I Need to Hear Good Things about Legend!

Aardvark

Fantastic ship, never feels crowded (except at tender time), good food, great itinerary. Entertainment was very good.

For some reason, it won't let me attach any photos. User error, I'm sure. :o

I loved Legend. You and your family will have a great time!

(Don't get too excited about Wee Jimmy, he's moved to a different ship as of last week.)

DSC01908.jpg

We just got back from our 2nd Legend trip. Loved it. The ship is great, and we love the itinerary. We had Kirk Benning as our CD and he was funny, not around much, but that could be because it was his first week on the ship.

Fantastic ship, never feels crowded (except at tender time), good food, great itinerary. Entertainment was very good.

For some reason, it won't let me attach any photos. User error, I'm sure. :o

I loved Legend. You and your family will have a great time!

(Don't get too excited about Wee Jimmy, he's moved to a different ship as of last week.)

Not so... he's on vacation as of last week.

:)

Not so... he's on vacation as of last week.

Well, perhaps I'm confused but this schedule that was posted on John's blog back in December shows Ralph leaving the Legend and Kirk Benning taking his place. When Ralph comes back from vacation in March, it shows him going to the Paradise.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2011/12/07/cruise-directors-schedule-is-here/

Well, perhaps I'm confused but this schedule that was posted on John's blog back in December shows Ralph leaving the Legend and Kirk Benning taking his place. When Ralph comes back from vacation in March, it shows him going to the Paradise.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2011/12/07/cruise-directors-schedule-is-here/

When we chatted the day before he went on vacation he said he was returning to the Legend, sooooo...

We went on her last year and had a great time. Very nice ship, staff and the food was pretty good. I can't echo on Wee Jimmy though. He didn't do it for me but we don't cruise for the ship. That being said, we were going back again on her this April but couldn't get a decent price. We're trying Princess but I will probably miss the Legend. I prefer the smaller ships and it never seem too crowded. Tampa is an easy on and off also.

When we chatted the day before he went on vacation he said he was returning to the Legend, sooooo...

Well that is GREAT news because I wanted to go back on Legend (possibly in May) and if Weeee Jimmy is still there that might help make the decision.

So, OP, the Cruise Director is also greatness. Just not enough good things to say about this ship. Seriously a good time!

We're really excited about it and can't wait. Does any part of the ship or experience really stand out? I have always wanted to try a Spirit class and don't want to miss anything.

BTW, what's the verdict on the CD? Is there a way to verify?

We're really excited about it and can't wait. Does any part of the ship or experience really stand out? I have always wanted to try a Spirit class and don't want to miss anything.

BTW, what's the verdict on the CD? Is there a way to verify?

I don't normally hang out on the deck but the Serenity Deck is fabulous. Chair hogs are a problem; I recommend dealing with them yourself as Carnival doesn't usually handle it.

The steakhouse was very pretty. Didn't eat in there (traveling with a crazy vegetarian) but went to a cooking show and it looked like a lovely place to have dinner. (Extra charge.)

The sports bar was fabulous but I didn't even realize it was there until almost the end of the cruise. No one was in there when I walked through. Lots of seating and TV's.

Also, there is an area, more of a hallway really, that I believe is called the Enchanted Forest. (Someone help me out here.) It was a nice place to sit and play games or read a book while looking at the ocean and there was rarely anyone in there.

I don't usually care about CD's one way or the other. I've only noticed two on my eight cruises and that was because they stood out one way or the other. I LOVED Wee Jimmy! Thought he was hysterical.

The Enchanted Forest is a nice quiet place to sit. I have to get a picture in the portholes.

Look at the Hollywood picture outside the shops. It was fun to figure out who everybody was.

Go to the deck above lido toward forward for the bridge.

Going under the bridge is pretty cool. We missed it last year and made sure not to this year.

DSC04150.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

My first ever cruise was our 25th Anniversary cruise on Carnival Miracle in May 2006. On that cruise we had early dining and MISSED seeing the bridge. We are sailing on Legend on March 18 and have booked ATD and WILL NOT miss seeing the ship pass under the bridge this time.

Our first cruise was aboard the Legend. It was so fantastic that we became cruise addicts immediately! We booked the next cruise a month after our return and did it again after our 2nd cruise! Our photos are in the signature below. Book the Steakhouse for sure! Enjoy your cruise aboard the Legend! :D

Here's a link to my photobucket album of the Legend itself. From there you can check the other albums if you desire.

http://s546.photobucket.com/albums/hh440/MagSeven1413/Cruise%202011/Cruise%202011%20The%20Legend%20itself/

The serenity area might be nice, but it was anything but serene on our cruise. There was always the same group of drunk adults hanging out in the pool being lound and obnoxious. No big deal - I just went elsewhere.

I never saw anyone in the Enchanted Forest - it's pretty neat. I think it's on deck 3 and circles the main lounge.

The steakhouse was excellent - our group of 6 was one of 3 parties dining that night, food was great and our waitresses were exquisite (both in looks and service :))

As far as the CD, I saw Wee Jimmy once. He came to our small cocktail party on the first sea day, which also happened to be halloween. One of the couples at our cocktail party wanted to have a 'zombie' renewal of vows since it was halloween and they were going to have it up on deck with a bunch of us from the roll call attending. Wee Jimmy offered to perform the mock service at 9pm in the main atrium; it was even announced later that afternoon. That being said, I couldn't tell you who any of our CDs have been on previous trips with the exception of John Heald - only because my DW and I performed in the passenger talent show that particular cruise.

DO NOT MISS GOING UNDER THE SUNSHINE SKYWAY BRIDGE!!!!! It is way cool. (I've always been fascinated by that bridge)

Tampa is a great port and embarkation was a snap. I think we were having lunch on the lido by noon. We stayed pre and post cruise and loved our time there.

Enjoy your cruise.

Joe

Archived