I Need to Hear Good Things about Legend!

Aardvark

Any special / secret doors or decks you'd like to share with us Legend-newbies?

Watch the glass doors, my hubby ran smack dab into one. He didn't realize there was a door. I laughed at dh all cruise for that 1. She's a great ship, can't say I like the dark wood decor tho. The spirit class has a better ratio of deck space to people onboard. Enjoy your cruise. My pic above is from our Legend cruise.

Legend was our first and favorite cruise back in 2007. We can't wait to be back on her in April. The ship has a very easy layout. The best food and service we have received were on the Legend. I won't let some of the latest reviews bother me. Everyone's experiences will be different. My family also prefers the western carribean best.

Cruised last March (2010). There was a big issue about Tendering ships at Belize, so the ship did not go there. We went to Costa Maya instead.... took a cab to the little beach (can't remember the name) ate natchos with salsa had chair in the ocean, views spectacular, cheap drinks..it was wonderful. Roatan we did the Victor Bodden ziplining and monkeys! Fabulous!. Cozumel went to Paradise Beach "would recommend it, or Chakanaub park " If going to Grand Cayman, "The experience with the stingrays is undescribeable, we just hung out on 7 mile beach the last time which is also a nice choice.

We went to the steakhouse the first night, as they offer a free bottle of wine per couple...it is well worth it! Cappucinos in the dining room were very good. Have no complaints about the food, service or anything else for that matter. The Serenity Deck is very nice. Chair hogs Galore on our cruise, but what are you going to do? Always found a chair on the deck above. Beds were comfortable, Balcony was amazing!

I would definately sail her again...no hesitation!

We were on the Legend a few years ago and LOVED it. It's still my favorite ship.

As others said, never feels crowed.

If you are an early seating in dinner, go to the steakhouse the first night, believe me the food is awesome and well worth the 30 per person, plus first night they give a free bottle of wine that was really good for a freebie!!

Make sure you are out on the deck to watch the ship go under the bridge, it's awesome. They go under during the first seating!!!

We also loved the tea on sea days. They served it on the aft, I want to say third floor, very comfy and nice. On the Miracle it was in the MDR and we liked the lounge area better.

I agree with Eh about the picture of the stars, fun to figure out who is who.

The service was awesome, food delicious and ports amazing.

I've been to Panama and Costa Rica as well as Belize.

Panama has an amazing Indian village that makes beautiful hand crafts, they also have the Indian people come to the port and set up stands. You can get awesome deals and bring home some lovely art.

Also if you have never done the locks that is also a great thing to do. We made sure we were on a tour with a ferry that actually went through the locks. It was great once, I'd not do it again but the first time was great.

I think the whiner got what she deserved if she left Costa Rica without exploring. We feel it's one of the most beautiful ports ever.

We had an awesome tour that showed us all the best things, also had an amazing zip line experience.

Belize cave tubing was awesome. Also the shops outside the ship had amazing prices on silver jewelry, tequila and hand carved walking sticks.

We enjoyed this cruise immensely and I know you will too!!

Carole

I've been on the Legend 4 times in the last 4 years. It is a great ship and the itinerary is great. Tampa is a great port to get in and out of. We have gotten the aft wrap rooms each time. The two separate rooms are awesome and the balcony is huge. Easy to get around once on board. I think you'll really like the Legend. Have a great time!:)

Best good thing, IMO . . . she's a SPIRIT class ship. Have been on all four.

Love this class. Has a great layout, especially the aft Lido deck with beam wide bar, adult pool, buffet just through the door and most importantly ALL OPEN TO THE SEA (remember, that thing your cruisin' on).

This is definitely the GOLDILOCKS of cruise ship size for me. :D

(see if you can figure out what those "urns" are all about) :rolleyes:

Well Aardvark :D , Legend is a great ship. We loved her. You can see a LOT of pics by scrolling through this blog post...

There's even a video of the ship going under the bridge!

http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/carnival-legend-cruise-2011.html

Cigar Dude...best review ever!!!! I read it when you posted it and loved every minute. I am looking forward to sailing the legend this summer.

Best good thing, IMO . . . she's a SPIRIT class ship. Have been on all four.

Love this class. Has a great layout, especially the aft Lido deck with beam wide bar, adult pool, buffet just through the door and most importantly ALL OPEN TO THE SEA (remember, that thing your cruisin' on).

This is definitely the GOLDILOCKS of cruise ship size for me. :D

(see if you can figure out what those "urns" are all about) :rolleyes:

We couldn't agree more.

Been on her 3 times, and will sail Legend again. You cannot do ANY better than Spirit Class ships with Carnival. And they will likely never build more of 'em, since they give EVERY passenger more room to move about........and are therefore less profitable !

Enjoy !

As long as you don't have an overwhelming fear of urns, you'll love it! We've been on her twice and loved it both times. Love the itinerary, service has been great.... no complaints.

Check out the reviews in my sig.... both with pictures

Aww...I kind of like all the urns!

We couldn't agree more.

Been on her 3 times, and will sail Legend again. You cannot do ANY better than Spirit Class ships with Carnival. And they will likely never build more of 'em, since they give EVERY passenger more room to move about........and are therefore less profitable !

Enjoy !

We are looking forward to our March 18 cruise on Legend. We have cruised on every class of Carnival ship from the Holiday to the Dream and like the Spirit-class best. I particularly appreciate the fact that there are no MDRs midships in this class. That means that you can come out of the dining room and walk to the showroom without having to go up or down a deck or two to get past the middle dining room.

Thanks everyone!!! This way more and much better than I was expecting. All of these reviews will keep me busy for a while. Cigar Dude, I had already checked your's out. Great review! I'm not a smoker, but strongly considered taking up cigars after reading it. ;)

Keep it coming! My family is going to be incredibly impressed at my expertise in a few months!

I booked our summer cruise last week for the Legend. I need to hear how awesome she is! (I'm counting on this to fire up the family...) Favorite photos are welcome. I need a good collection of screen-savers.

Thanks!

If you want to fire up the family, head on over to Youtube and look up all the great Carnival Legend videos. You'll see everything, from going under the Skyway bridge, pov on the waterslide, dancing on the lido deck and in the Medusa's Lair, cabin tours, excursions, etc, etc, etc. Have fun!

We were on the Legend this past summer and had a fantastic time! The ship is great, you're going to love it, and all the ports were really cool. I did a review of our cruise - with pictures, (just click on them for a bigger version to see) I did the review back in August as soon as we got back. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1456579

The embarkation was a little rough (baggage issues), but the rest of the cruise was super fun! :D

Archived