11:00 AM from Athens

beachseeker

First time to cruise to the Mediterrean this summer. We have an 11 AM flight on a Monday morning in June departing from the Athens airport. When should we plan to arrive at the airport? How long does it usually take from drop off to arriving at departure gate? I read a post that you should allow 3 hours for the Barcelona airport so I was wondering if it would take that long in Athens. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Is this flight departing direct to the US (no stops elsewhere), or stopping somewhere before arriving in the US.

The answer would be if it is a non-stop, direct to the US, I think it is too tight for you to safely make a 11 am flight, due to security issues. If the flight goes elsewhere in Europe to connect to the US, you will be OK, but still will have to hustle off the ship and not waste any time getting to the airport. I would arrange private transport, or at least your own taxi to the airport.

What time does your cruise line say to book flights after?

Sorry for the confusion. We are spending the night in Athens after departing the ship and are in the process of booking private transfer to the airport. Need to figure out when to have the transfer pick us up at the hotel. The flight is direct to the US.

Sorry for the confusion. We are spending the night in Athens after departing the ship and are in the process of booking private transfer to the airport. Need to figure out when to have the transfer pick us up at the hotel. The flight is direct to the US.

If you tell them what time your flight is, they will probably recommend a pickup time. Things generally move fairly well in the Athens airport, but I still generally feel more comfortable having 2.5 - 3 hrs from the time I'm dropped off. The big variable can be Athens traffic.

Archived