Cabin beneath the galley, how noisy is it?

packard89

We are booked on the Conquest and I just realized that our cabin is directly beneath the galley! We've never had this happen to us before. Can anyone give me some insight? I'm hoping it's not very noisy since I am a light sleeper.

Thanks.

I'm a light sleeper too and have had a cabin beneath a galley before. You ARE going to hear noises pretty much all night so I suggest doing what I always do. Bring earplugs, the soft ones that fit directly into your ear. I always bring them with me on a cruise and sleep like a baby. I also find that I can still hear any announcements made over the PA but the general noises from beyond the walls are not a problem.

Have a great time!

Look up the location of Cabin 2283 on Carnival Destiny.

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/carnival-cruises-carnival-destiny-deck-plans.html

We had that cabin.

You'll notice a big blank galley space right behind the inside bulkhead of that cabin.

I suspect that area is storage rather than active food preparation.

There were freezer doors banging behind my head at 1 a.m. most nights!

It was our first cruise, but I've since learned a lot about cabin location and how to select or request a different cabin.

You want amidships or just a little bit forward of amidships

-and after the recent Italian debacle, my next cabin is going to be within easy distance of a stairwell leading Up and Out! ;)

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/carnival-cruises-carnival-destiny-deck-plans.html

We had that cabin.

You'll notice a big blank galley space right behind the inside bulkhead of that cabin.

It was our first cruise, but I've since learned a lot about cabin location and how to select or request a different cabin.

-and after the recent Italian debacle, my next cabin is going to be within easy distance of a stairwell leading Up and Out! ;)

How funny, that's almost the exact location of where my cabin is located. Thanks for sharing.

We were in the same situation on the Conquest with a stateroom under the galley, and it was noisy. Constant noise doesn't bother us so much, but the occasional banging we heard was certainly irritating when we were trying to get to sleep. Ear plugs helped. I will tell you, though, that it certainly didn't ruin our cruise. I'd rather be on a ship in warm, sunny seas with a bit of noise, that up north in the cold and snow. We learned our lesson on that cruise and now select a stateroom location that has other staterooms below and above us. It's always possible, I suppose, that our stateroom was under a particularly noisy part of the galley, and that you may not have this problem at all.

Here's hoping...

We were in the same situation on the Conquest with a stateroom under the galley, and it was noisy. Constant noise doesn't bother us so much, but the occasional banging we heard was certainly irritating when we were trying to get to sleep. Ear plugs helped. I will tell you, though, that it certainly didn't ruin our cruise. I'd rather be on a ship in warm, sunny seas with a bit of noise, that up north in the cold and snow. We learned our lesson on that cruise and now select a stateroom location that has other staterooms below and above us. It's always possible, I suppose, that our stateroom was under a particularly noisy part of the galley, and that you may not have this problem at all.

Here's hoping...

I agree 100%.....I'd rather be on a cruise and deal with minor problems here and there than not be on one at all!

Like I said, we bring a fan with us to drown out the noise from the hallway, etc....and it always does the trick. So I'm not going to spend another moment worrying about it.

We had that cabin.

You also do not want a cabin directly under the Lido deck's wooden deck area. Passengers dragging furniture across the deck all night long.

Archived