Luggage shipping

scraplady

We did that when we flew across country a few years ago. It is a great way to go. Just be sure you alert the hotel that it's coming ahead of you. With UPS and FedEx, you should be able to get an exact date of delivery so you can time to your arrival.

I haven't done this in some time but we used to visit Walt Disney World every year and when my children were young, I would ship consumables including diapers, wipes, sunscrean, etc., as we did not have a rental car to pick up supplies locally. The resorts were glad to hold packages and sometimes we even found them waiting in our room upon arrival. As has been mentioned, make sure to double check with the hotel that they will hold a package, and that you have the correct physical address. I mark packages with my name and arrival date.

My sister is a serious overpacker. She travels with a small roll of packing tape stops at post offices when she travels to ship her dirty laundry home using the post office provided Priority Mail boxes, only for the convenience of not having to dig through dirtly laundry throughout the trip.

To ship an entire suitcase to your destination and back however, is both expensive and involves the hassle of the return shipping. I'm a spendthrift, but would have to see a substantial cost savings to go through this hassle on vacation.

Archived