Palo brunch

youda97

We have a reservation for brunch at palo on the wonder. Does anyone know what type if food they serve? I heard they sometimes have all you can eat seafood thing there. Any truth to this?

When we did the Palo brunch, they had a buffet type thing set up with all kinds of different seafood and non seafood items. This was in addition to a selection of about 5-10 menu type items that you ordered from for your "main entree."

We are very picky eaters and found the buffet food to be "fancy" food. While it all looked very delicious it just wasn't our type of food. The main course items were varied and delicious. They also had a dessert table with chocolate strawberries and cinnamon buns and the like.

Overall, it was a ton of good food.

James

Really? I found the food on the buffet to overall be pretty typical and normal. A lot of it was things I make at home, and I'm far from a gourmet cook. Are you sure it wasn't simply the presentation that made it seem "fancy"?

Really? I found the food on the buffet to overall be pretty typical and normal. A lot of it was things I make at home, and I'm far from a gourmet cook. Are you sure it wasn't simply the presentation that made it seem "fancy"?

Exactly correct, it was the presentation. I did enjoy the crab legs and the smoked scallops; the pastry was very good; and the cheese board not so much. The view was outstanding.

• 4 weeks later...

Four or five star? Not so sure about that. Three, maybe three and a half. Don't get me wrong, it was terrific, great food and service, but I'm not seeing it as a true four or five star meal.

If we're talking Michelin Stars (one to three) it *might* get one star, but no more. (Considering Remy would only get two at the most.)

Four or five star? Not so sure about that. Three, maybe three and a half. Don't get me wrong, it was terrific, great food and service, but I'm not seeing it as a true four or five star meal.

If we're talking Michelin Stars (one to three) it *might* get one star, but no more. (Considering Remy would only get two at the most.)

I should have clarified. Four or five star for the type of options, not necessarily the execution. If talking Apples to Apples, or Michelin Stars to Michelin Stars I'd have to say it probably wouldn't rate a single star.

I should have clarified. Four or five star for the type of options, not necessarily the execution. If talking Apples to Apples, or Michelin Stars to Michelin Stars I'd have to say it probably wouldn't rate a single star.

How about Zagat's stars?

One question re: brunch... is it adults only? what age is considered "adult?"

Archived