Another Taxi Question - Buck Island pickup

mysparky

We're looking at Captain Heinz's Buck Island tour for our family of 4. Just received info from him regarding pre-arranging taxi service with someone named Dan for $35/pp round trip. $140 for round-trip taxi service seems seriously steep. Is there a less expensive alternative that anyone knows about?

We're looking at Captain Heinz's Buck Island tour for our family of 4. Just received info from him regarding pre-arranging taxi service with someone named Dan for $35/pp round trip. $140 for round-trip taxi service seems seriously steep. Is there a less expensive alternative that anyone knows about?

We visit St. Croix every year and stay on land so I can't speak from specific experience. But it's a long way (40 to 45 minutes) from Frederiksted pier to Green Cay Marina so I'm guessing that's the set rate. They charge per person on St. Croix. And you will definitely want to make round trip reservations as there isn't a taxi stand at Green Cay Marina.

Capt. Heinz and Teroro are the best trips to Buck Island (in my opinion). Enjoy!

I think if you go to www.gotostcroix.com you can find a list of taxi fares.

Archived