If you had minutes to evacuate what would you take?

Oh come on people:rolleyes: this is a hypothetical question...look at the passenger's video on the home page. The ship wasn't listing, people were milling around in the hallway for quite some time. There was plenty of time to return to their cabins and get stuff. My DH could get pretty much anywhere on Voyager within 5 minutes...he had to do that a lot cuz I forget stuff a lot. There was at least an hour before the ship turned on its side to where you could not transverse the hallways. The question was...If you had minutes to evacuate what would you take? not Would you save your family or your stuff? Who wouldn't make sure their family was safe BEFORE their stuff??????:confused: Get real.

But this is the same hypothetical questions as "if your house was on fire, what would you grab" and my answer to that has always been that if it doesn't breath, it's replaceable. So my answer here is the same.

Really random comment of something I just realized that kind of amuses me... most of you are answering "I'd grab my iPhone" or "I'd grab my Andoid phone"... whatever happened to just calling them cell phones??? :) Totally random but I just noticed that today that people no longer call them cell phones if they have something better.

My phone is made out of corn. It can go down with the ship. :)

Isn't there something said during muster about putting on warm clothes when you get your life jacket? I seem to remember hearing that one of those times I was paying attention....

I found this you tube video of a muster drill. They say that you should go to your cabin, collect your lifejacket, warm clothing, head covering and any medication that you will need....

I found this you tube video of a muster drill. They say that you should go to your cabin, collect your lifejacket, warm clothing, head covering and any medication that you will need....

I would add that in the case of the Concordia, it was pretty clear something had happened, yet it took a while for the call to issue the call to abandon ship, i.e. report to muster stations. Learning from that experience, I see nothing wrong with thinking, "hmmm, they haven't said we have to leave the ship, but seems possible they MAY make that decision....let's go back to the cabin and get our wallets/phones/jackets, just in case."

Archived