This is barely believable!!!

bazzaw

So the idiot tried to sail a 36m wide ship through a 65m wide rock formation right on the islands shores! Anywonder he sank it. Now that the truth comes out it proves it had nothing to do with the ships size. Any ship would strike the reef had it tried to squeeze through that hole.

I am watching that forum closely - because there seems to be something developing. A couple have asked the poster where these pics have come from and are questioning whether they are just pics from a simulator.

Barry

It is looking like the poster of these pics can't/won't verify how they came about - so they are really a bit meaningless at the moment. At first glance, they appeared to be DYNAMITE - but now? perhaps not! But - watch this space!

Barry

bazzaw

After the caning you got from the Costa site for your comment of "Showing Off" you have been vindicated by the Ch 10 News tonight where it was reported the Captain was "Showing off" and subsequently sunk his ship. It might have been on Ch 7 as well.. I see some of them got a bit towey when you mentioned "Italians Showing Off" but what other slant can you put on it? It was an Italian Captain, probably mostly Italian Officers (well the First officer was anyway) and an Italian ship in Italian waters.

Dont be intimidated by these "know it all" experts Bazz. Stick to your guns. I have a feeling that most or all of what you have said will be found to be correct in the subsequent enquiries.

John

Barry - Sorry if it was me who got your "showing off" thread deleted.

The "unbelievable" that you linked to - is a chart plotter simulation of a ship of Costa Concordia size? going between those islets off that island.

This could have been done on any ship that had charts of this area in its plotter. Whether the ship icon indicated is correct to the chart scale is not known.

This is what I refered to as the AIS plot I had seen.

Since removed I think.

Cheers

John

Archived