Door signs?

LizCatMom

Yes, all steel doors on every ship I have been on and magnets work. We usually get a suite next to the elevator landing on the floor. I put up a folder that has a slot for Picture of the Day. I carry a picture printer that I make several copies of the best picture I took the day before and place 10-15 copies of the picture in the folder that says "If you like it take one". Everyone has to go by our Suite and gets to see them. It is a nice way to make someone's day better. On our last cruise we had the PH Suite on the rear (aft) of the ship and hosted a Meet and Greet on the first Sea Day. I had a large sign on the door to welcome the 35 new friends we were hosting at the M&G with the CC Logo on it. Yes, signs are great!

Would they let you cover the door w white butcher paper and put a Sharpie on a string so people could sign it as they walk by? That could be fun...

-KD

Just be VERY CAREFUL of the paper and pens you use - a sharpie could bleed through - destroy the door and you will be charged for the damage :(

We made this at Vista Print for a couple ( newbies ) that we took with us on the Dream. The doors on our deck 6 aft cabins did not work with this magnet. Luckily, I had brought along some of that 3M tape that is used with the repositionable hooks. They really enjoyed it and now have it at home on their fridge :D The magnet was gotten for free during a promotion. I believe I paid just the shipping http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/athankfulheart/media/boards/bobby_deanna.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/athankfulheart/media/boards/wantedtroll_edited-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=13554256165110883238045970604

Im leaving a link because the pic just wont embed right =(

Edited by Athankfulheart

Cute door sign. I made one on VistaPrint for my TA on The Breeze. The door was wood but I brought with me the removeable foam sticky poster mounting squares and they removed so easily without any residue. The magnetic door sign and my poster stayed up the whole 16 nights without any problem, Gloria

We made this at Vista Print for a couple ( newbies ) that we took with us on the Dream. The doors on our deck 6 aft cabins did not work with this magnet. Luckily, I had brought along some of that 3M tape that is used with the repositionable hooks. They really enjoyed it and now have it at home on their fridge :D The magnet was gotten for free during a promotion. I believe I paid just the shipping http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/athankfulheart/media/boards/bobby_deanna.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/athankfulheart/media/boards/wantedtroll_edited-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=13554256165110883238045970604

Im leaving a link because the pic just wont embed right =(

Well, thats annoying. The link is pointing to the wrong picture. Will try again. If this doesnt work, I give up :(

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/athankfulheart/media/boards/bobby_deanna.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/athankfulheart/media/boards/bobby_deanna.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=135549686819406711623602402252

• 2 months later...

We put an appropriate magnetic sign from VistaPrint.com on our cabin door to help us easily spot it in the long line of similar doors.

If we were in the same hotel room for two weeks or more in a long corridor of rooms, we'd do the same.

Edited by NMLady

• 2 years later...
Hey just saw your post, just wondering if you could send me ideas for door signs as well.

message me at findmyfamily@iinet.net.au

You do realize that this thread is over 3 years old, and the likelihood of the OP seeing it is pretty slim. Plus, most here feel that putting your email address on a public forum isn't a very good idea. You just can't be too safe when it comes to social media.

I have created door signs for my cabins aboard many different cruise lines. I use magnets if the door is metal; otherwise I use those adhesive squares that are very easy to remove. I have never damaged a door using these. They are called Removable Mounting Squares and are made by different companies. Find them in the stationary dept even supermarkets carry them.

I usually print a photo of the ship from the Internet & list the name of the cruise, the itinerary & date underneath. Sometimes I include small photos of the ports of call. Use your imagination. This is YOUR cruise. Forget what others say. I have received many compliments on my creations. I also make up personalized Tees and passengers want to buy them.

I do the signs because I can locate my cabin door faster. Others tell me that they use my sign to help them find their cabin too. All the cabin doors look the same & my eyesight is not the best. Enjoy your cruise. Some of the cruise lines like Carnival SELL door decorations or cabin decorations. Once I used a print out of an email Carnival sent me for my birthday and put it inside a see through sleeve. It was so cute!

If you don't have the time to print up your own decoration, look in the stores that sell to teachers and pick up a prepared one. For example on a recent Caribbean cruise I bought a cut out of a large cardboard sand castle. I am cruising over Valentine's Day next year so I'll stop into a dollar store & find a cut out of a heart and use that.

OK I am a former teacher but adding a little fun to a trip enhances it for me. Perhaps I am a kid at heart. It keeps me young. Oh one time I was traveling with a group and others did decorate my hotel door for my anniversary. I loved it, took a photograph of it and saved it, too.

Don't be afraid to be different. Thank goodness that we all don't think alike! Life would be boring then.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i actually did a whole bunch for our sailing. i use a photo site called imkimi you do a search that says cruise then choose the one you like and you can add any photo- of the ship or something else. then add whatever words you want and download then print

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen some of you talented folk have created door signs for your cabins. The ones I'm interested in in particular are the ones where it is a picture of the ship, with your sailing dates, and maybe names of the members of your party.

Is this something you've created from scratch (and may be willing to create for me :D) or is there a website where you can do it? And what about having it laminated? How do you get it to stick/stay on the door?

Thanks in advance!

There is actually a social media site just for decorating your doors for Carnival, you'd have to search for it but a lot of helpful people and ideas on there. Lot's of people do it and have a lot of fun with it. Don't worry about the grumpies that don't like it, it's your vacation and do what makes you happy. Different strokes for different folks. :D Most people make their own or a lot of people can go to places like a dollar store and find neat little things already made up for super cheap and create a "scene". It's entirely up to you.

You can only use magnets as tape can ruin the door. I think most people just print a photo of the ship from the computer and do their own artistic additions. Be careful about putting last names on the outer door. Security wise, it's probably not a good idea.

It looks like the OP is sailing on Carnival, for the most part, they are not doors that a magnet works on. There's a certain type of tape that you can use and is recommend (even by John Heald). This type of tape does not leave any residual and works great.

Some info:

Door Information:

Door measurements are 72"x 22". Handicap accessible doors measure 72"x30".

The mailbox wall is 11 inches wide, the ceiling to the top of mailbox is

12 3/4 inches.

From the top of the door to the top of the door knob box is 33 inches.

The doors are actually 77 inches tall, the 72 inch measurement is to the top of the vent. You really shouldn't block the vent.

Doors Are NOT magnetic. This room does NOT support the use of magnetics as 99% of the fleet doors are not magnetic.

Rules Per Carnival:

The use of 3M command strips, Loctite fun-tak (which is a blue putty) or Scotch removable mounting putty, is recommended to hang any decorations

Blue painters tape is okay, as it does not leave a residue, but it only holds lightweight items, so please don't depend on it as your only method to hang your items up with.

Outside lights on the balcony are banned due to sea regulations.

Interior lights (battery operated) are banned.

Please do NOT use anything that leaves a residue behind. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

That means scotch tape or duct tape or contact paper or Velcro. Do NOT use it.

Inside the cabins: Ceilings are magnetic. Side walls are slightly less magnetic, so use a stronger magnet for the walls.

Happy decorating. :D

***EDIT*** I just noticed this is a VERY old thread that was brought back up. However, it will still help others with questions if sailing with Carnival on sizing and such.

Edited by mitsugirly