Trikes in Aruba

Csh2145

According to their website at http://trikes-aruba.com/faq.php?pageid=OQ==

Q.8) Where can we find you?

Our address is THE MILL 8, Palm Beach (across the Riu and close to the Westin Resort), on the parking lot in front of the Dutch Mill. It’s the last blue cottage. The best way to get to our office is by car or Taxi. There we will give you short but proper instructions on how to safely drive the Trike.

This is in Palm beach. This is not within walking distance of the cruise terminal. I would allot 15-20 minute for the taxi ride in that it is dependent upon traffic getting out of downtown Oranjestad.

is it safe to to drive around in aruba, i think there is a tour guide with the treks. it looks like so much fun

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if you can take the bus to the Mill Resort, or to the Westin? Last time we were in Aruba we took the bus to the beach at the Amsterdam resort; looks like the Westin is just a bit further along the same road, if the bus goes that far it would be less expensive than a cab.

We were at the Lacabana next door to Amsterdam Manor and the bus stop. We took the bus to the Westin, very short trip, then walk down the street to trikes. It was a very short easy walk just look for the windmill. Great excursion day. We saw a lot of the island and trikes are fun to ride.

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked in February - Can someone please confirm if we can walk to the Westin - Palm Beach after ?

We have a 10 in our group and only my husband and I are doing the Trike. We want to meet up with the group after at the beach.

Which beach is the closest and nicest to meet up with the rest of the group. I read - Palm Beach at Westin was close - but can we walk ? and will the other guest be able to find chairs there ?

• 8 months later...
If they are still located at the Windmill in Palm Beach then the taxi would be $11 each way from Oranjestad. That is per ride, not per person. Add an additional $3 on Sundays or holidays.

Thank you very much Arubalisa!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just did the Trykes two weeks ago. What a blast!! Easy to drive, like an old VW four speed, wide turns, and have fun. Ten dollar cab ride to the Westin/ Blue Mill. Traffic was safe with lots of round-a- bouts. They had five trykes on our tour plus the guide in his dune buggy. Best island sight seeing tour we have ever taken.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My husband and I did a tour with Trikes Aruba Nov 2013 and had a blast.

Trikes are a 2 or 3 seat, 3 wheeled motorcycle with a trunk. They are stick shift and shifting is much like that of a car.

If you are rusty or never driven a stick no problem. Staff board the Trike with every driver providing live drivers training. They make sure every driver is capable of driving the Trike safely. My husband knew how to drive a stick and it took him only 1 lap around the business to get the thumbs up from his instructor. While another guest in our tour group took about 15 minutes to get the go ahead. They will work with you until you get it.

We had a 2 seat Trike. I was the passenger and really enjoyed the comfort and visibility that the rear elevated passenger seat provided.

Our tour lasted 3 - 4 hours. We drove nearly the entire island on the paved roads, making many scenic photo stops. Our ever watchful guide Michaelangelo was friendly, informative and patient.

It was amazing to see guests on Bus Tours, ATV Tours and people we drove by taking pictures of US! You know they wanted to be on OUR Trikes tour.

For this tour I would recommend bringing the following:

• Sunscreen (do not forget this)

• Baseball hat (might blow off while driving but useful at stops)

• Bottled water

• Towel (useful for wiping off excess dirt and sweat)

• Camera

• Driver’s License

• Money (for souvenirs and food purchases)

Aruba Trikes staff are true professionals. They beam with pride and love their product. Safety and fun go hand and hand. I have no doubt that if cruise ship guests catch wind of this fantastic tour, Trikes Aruba would be booked solid and have a standby list. It's just that much fun. :)

My husband and I did a tour with Trikes Aruba Nov 2013 and had a blast.

Trikes are a 2 or 3 seat, 3 wheeled motorcycle with a trunk. They are stick shift and shifting is much like that of a car.

