When's the earliest we can board the ship?

slh182

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are going on our very first cruise next month, and I was just wondering when the is earliest time that they would let us board the ship?

Our ship leaves at 6pm, so if we got there at 3 would we be able to check in?

Thanks.

We were on Allure by 11:30AM after showing up at the cruiseport at 11AM.

The stateroom corridors were still closed off, but we had a ball exploring the ship, not to mention doing a lot of the activities that had no lineups that early - Zipline, for example. We also took the kids to their respective areas and did any/all signups/paperwork right away as well...again, before there was lines later on.

IMHO get on as early as you can - your vacation starts a little earlier. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks everyone,

We will get there as soon as possible. We are arriving in Florida the day before the ship leaves, so we have lots of time.

we are sailing from southampton the ship leaves at 4.30pm what time could we get on. we are staying in a hotel close to the port do we need to have breakfast. i know we wont be able to get the cabins we will have a suit carrier will we have to carry that around. when do you all the things like doing your onboard credit etc

we are sailing from southampton the ship leaves at 4.30pm what time could we get on. we are staying in a hotel close to the port do we need to have breakfast. i know we wont be able to get the cabins we will have a suit carrier will we have to carry that around. when do you all the things like doing your onboard credit etc

We stay at the Holiday Inn, have breakfast, go out and look at all the cruise ships,or shop....coffee, then it's time to stroll- if it's Indy or Eclipse, which moor outside- or taxi to Ventura if that's our ship, around 11am.

The on- shore staff will organise you into a queue, and possibly allow you into a sitting area. The desks open at 12 for P&O; I've known it be slightly earlier at the other docks. If you've arrived before the big crowds, you'll be given an early ticket to go to the check-in, and should be on board by 12.30 or so. You'll have to take the suit carrier with you- find a spot in the buffet, and one of you stay whilst the other fetches food. The cabins are usually ready by 2pm.

Enjoy! :D

Jo.

I want to get there bright and early, so we will probably go there around 11. Thanks everyone for your answers. We're getting very close and I can't wait.

Yes, get there at 11am and you will be on the ship eating lunch by noon. Have a great time!

Your cabin will not be ready til 1 or 2pm. Just remember whatever you carry on will have to go to lunch with you.

I arrived at the port in NYC for a 4pm departure at 1030. We were through security and check-in by 11 then had 30 minutes in the waiting area to have some juice, check out the specialty restaurant menus and make reservations for those, and look at the spa menu/book treatments if desired before boarding at 1130. The rooms were ready around 130-2. I didn't look at the Freestyle Daily closely enough to realize this at the time but NCL did have a place to leave luggage on board before the rooms were ready.

Archived