Any problems NOT being charged in $US??

bazzaw

One big NO-NO, to be avoided , especially on Princess ships - is for the ship to charge your credit card in your own currency - ie not in USD. (Even though the onboard charges are all in USD)

I recall that Cunard automatically charged me in USD last time - but has anybody been seen off by a Cunard conversion (instead of your own Bank's conversion)??

Barry

I recall that Cunard automatically charged me in USD last time - but has anybody been seen off by a Cunard conversion (instead of your own Bank's conversion)??

Barry

Nope - the conversion has always been done by the bank, but I wouldn't assume anything and, if in doubt, ask.

When we went on Celebrity we were asked if we would like them to do the conversion - needless to say, their kind invitation was declined.

Mary

One big NO-NO, to be avoided , especially on Princess ships - is for the ship to charge your credit card in your own currency - ie not in USD. (Even though the onboard charges are all in USD)

Barry

Cunard charge everything in US Dollars, Barry. The issuer of the credit card that you register at check in should be the one that applies the conversion rate. I've never found it to be otherwise.

J

It is always wise to use your own card provider to do the conversion never the cruise line, By the way the pursers office keeps a conversion rate card for all currencies behind the desk just ask to see it.

HI Barry, sorry to highjack this thread, but had a question for you regarding your cruise to the islands of Fiji and New Caledonia. I read your blogs and love them! You are your wife really add a wonderful flavor to the places you go and I love your comments under your pictures! My question is did you have to get shots for the islands? We are going on our first cruise aboard HAL and our first to New Caledonia, Fiji, and Vanuatu in a few short weeks so have been trying to quickly get some info. ANy comments that might help? We are in Melbourne so not too far from you...hope you are okay with all the flooding going on up there ....again.

Barbara

HI Barry, sorry to highjack this thread, but had a question for you regarding your cruise to the islands of Fiji and New Caledonia. I read your blogs and love them! You are your wife really add a wonderful flavor to the places you go and I love your comments under your pictures! My question is did you have to get shots for the islands? We are going on our first cruise aboard HAL and our first to New Caledonia, Fiji, and Vanuatu in a few short weeks so have been trying to quickly get some info. ANy comments that might help? We are in Melbourne so not too far from you...hope you are okay with all the flooding going on up there ....again.

Barbara

Barbara

No - no shots "required" for any of the South Pacific islands. Just make sure that you wash your hands EVERY time before you eat or drink - even on board the ship! :)

PS Thank you for your kind comments about my blogs

Barry

Archived