they have not earned it??
I agree with you as I assume they're adults and capable of boarding the ship without assistance. If they needed help or perhaps had dementia, I can understand. Otherwise, I don't. They're going to spend the next week or month with you; surely a different line or a few minutes longer to board the ship isn't going to make much of a difference. If three other people got the same perk for each one who earned it, close to everyone boarding would get Priority boarding. Where's the perk in that?

Why should the parents get priority boarding when they have not earned it??

Would you board separately from your parents or children? Princess allows you to board with close family members, so yes, they are allowed to board together.

I know a lot of the discussion in this thread is about friends, I get that, but they are talking about close family.

Mike

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

We have a friend that is a head waiter and he said that there is getting to be many passengers that think they are entitled to special treatment and don't need to follow the rules. And it just isn't worth saying no to them. He has been threatened in the past so he is to the point that it isn't worth the abuse he gets.

Not if he had any aspirations of advancement. The negative reports will be stacked against him for a long time & for what good?

Everyone has different opinions. I did say children should be allowed to be with their parents. If you have a large family group with you and you are the only Elite, then go with them in the regular line. Princess does allow handicapped to board early and I have no problem with that.

As with everything, some will take advantage of perk like this, etc.

On Princess website, in the Captain's Circle Benefits states. "You and your family or guests.

We were traveling with our DD and her friend and Princess allow them to board with us. There were also 6 other friends that we did not take with us. Ten passengers were just to much.

I don't understand why people are so free to give away benefits that they have earned. It is getting to the point where the privledges aren't so special because everyone is abusing them by trying to give them to others.

This just isn't just on cruise lines it is everywhere. We have a membership in a auto club and people will ask us to get them maps and other services. We tell them that it cost us and if we give it away our cost will go up and give them a number to call to sign up.

We also have garbage, trash pick up, plus disposal at a dump provided by our city thru the taxes we pay. Our relatives and friends ask if they can bring their stuff over. I tell them to either move into my city or vote for their taxes.

On Princess website' date=' in the Captain's Circle Benefits states. "[b']You and your family[/b] or guests.

We were traveling with our DD and her friend and Princess allow them to board with us. There were also 6 other friends that we did not take with us. Ten passengers were just to much.

I was just about to look that up as I knew it was in the CC benefits list.

WillyBear - As parents are family then of course they can board with you. You can safely ignore those who say they can't, because they are wrong.

bit off topic but how often do you see elite people bring their friends down to the tender station who are not elite to get priority boarding

Not seen it but it is likely it happens. I wait with my friends until their tickets are called.

I guess I never really read thru the benefits. I'm sure those were written back when there weren't many elite memebers so a few extra people didn't make much difference.

I wouldn't doubt if they change it in the future. They are starting to cut back on some small things. Stewards have more cabins to clean. Wait staff has more tables, etc. I noticed desserts are cut much smaller - which is fine with me. The sewing kits we use to get in our cabin had ten colored threaded needles, last time there were only six. Sabatini's breakfast use to give free bloody mary's but now they charge for them. Prices haven't gone up that much so they will need to find ways to save money.

Not seen it but it is likely it happens. I wait with my friends until their tickets are called.

we have seen it happen, this couple bought their friends to the tender station and they were told off about bringing platinum members with them but the next day they did the same

I have seen many "Priority" people jumping the queue. It doesn't bother me much that one or two groups of distant relatives and friends tack along with a Platinum or Elite member on the priority check-in line. Princess has enough port representatives to process the boarding. It may only delay my boarding by a few minutes. What bother me is a guy pretending a handicap sitting on a wheelchair and was pushed through the line and later on he turned normal and walked without problem for the duration of the cruise.

Well, I'm never sailing Princess again! :D

and the worst part was that they included a white one and the rest were dark colors - what am I to do on my tropical cruises when I only bring pastel colored clothes. :D They start with the small things and then start getting bigger.

I'm sorry - don't mean to be so negative. Don't blame me -- it's that damn white cold stuff they fell from the sky Thursday and now it has become very cold out and I'm going into depression. I don't feel like doing anything so I'm just sitting in front of the fire with my computer. I need a cruise to cheer me up.

What bother me is a guy pretending a handicap sitting on a wheelchair and was pushed through the line and later on he turned normal and walked without problem for the duration of the cruise.
Please don't judge whether someone is handicapped or needs wheelchair assistance by how they appear or whether you see them walking later. My daughter has a severe case of RSD but looks perfectly normal. She can walk but standing in lines or possibly have someone bump into her can cause extreme pain. She hates boarding in a wheelchair but if it's crowded, she needs it. You'd see her walking normally otherwise. Seeing her do that would really bother you but she would give anything to be pain-free and not have to use a wheelchair for boarding or disembarkation.

Archived