!New Single Guy Looking for Friends & Travel Ideas!

DavidStein

Hi Everyone,

New to this board, new to being single after being married for about a dozen years and just getting my feet wet again. I would love to hear from and about:

-Anyone who wants to connect

-Travel ideas since I am single

-Locations/Cruises I should go with vs. not

-Anyone else who is single and who wants to go together

Thanks and hope this works out well for me!!!

David

hey David,

Welcome here...I know of a site that allows people who like to travel to look for like minded people for trips, but it is not a dating site. It's called travbuddy dot com there is a small access fee ( less than 10.00 ) but it is a very cool site. you might like that. Good luck :)

• 1 month later...

Welcome David.

Here is the only advice I can offer you...

I cruise with NCL and in 2010 they came out with a ship called the Epic. They have single studio rooms THAT ARE AWESOME!! Very pretty, mood lighting...ahhhh. Anyhow, they are geared toward singles and you don't have to pay the double occupancy cruising price. They have their own studio "lounge" that is 2 stories tall and they have all kinds of "events" for single people. They have meet and greets, a bar, food/snacks, games and other activities for the singles to be able to meet and hook up with friends.

They are currently building 2 more ships (one to be released 2013 and the other 2014) with more single studios.

I believe I read somewhere that some of the other cruise lines have embraced this concept as well and either going to start doing the studio cabins or have, but I haven't looked in to it (I'm not single but did cruise in the Epic studios with the hubby).

Anyhow, just throwing that out there for ya if you are interested in cruising alone and meeting people.

Then also when you do pick a cruise, make sure you join their roll call and get to know other people on here that on going to be on the same ship as you and make friends. Then go to their meet and greet. Fun times and good friends! :)

Archived