If you are rusty or never driven a stick no problem. Staff board the Trike with every driver providing live drivers training. They make sure every driver is capable of driving the Trike safely. My husband knew how to drive a stick and it took him only 1 lap around the business to get the thumbs up from his instructor. While another guest in our tour group took about 15 minutes to get the go ahead. They will work with you until you get it.

We had a 2 seat Trike. I was the passenger and really enjoyed the comfort and visibility that the rear elevated passenger seat provided.

Our tour lasted 3 - 4 hours. We drove nearly the entire island on the paved roads, making many scenic photo stops. Our ever watchful guide Michaelangelo was friendly, informative and patient.

It was amazing to see guests on Bus Tours, ATV Tours and people we drove by taking pictures of US! You know they wanted to be on OUR Trikes tour.

For this tour I would recommend bringing the following:

• Sunscreen (do not forget this)

• Baseball hat (might blow off while driving but useful at stops)

• Bottled water

• Towel (useful for wiping off excess dirt and sweat)

• Camera

• Driver’s License

• Money (for souvenirs and food purchases)

Aruba Trikes staff are true professionals. They beam with pride and love their product. Safety and fun go hand and hand. I have no doubt that if cruise ship guests catch wind of this fantastic tour, Trikes Aruba would be booked solid and have a standby list. It's just that much fun. :)

Hi we made a reservation with them for next week we'll be on the Crown Princess arriving at 8am. At first they said we needed to be there by 9am and last Fri. the emailed and said we needed to be their by 8:30 as by 9am they will start the training. Is this doable for us to get there by 8:30. Has anyone else done this before.

Hi we made a reservation with them for next week we'll be on the Crown Princess arriving at 8am. At first they said we needed to be there by 9am and last Fri. the emailed and said we needed to be their by 8:30 as by 9am they will start the training. Is this doable for us to get there by 8:30. Has anyone else done this before.

Yes, this is doable. Just be sure to be off the ship as soon as she is cleared, grab a cab at the port, and you're golden! You can take the public bus back to the port for a buck or two...

Yes, this is doable. Just be sure to be off the ship as soon as she is cleared, grab a cab at the port, and you're golden! You can take the public bus back to the port for a buck or two...

Trixiee, thanks for your reply. We are really looking forward to the trikes. Must have to be on line to get off the ship by 7:30 or so.... Joya

That's exactly what we did 2 weeks ago. Just disembark your ship ASAP and grab a taxi outside the cruise terminal by 8:15. You should be there by 8:30 am.

Enjoy your adventure. Bring sunscreen :)

Edited by Disp405

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Trike tour last month. It was wonderful! There was no trouble taking a cab from the ship and they called a cab for us on return.

Not so good for Aruba Trikes -some rude-dumb-asses who booked the tour didn't show up and didn't call to cancel, :mad: so we were the only couple that day. It might have been fun to have more trikes so we could travel like a biker gang.:)

DH is a very experienced driver so it took no time for his training. We took off with Michelangelo as our guide and drove for almost 4 hours covering most of the island. We stopped lots of times for pictures and leg stretching.

I loved sitting on the raised back seat. Felt like 'Queen of the May'!

I agree with italian boater's recommendations of what to bring except that I would suggest a hat with a tie-on strap. If you have a warm sunny day like we did it can get pretty hot. I only had a ball cap and it would have blown off. I wish I'd known because I had my Tilley on board with me.

DH said it was one of the best excursions I've booked!

We've got the trikes booked for next week when we are on the Breeze. I can't figure out though if Breeze's ship time matches Aruba. does anyone know? I've got a nagging feeling we will be docking the same time we're supposed to be at the trikes (9:00 am). Breeze is in at 8 am but I don't know if that is Aruba time or Miami time.

I would email Trikes and ask the question. They should be familair with Carnival cruise passengers and arrival times.

If you go by the info here then you will have an issue.

During the winter when the U.S. is on standard time, Aruba is one hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time. For example, 8 a.m. in Miami is 9 a.m. in Aruba.

Edited by Arubalisa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...