jade norewgian vrs splendour greece island...

patry

Hi we have always sailed on Royal Caribbean, but this summer my daughter is turning 15 and some parents and their 15 years old are planning a cruise in the Greek island. Its small group just 5 girls with their family. My question is between splendor of the seas and Norwegian jade(the same route) which one is more for teenagers???the splendor don´t have promade??? has anyone been in both ships recently..please appreciated all the help!!!

We have been on the Jade the last three cruises (2009 and 2011). We don't have teenagers...however, that being said.... we had a great cruise; good was good; ship was well appointed. There were many many other nationalities on board (as it is a European cruise). Seems like all the families were having a good time and the teens were mingling. The thing about the three cruises we took was that it was all about the desinations/ports. In the evening, we relaxed a bit but wanted to get ready for the next day/port as that is where the excitement was (for us). The view leaving Venice was awesome - a million dollar view. Would sail the Jade again with family or just the two of us. I'd say go with the itinerary you want, price you want to pay, timeframe, etc. The rest will be great.

Hi we have always sailed on Royal Caribbean, but this summer my daughter is turning 15 and some parents and their 15 years old are planning a cruise in the Greek island. Its small group just 5 girls with their family. My question is between splendor of the seas and Norwegian jade(the same route) which one is more for teenagers???the splendor don´t have promade??? has anyone been in both ships recently..please appreciated all the help!!!

I have sailed the Jade (great ship) and a sisters to the Splendor (Vision & Legend) & they are all nice ships.

A couple of factors should influence your decison:

* What status are you on RC? Are you diamond? If so, the cocktail hours are an added benefit that NCL doesn't offer to any Frequent cruiser status.

* splendor JUST finished a massive refurb and has added many, many new & nice features to the ship Here is the link to the cruise critic page on the refurb:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4670

* Both ships have anytime dining, BUT NCL's dress code is more relaxed; you DON'T have to wear formal AT ALL. If Formal nights are NOT important to you, it does make packing alot easier.

* The Splendor will have larger cabins; NCL ships have the industries smallest cabins(not counting the Haven/garden Villas) Inside cabins on the Jade are tiny tiny.

* Not sure how important the spa facilities are to you, but JADE has a REAL nice spa, in fact nicer than ANY RCL ship, BUT you have to pay for it. On the Splendor, you have access to a steam & sauna for free, but that's about it for the spa facilities (Both ships have free gym access)

Overall, the port stops are the most important, then price I would say, then ship. You can decide what importance to you the differences I outlined above.

Archived