Galapagos-Lindblad or Celebrity

CruiseChick00

am trying to decide between the two lines. Lindblad is more expensive but has glass bottom boats which is an advantage for my grandfather who is fit but not interested in snorkeling. I'm wondering how the food is on either of these lines (we have sailed Celebrity at least 15 times). If you have been on either could you please reply and tell me why you chose the line you went on? Does the National Geographic name on Lindblad really make it worth over $1000 pp more than Celebrity? thank you in advance.

CruiseChick00

I have been on both options. Lindblad's father started cruise tourisim in Galapagos. The partnership with National Geographic gives their cruises an element of education that you won't find on Celebrity. More cultural immersion with Lindblad. The Endeavor does have the glass bottom boat which is great if you don't snorkle. Galapagos is magical no matter how you visit.

You might want to check your prices and make sure you have apples to apples. Celebrity breaks up their cruise in pieces whereas Lindblad is the 10 day program. Lindblad has some free air dates through June that save good money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am curious to hear a response from a single supplement traveler. I have elite captains club status with Celebrity, but am considering Lindblad as I understand some of their Galapagos bound ships carry single-only rooms (at single-only prices.) The thought of a Celebrity Expedition inside-cabin single-supplement price is enough to make me shudder.

Has anyone monitoring this thread traveled either option as a single-supplement traveler and can give their review to the Lindblad single rooms?

Cheers, thanks.

Archived