Bon Voyage Experience

mzwaag

got that - but what does that entail?
It costs $39/pp. You are the first to board the ship, you have your photo taken and the pictures are included in the price of the BVE, you have a four-course meal in the dining room which includes wine, and then you have run of the ship until just before Muster. You can swim, laze in the Sanctuary, eat anywhere, etc while onboard the ship. When you sign up and at check-in, you provide a credit card and anything purchased (such as a drink or soda) is charged to your "onboard account" which is then charged to your credit card. The first hour or so, there's almost no one onboard so it's like having the ship literally to yourself. Plus, the $39 can be applied towards a future cruise. I don't know if that means its a credit towards the cost of the cruise you booked or if it's onboard credit. The photo came out great, BTW. So much so, I changed my avatar. :)

Is this something you can purchase through the Cruise Personalizer online or do we need to call Princess? Also, I'm a little unclear on the $39 future cruise credit; it that only for our BVE guests or can we use it?

Is this something you can purchase through the Cruise Personalizer online or do we need to call Princess? Also, I'm a little unclear on the $39 future cruise credit; it that only for our BVE guests or can we use it?

Only for the BVE guests. It is equal to the cost of their BVE experience.

According to the press release, it "can be applied toward a future Princess cruise", so it is not OBC, but will reduce the cost of the cruise by that much.

You call Princess and say you'd like to book the Bon Voyage Experience. You can either give your ID and credit card info to the Princess rep or fill it in online. It will not appear in your booked cruises; the rep will give you a booking # which you then enter into your Personalizer and you complete registration. You print out a boarding pass just as you would for a cruise. When you get to the terminal, let them know right away at the entrance that you're doing the BVE. In San Pedro, there was a special desk just inside before going to check in where they do an initial check and cross you off the list and give you the health form to fill out. She will then give you a sticker to put on in front of her. That identifies you immediately to the reps at check-in and they will direct you to the correct check-in line. We were directed to the Aloha and Baja decks check-in. At check-in, they check your ID and take your signed boarding pass. You're given a cruise card (mine was blue, my friend's was Platinum) with a round blue sticker on it. This identifies you to any server or staff as BVE. We were seated right next to the entrance until the Captain's Circle host came to walk us onboard. Once scanned into the system at the entrance to the ship, we were on our own unless you opted for the guided your.

You're given a cruise card (mine was blue, my friend's was Platinum) with a round blue sticker on it. This identifies you to any server or staff as BVE.

Why was your friend's not also blue? Wasn't she also doing BVE?

Why was your friend's not also blue? Wasn't she also doing BVE?
Haven't a clue. We forgot to ask. Remember, this is Princess where consistency isn't in their corporate vocabulary. :) Love 'em but they have their "quirks."

Thanks - with this staggared boaarding garbage I'm hearing about on here, that might make sense to do on our cruise to Alaska Saturday

If that's your plan call Princess now! I believe the cut-off to book is 6 days before sailing. Also, be advised it is not offered on every sailing. When I did mine I wanted to book March 31 but it was not available on that sailing...I had to go with April 14.

If that's your plan call Princess now! I believe the cut-off to book is 6 days before sailing. Also, be advised it is not offered on every sailing. When I did mine I wanted to book March 31 but it was not available on that sailing...I had to go with April 14.
Yes, cut-off is six days before sailing and space is limited. I called last Sunday for this past Saturday and that was the cut-off. While I was on the phone during my booking, "Chloedmom" texted me that she had just tried to book and it was full. I told the rep I was talking to and she was able to add her to my booking. So, it was a close call.

Archived