Pool deck crowds - oasis vs epic

Daughter and I spend most of our time on sea days in the sun on the pool deck. So the pool deck is a very important part of our cruise. We're trying to decide between a December cruise on the Oasis or Epic. Both ships have the same itinerary. Which ship is it easier to get a lounge chair by the pool on? I've read that the epic can seem very crowded and people are reserving chairs as early as 6am.

I have been on Allure (I know it isn't Oasis, but it is close!) and Epic. I would say the Allure would be easier to find a chair by the pool. We are not sun worshippers, but when we did want to sit by the pool, with the umbrella, we were always able to find a chair. On Epic, which we went with our kids, I remember sitting on the HOT tile edge of the pool entrance on our towels, because there were no chairs.

I also had a MUCH better time on Allure than Epic. YMMV of course! :)

Easy answer, Oasis.

You will always find a sun lounger on the pool deck of Oasis or Allure, wasn't quite that easy on Epic. We spent most of our time at Spice H2O at the back of Epic where we were very well looked after, but the pool there is tiny.

Have been on both Allure, Oasis and Epic, all great ships, but Oasis & Allure we just out of this World on many different levels.

I have been on Allure (I know it isn't Oasis, but it is close!) and Epic. I would say the Allure would be easier to find a chair by the pool. We are not sun worshippers, but when we did want to sit by the pool, with the umbrella, we were always able to find a chair. On Epic, which we went with our kids, I remember sitting on the HOT tile edge of the pool entrance on our towels, because there were no chairs.

I also had a MUCH better time on Allure than Epic. YMMV of course! :)

i've seen conflicting reports about Allure. We went in May and there were plenty of chairs available, it was much harder to get one right by the pool. I was the author of the infamous MEET THE ALLURE CHAIR HOGS thread. I have no trouble getting seats a little further away and walking to the pool, but if you wanted a lounging chair next to the beach pool you were out of luck by 8:30am. I wouldn't spend more than 3-4 hours a day in that chair so when I got ready for lunch, I would watch for someone desperately looking for a chair and motion them over before getting up. That simple gesture was very warmly received.

The time of year and crowd aboard will vary this greatly....for example during spring break I find folks out very early ....just a few eeks ago on Oasis the crowd was mostly South American and the pools were quiet with plenty loungers to find poolside at 11am. If you don't have to be right by the pool you should always be able to find loungers on Oasis/Allure...I have never found it a problem.

If you have a Haven room it will be no problem. On Epic the main pool is very small but there are three water slide. I always got a lounger by the pool in the Haven part but not so much with the main pool.

On Allure you have more pools to choose from so getting a lounger is easier.

Archived